Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Citibank to lay off 50,000 workers.......

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like

Citibank to lay off 50,000 workers.......

....while paying the Mets $20 million dollars a year for the naming rights to their new ballpark. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Layoffs are usually a way to get rid of the loser workers anyway. I do feel for the competent people that lose their jobs though.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Stock market is going to crash even further today.:eek:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;2866781]Layoffs are usually a way to get rid of the loser workers anyway. I do feel for the competent people that lose their jobs though.[/QUOTE]

Your kidding right? I would hate to think the world reacts like you would. I just lost my job last week because the bank I worked for decided to buy another firm that was not worth toilet paper and fire it's own people to make the aquisition.

Stupid post bro......

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;2866890]Your kidding right? I would hate to think the world reacts like you would. I just lost my job last week because the bank I worked for decided to buy another firm that was not worth toilet paper and fire it's own people to make the aquisition.

Stupid post bro......[/QUOTE]

My post is absolutely correct. Cases such as yours is the reason that I put in words like "usually" and the sentence like "I feel bad for the competent people who lose their jobs."

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GeorgeSauer;2866778]....while paying the Mets $20 million dollars a year for the naming rights to their new ballpark. Unbelievable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/QUOTE]

How about AIG plans to pay Execs 500 Million in bonuses using the bailout money?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;2866978]How about AIG plans to pay Execs 500 Million in bonuses using the bailout money?[/QUOTE]

What's wrong with that?

Schluberator & Gadfly
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2866984]What's wrong with that?[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e345/chesapeakejet/frustrationas8_1.gif[/IMG]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's Obama's fault.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=chesapeakejet;2866978]How about AIG plans to pay Execs 500 Million in bonuses using the bailout money?[/QUOTE]

Better pay 'em now, before Obama raises taxes.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;2866934]My post is absolutely correct. Cases such as yours is the reason that I put in words like "usually" and the sentence like "I feel bad for the competent people who lose their jobs."[/QUOTE]

You are wrong- there have already been a number of job cuts the past few years that got rid of non-productive workers...they're not trimming the fat anymore, but cutting into muscle...the banks are in pure survival mode now, raising cash any way they can

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;2867006]You are wrong- there have already been a number of job cuts the past few years that got rid of non-productive workers...they're not trimming the fat anymore, but cutting into muscle...the banks are in pure survival mode now, raising cash any way they can[/QUOTE]

At least you get it. I thought I was immune to these hard times just last week. It's going to get much, much worse....

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LIDeadHead;2866890]Your kidding right? I would hate to think the world reacts like you would. I just lost my job last week because the bank I worked for decided to buy another firm that was not worth toilet paper and fire it's own people to make the aquisition.

Stupid post bro......[/QUOTE]

+1

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    i used to work for citigroup and they have already cut over 20,000 jobs..so i would say the "losers" are gone.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=hendu24;2867050]i used to work for citigroup and they have already cut over 20,000 jobs..so i would say the "losers" are gone.[/QUOTE]

Yourself included?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfan1983;2866781]Layoffs are usually a way to get rid of the loser workers anyway. I do feel for the competent people that lose their jobs though.[/QUOTE]

layoffs are made, to create earnings (for stockholders) to cut costs to make more profit on their income statements...

and of course if the company is doing awful

its not like the economy is, prospering, its part of the economic downfall

take an accounting class will you!
    Last edited by Mikey Z 6; 11-17-2008 at 11:53 AM.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;2867051]Yourself included?[/QUOTE]

no i made it thru the cuts, i left for another job and just got laid off.

Jets Insider VIP
    Phoenix, AZ (New Jets Stadium Section 246)
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE][B]Citibank to lay off 50,000 workers....... [/B][/QUOTE]

Thank goodness. I thought it was going to be something really terrible like 55,000!

:rolleyes:

This economy is teh suck until 2010 at the earliest.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=hendu24;2867062]no i made it thru the cuts, i left for another job and just got laid off.[/QUOTE]

congratulations

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Roger Vick;2867065]congratulations[/QUOTE]

on getting laid off? thanks