Thread: Creating an "Obama Scorecard"

JetsInsider.com Legend

Creating an "Obama Scorecard"

I think it would be enlightening fo us (the members of teh forum from both sides) to create an "Obama Scorecard" of his top ten goals and top ten challenges when he takes office. We could then track each issue, and debate/discuss how he's done as we lead into the next Election Cycle dwn the road.

So, anyone up for starting it off?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2867500]I think it would be enlightening fo us (the members of teh forum from both sides) to create an "Obama Scorecard" of his top ten goals and top ten challenges when he takes office. We could then track each issue, and debate/discuss how he's done as we lead into the next Election Cycle dwn the road.

So, anyone up for starting it off?[/QUOTE]

Hold that thought...I still have to finish my Bush one ;)

Good idea.

I think you'd definitely include:

1) Stabilizing the financial markets (it will be hard to do anything else until this happens.).

2) Some sort of major legislation to move us closer to energy independence.

3) Some sort of major legislation to vastly decrease the number of people without health insurance.

4) The withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq, with the exception of small residual forces to train Iraqis, guard our embassy and carry out the occasional strike on terrorists, if necessary.

5) An escalation in Afghanistan that thwarts the resurgent taliban and impacts the terrorists over the Pakistan border.

6) Some sort of major climate-change legislation (this may wind up in the energy package).

7) Closing the Guantanamo Bay Gulag and striking down the executive order authorizing torture.

8) Renewed diplomacy with Iran, Pakistan and others.

9) Middle class tax cut.

10) Nationalizing the means of production in order to empower the proletariat against the bourgeois. (Kidding.)
    Last edited by nuu faaola; 11-17-2008 at 03:52 PM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2867510]Hold that thought...I still have to finish my Bush one ;)[/QUOTE]

He failed.

So, now that we covered that, anyone have anything productive to offer?

All Pro
    Barring unforeseen events, Obama's administration will be judged almost exclusively by the performance of the economy over the course of the next 4 years.

If the recession is minimalized and the economy rebounds, Obama's first 4 years will most likely be viewed as a success. If the economy continues to plummet and we enter into a depression, Obama's policies will come under heavy scrutiny and he will have an uphill battle to win a second term.

It's his job to turn this economy around, and this issue will be the biggest factor in determining whether he gets a W or L on the scoreboard.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2867527]He failed.

So, now that we covered that, anyone have anything productive to offer?[/QUOTE]

It was a joke Captain Kotex...relax.

Obama is a black Bush.

Why do we need the President to turn the economy around? We're smart enough and productive enough to figure it out on our own if the government would just let us do our thing.

Case in point, the Bailout Bill - we gave loads of money to banks in order to lend. Guess what happened? Banks sat on the cash and didn't lend. You can't force the economy to do what you want. You have to give it the freedom to allocate capital the best way possible.

A ton of mistakes were made in the market. We need to de-leverage, not pretend we can avoid the losses. We can't. The losses are already there. Either we can rip off the band-aid or pull it as slow as possible. What hurts more?