Thread: Hidden Obama Tax?

Hidden Obama Tax?

My son just told me this........ he's 20 and tends to believe things a bit too easily. He just started a job at a store that sells guns, so it could well be accurate. Maybe someone can tell me if they have heard of this.

He says that Obama is proposing a 500% tax on gun sales (I guess he wants to put them out of business, too). The store manager says they sold 130 guns in a day.

I am not a hunter and cringe at the thought of killing animals like bears and moose, but nonetheless, if this is true............. it is the liberal equivalent of Bush. Obama is doing what he wants because he wants (and wants to thank the environmentalist contributors) and too bad for everybody else.

Some change. Sounds like "to the victor belongs the spoils." Sounds like Andrew Jackson in 1830 something..........

Jets Insider VIP
    [url]http://www.dailymail.com/News/200811140135[/url]

[QUOTE]Gun rights advocates have also pointed out a 1999 Chicago newspaper article that stated Obama's promotion of a plan that would hike federal taxes by 500 percent on firearms and ammunition sales. [/QUOTE]

My landlord said the rent is late...he might have to litigate.
    Must. Buy. Gun.

Well it depends on which rumor you want to believe more. A lot of those guys think Obama is going to take their guns away period.

[QUOTE=JCnflies;2873617]My son just told me this........ he's 20 and tends to believe things a bit too easily. He just started a job at a store that sells guns, so it could well be accurate. Maybe someone can tell me if they have heard of this.

He says that Obama is proposing a 500% tax on gun sales (I guess he wants to put them out of business, too). The store manager says they sold 130 guns in a day.

I am not a hunter and cringe at the thought of killing animals like bears and moose, but nonetheless, if this is true............. it is the liberal equivalent of Bush. Obama is doing what he wants because he wants (and wants to thank the environmentalist contributors) and too bad for everybody else.

Some change. Sounds like "to the victor belongs the spoils." Sounds like Andrew Jackson in 1830 something..........[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=cr726;2873648]Well it depends on which rumor you want to believe more. A lot of those guys think Obama is going to take their guns away period.[/QUOTE]

I've heard that Obama is going to take the guns away and give them to Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, Al Qaeda, the cast of SNL, ACORN, the Black Panthers, everyone on welfare, drunks, pedos, rapists and interior decorators.

yes this tax is so hidden, it's just a rumor.

Is he going to write a decree?

He's not going to do anything of the sort. Even if he still wanted to, its politically impractical to try.

Something he may have thought was appropriate a decade ago for inner city Chicago --some of which he represented-- is not necessarily something he's proposing for the entire U.S.

[QUOTE=nuu faaola;2873740]He's not going to do anything of the sort. Even if he still wanted to, its politically impractical to try.

Something he may have thought was appropriate a decade ago for inner city Chicago --some of which he represented-- is not necessarily something he's proposing for the entire U.S.[/QUOTE]

I was being sarcastic...should have put the rolling eyes on there...sorry.

Before or after he re-distributes their wealth?

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2873666]I've heard that Obama is going to take the guns away and give them to Rev. Wright, Bill Ayers, Al Qaeda, the cast of SNL, ACORN, the Black Panthers, everyone on welfare, drunks, pedos, rapists and interior decorators.[/QUOTE]

I guess that people are reacting to what they expect him to do .......... kinda like the market.

Thx:)

homey will raise taxes on ammo and guns but it will be in proportion with higher taxes on everything else or so i hope.no one ,except maybe our saviour Lord Jesus Christ, or possibly baby Jesus, will ever takes our guns away.

[QUOTE=JCnflies;2873799]I guess that people are reacting to what they expect him to do .......... kinda like the market.

Thx:)[/QUOTE]

by the way the market was taking a beating all week

3 oclock friday Obama's choice for treasury secretary was leaked and the market staged a 500+ point rally.

all people want is sound leadership - all signs point to an Obama administration will be sound leadership.