Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where's the "Change"? Obama to cut and paste from Clinton administration?

JetsInsider.com Legend

Where's the "Change"? Obama to cut and paste from Clinton administration?

It will be interesting to see how his Cabinet fills out, particularly the crucial positions like State, Defense, etc. but there are already indications that this may look a lot like a sequel.

[QUOTE]..."More than half of the people named so far to Obama's transition or staff posts have ties to former President Bill Clinton's administration."

The Clinton-heavy team has caused some Republicans to question Obama's call for change.

"I think several individuals are very frustrated to think that President-elect Obama may just cut and paste from some of the Democratic operatives from the Clinton administration and put them into his White House," said Leslie Sanchez, a Republican strategist and CNN contributor.

Republicans aren't the only ones who want Obama to branch out. Robert Kuttner, a liberal and author of "Obama's Challenge," says the president-elect should broaden his recruiting efforts.

"It's not as if the only competent people who ever served in government or who are capable are serving in government are veterans of the Clinton administration, so he's got to be careful how many Clintonistas he appoints to top level government posts," Kuttner said....[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/11/19/transition.wrap/index.html[/url]

Change from BUSH.

Capeesh?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=FF2;2870646]Change from BUSH.

Capeesh?[/QUOTE]

LOL. We all knew that was coming one way or the other in January. But I think we were hoping that there would be changes from the politics of the past. "Going Clinton" isn't that! Capeesh?

All League
    [QUOTE=FF2;2870646]Change from BUSH.

Capeesh?[/QUOTE]

EXACTLY!!!

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2870654]LOL. We all knew that was coming one way or the other in January. But I think we were hoping that there would be changes from the politics of the past. "Going Clinton" isn't that! Capeesh?[/QUOTE]

That's what I thought his campaign was supposed to be all about.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetstream23;2870654]But I think [B]we[/B] were hoping that there would be changes from the politics of the past. "Going Clinton" isn't that! Capeesh?[/QUOTE]

What's this "we" sh*t?

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2870654]LOL. We all knew that was coming one way or the other in January. But I think we were hoping that there would be changes from the politics of the past. "Going Clinton" isn't that! Capeesh?[/QUOTE]

Not me.

Bring back the days of Bubba.

What's next, hiring that little chubby girl as an intern?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2870664]What's this "we" sh*t?[/QUOTE]

Well, maybe not you. But a lot of people were hoping that, as both McCain and Obama mentioned during the campaigns, they were going to look forward and not backwards. Recycling the Clinton administration really isn't looking forward, is it? If McCain was elected I certainly didn't want Bush Part II, and with Obama I don't want Clinton Part II.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2870695] If McCain was elected I certainly didn't want Bush Part II, and with Obama I don't want Clinton Part II.[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately you're going to get Jimmy(sissy)Carter part II....

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2870689]What's next, hiring that little chubby girl as an intern?[/QUOTE]

She's lobbying for Secretary of State

oh....you mean the other chubby girl

Obama has basically 4 options here:

1) Hire someone from Bush 43 administration.

2) Hire someone from Clinton adminstration.

3) Hire someone from older (Bush 41, Reagan, Carter) administration.

4) Hire someone with no real White House experience.

Considering Obama's total political experience, it makes sense he would want to surround himself with more experience.

If he wants an experienced person, and someone who isn't 80 years old, chances are that person will be some way affliated with the Clintons.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2870689]What's next, hiring that little chubby girl as an intern?[/QUOTE]

Hasn't she completed school by now? I would think she would at least be in line for White House Press Secretary or Chief Chamber Maid....

Why this shocks anyone is quite funny.

Obama doesn't stand for change.

He is a typical politican, who will hire a typical staff of partisans and party hacks and opposing party (R).I.N.O.'s to claim "bipartisanship", all the while doing what every other politician before him has done, reniging on promises, pushing partisan policies, failing to get things done, blaming the other side for all problems, geting in the way of freedom, and generally mucking about whilst suckling himself and his political friends and allies at the public tit.

Hope indeed.

Jets Insider VIP
    Great. So this mean after Obama, we have to look forward to a Bush Part 3 in order to continue the cycle?

[QUOTE=Guido Monzino;2870881]Great. So this mean after Obama, we have to look forward to a Bush Part 3 in order to continue the cycle?[/QUOTE]

Dear God I hope not.....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2870904]Dear God I hope not.....[/QUOTE]

JEB is waiting...

Or Lauren. I'd consider her...

[IMG]http://www.petaenespanol.com/feat/sexyveg05/newimages/Bush.jpg[/IMG]

Banned

Uh, yes it is.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=bitonti;2870757]Obama has basically 4 options here:

1) Hire someone from Bush 43 administration.

2) Hire someone from Clinton adminstration.

3) Hire someone from older (Bush 41, Reagan, Carter) administration.

4) Hire someone with no real White House experience.

Considering Obama's total political experience, it makes sense he would want to surround himself with more experience.

If he wants an experienced person, and someone who isn't 80 years old, chances are that person will be some way affliated with the Clintons.[/QUOTE]

the need for experienced people to deal with all the enormous problems we face is far and away the best argument for his nominees imho...

that being said, I also agree with WF's point since, in the end, Clinton and Obama are both controlled by the same people.

also I'd like to point out that Obama's hiring of Clintonites should tamp down any fears righties have of Obama being uber-left... as hiring all these centrists, RINOs, etc seem to indicate he won't take us as far left as you righties had feared. That's also why Obama can only get worse from here... he's peaked imho

Banned
    The conservatives weren't complaining when Bush Jr. was hiring retread losers (Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice) from the Nixon, Reagan and his daddy's administration. This thread is hypocrisy at its finest.
    Last edited by VincenzoTestaverde; 11-20-2008 at 12:29 PM.