Thread: So it's official.. Hank is only a mouth piece

Banned

So it's official.. Hank is only a mouth piece

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11202008...fer_139756.htm

George Steinbrenner's 35-year reign as boss of the Yankees ended today when he passed control of baseball's most famous team to his youngest son, Hal.

Hall Of Fame
    I've been saying this for months. I don't know why anyone is surprised by this news.

Banned
    I think the article states you can only name one person and the family voted Hal. Not sure I would overread into that and call Hank just a mouth piece.

If that was completely true wouldn't Kennedy and Hughes be still rotation candidates? I mean that was Cash and Hal's plan.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by chad101 View Post
    I think the article states you can only name one person and the family voted Hal. Not sure I would overread into that and call Hank just a mouth piece.

If that was completely true wouldn't Kennedy and Hughes be still rotation candidates? I mean that was Cash and Hal's plan.
    Currently they are... only Wang and Joba are locks to be in the rotation.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Currently they are... only Wang and Joba are locks to be in the rotation.
    Sorry but disagree. That generation trey plan appears to have been aborted after one spring. Probably prematurely but aborted nonetheless.

The Yanks have made it public knowledge that they want at least 2 of CC, Burnett and Lowe......You also have a possible Andy at a paycut return to consider. All of the discussed FA's are 4 yr contracts or longer (except Andy) added to the fact that Joba and Wang aren't going anywhere.

Not sure how you see that as Hughes and Kennedy being in the rotation plans in any other scenario other than the SP FA's saying no to the Yankees money.

Let's say the Yanks sign two of their 3 targeted SP FA's.... that leaves 1 spot in the rotation open for Andy, Hughes, Aceves or a lesser FA. Hughes would need a lights out spring to be considered as the team has said it would prefer he spend the year in the Minors. That lights out spring would also only come into play if Andy does not return at less money.

IMO, Kennedy or Hughes along with Swisher get dealt this winter if Free Agency goes the way the Yankees want it to.