Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: WFAN Reporting Knicks Trading Zach Randolph

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

WFAN Reporting Knicks Trading Zach Randolph

Knicks are trading Zach Randolph and Marty Collins to the LA Clippers for Catino Mobley and Tim Thomas.

2010 can't get here fast enough.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pls move to the pro wrestling forum. thx.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah i heard that earlier today, looks like this year wont be to fun, but hey itsfor the best, now to get rid of Curry,and Marbury.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow.

Wonder why they couldn't do this in the offseason.

If there was any way to get Curry and Jeffries off the books that would be great.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Been rumored since this morning.

We're going to be about $50 million under the cap in 2010. Great day, great day.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by IM3 View Post
    Wow.

Wonder why they couldn't do this in the offseason.

If there was any way to get Curry and Jeffries off the books that would be great.
    Both their deals are expiring going into that season, meaning I think a sign & trade (with someone else) for at least one of them is very likely at this point. It's clear they're going to get either Lebron or Amare along with another elite non-superstar. We're going to have the room for it now.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I stopped watching Basketball 10 years ago

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    They are actually going to have enough room for two max contracts.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is a phenomenal day indeed. HAPPY LEBRON JAMES DAY!!!!!! We at least have a shot at him, Wade or Bosh

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

YOU ARE NEXT FATSO

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    we could possibly end the 2010 summer with two of Wade, Bosh, Lebron, JOe Johnson and Amare. These next two seasons mean nothing to me except our draft pick in 2009

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrud View Post

YOU ARE NEXT FATSO
    Funny thing, is this jack@ss has the ability to dominate, if he only gave a phuck.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, what a great day. Donnie Walsh is doing a great job. Setting us up for the bright future ahead.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Revis View Post
    we could possibly end the 2010 summer with two of Wade, Bosh, Lebron, JOe Johnson and Amare. These next two seasons mean nothing to me except our draft pick in 2009
    I'll take Lebron and Bosh

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by C Mart View Post
    I'll take Lebron and Bosh
    I would take Lebron n Amare but at this point we would be silly to argue over Lebron n (blank). Bring me the King and I could careless who the secondary player you bring to NY. Im going to put away a dollar a day starting today. If Lebron comes to NY I will go out and buy a home and road Lebron jeresy the day of his signing. If he passes, I will have a **** load of cash to get drunk and do whatever my wandering mind desires to heal the pain.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    These are excellent moves by NY today. Im surprised they found a taker for Randolph so fast. I always figured he was the kind of guy that would get traded closer to playoff time. I guess he was playing so well it made teams take the chance earlier. Knicks have put themselves in a position to now get a premier free agent in 2010, plus sign a second one or make a trade similar to how the Celtics did last season. The fact that the Nets are never moving to Brooklyn has to make it even easier for the club. For the first time since the franchise traded Ewing there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mmckiernan View Post
    I stopped watching Basketball 10 years ago

Then why are you posting in a basketball thread, Goofus?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Cack89 View Post
    yeah i heard that earlier today, looks like this year wont be to fun, but hey itsfor the best, now to get rid of Curry,and Marbury.
    They're still going to be pretty competitive this year though. Crawford is a nice shooter but his one-on-one game and lack of defense killed the Knicks for years. Randolph is great at filling a stat sheet (have him on my fantasy b-ball team) but Al Harrington is a better all-around player because he plays defense and is much more athletic, a better fit for D'Antoni's system.

My guess is the new starting lineup is Duhon and Richardson or Mobley in the backcourt, Chandler at the 3, Harrington at the 4 and Lee at Center. Not a championship contender but still a competitive team.