Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 85

Thread: Knicks to trade Jamal Crawford for Al Harrinton

  1. #1

    Knicks to trade Jamal Crawford for Al Harrinton

    per Rich Bucher of ESPN,

  2. #2
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,369
    Good trade for the Knicks. It frees up a bunch of $$$$$, Harrington is an UFA after this season. I also feel it actually makes them better this year as well. Q goes to the two guard spot and the fowards are Harrington and Chandler. Makes them bigger and harder to guard as Harrington can score from anywhere on the floor.
    Last edited by LockeJET; 11-21-2008 at 08:06 AM.

  3. #3
    He's actually a FA in 2010, but that works for the Knicks too.

    I see the story on SI, but that just says trade Malik Rose. Where are you getting Jamal Crawford? Do you have a link?

  4. #4
    All League
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Manhattan
    Posts
    738
    the post says that the trade is Harrington for Rose (and his expiring contract). No mention of Crawford.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by igotsowell View Post
    the post says that the trade is Harrington for Rose (and his expiring contract). No mention of Crawford.
    Conflicting reports. Vescey assumes it Rose, which i would also but on ESPN late last night Bucher said that the Warriors demanded Crawford in a deal.

  6. #6
    Crawford better be included in this deal. The Knicks #1 goal has to be to get rid of the contracts that run past 2010.

  7. #7
    i heard craw as well...good deal for both sides.

  8. #8
    All League
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    692
    Link??

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    Crawford better be included in this deal. The Knicks #1 goal has to be to get rid of the contracts that run past 2010.
    This has been rumored for the past several months, however original reports since way back when had them wanting Curry, which most likely fell through due to him being inactive this year. However Walsh has wanted Harrington playing back under him ever since he demanded a trade. I really can't see any realistic scenario where Crawford or Curry aren't included in the deal, as the contracts wouldn't match up if they weren't.

    The problem if it's Crawford is that now the frontcourt becomes even more overloaded, and I'm willing to bet that the player who's going to suffer the most from this is Lee, as he's clearly the odd man out in the system. From my understanding, Harrington's going to be back to 100% from the back strain on or around Thanksgiving.

    If Rose is included in the trade, which would make sense, and GS doesn't include anyone else, I'd think that Marbury is going to be active for tomorrow night's game.

    The sad part is that Curry is shaping up to be untradable, meaning we're most likely going to have to say goodbye to Randolph as well by next year's trading deadline. And that is a damn shame, he's been fantastic in this system and is having an All-Star year. He's perfect for D'Antoni's offense. However I think the goal from day one has been to get him playing at the level he's capable of in order to maximize his trade value.

    All in all this is a good salary dump for the Knicks for the 2010 push, however it's a little disheartening in the short term as it definitely hurts our chances of making the playoffs this season. I'm sad to see Crawford go actually, through so many dark times over the past several years, he was by far the most entertaining player on the team and had quite a few awesome moments in his tenure here. I had the pleasure of meeting him once (after they played Charlotte about a year and a half back) in a restaurant near the Garden, and he couldn't have been more humble and appreciative of the fans.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Bmiggsey View Post
    Link??
    It's true, just go to Hoopsworld and it's right on the front page. No report of who it is though. I'd say 95% chance it's Crawford, 5% chance it's Curry.

  11. #11
    Jets Insider VIP
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    27,394
    Crawford was the only player on the Knicks that looked like he gave a sh*t last year.

  12. #12
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,782
    I believe it's for Malik Rose. Please change the thread title until we know for sure.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by JamaicanJetFan View Post
    I believe it's for Malik Rose. Please change the thread title until we know for sure.
    That's just the Post's silly wording in the lead. The deal involves Rose, but Curry or Crawford are most definitely included in this deal.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Cedar Grove, New Jersey
    Posts
    6,759
    people still care about the NBA?

  15. #15
    All League
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,782
    This is just a brilliant move by Walsh. Whether its Curry, Malik, and/or Jamal-- none of these players figure into the long term success of the Knicks. And Al's contract expires before the end of 2010.

    Also, if its a 2 for 1, we'll free up a roster spot to resign Patrick Ewing Jr.

    Win-win-win. Thank you Donnie for not being a complete moron like Isiah.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    That's just the Post's silly wording in the lead. The deal involves Rose, but Curry or Crawford are most definitely included in this deal.
    malik rose straight up for al harrington would be one of the best trades ever in nba history..i hate to lose crawford though. I could see him in the knicks long term plans...

  17. #17
    Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Location
    Westchester Co.
    Posts
    38,269
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    malik rose straight up for al harrington would be one of the best trades ever in nba history..i hate to lose crawford though. I could see him in the knicks long term plans...
    I'd rather Curry goes than Crawford as well...

  18. #18
    the knicks blog is sayin there might be a third team involved and thats why the trade isnt finalized yet

  19. #19
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    Quote Originally Posted by frankiepapa View Post
    malik rose straight up for al harrington would be one of the best trades ever in nba history..i hate to lose crawford though. I could see him in the knicks long term plans...
    Long term plans? The guy is a losing player and he takes that stigma wherever he goes.

    He needs the ball too much and the only way he is effective in this current system is when he gets hot from three point range.

  20. #20
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,240
    Quote Originally Posted by jetswin View Post
    I'd rather Curry goes than Crawford as well...
    Curry is basically untradeable.

    You would have to take on a worse contract than his.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us