Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will Paterson choose to replace Clinton?

All Pro

Who will Paterson choose to replace Clinton?

I think It'll be Andrew Cuomo.

New York's 20th Congressional district Congresswoman cougar mom Kirstin Gillibrand.

[url]http://www.gillibrand.house.gov/[/url]

Her eastern New York State district includes Columbia County, most of Delaware County, most of Dutchess County, Greene County, most of Rensselaer County, Saratoga County, Warren County, and Washington County.

:jets18
    Last edited by AlbanyJet; 11-22-2008 at 07:23 AM.

All Pro
    Bill?

Paterson will be pressured, and expected, to replace a woman with another woman.

I'd rather see Paterson select someone as close to Buffalo as possible. I'm all about balance of government.

On CNN this morning during a 'man in the street' interview, some guy in Buffalo said that the automakers should look for a financial bail out from all those highly profitable oil companies.

Automakers produce cars that consume gasoline which is produced from crude oil.

That's the kind of common sense that New York needs!

I thin k it might be a latin person -- I'm hearing wisperings about Nydia Velasquez from Brooklyn-Manhattan. But I think this might be a good time to give something to the up-staters. I just can't see Gillebrand with that kind of pull at this point. Possibly Louise Slaughter or Nita Lowey.

I think that it will be an African American as there are now none in the Senate

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2874250]I think that it will be an African American as there are now none in the Senate[/QUOTE]
    If this is the reasoning behind Patterson's pick, it is wrong. Same with picking a woman just because a woman is replaced.

I heard today it was going to be Monica

Lewinsky

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2874274]If this is the reasoning behind Patterson's pick, it is wrong. Same with picking a woman just because a woman is replaced.[/QUOTE]

It is reasonable if the man/woman is qualified

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2874351]It is reasonable if the man/woman is qualified[/QUOTE]

A black man and a white man have equal qualifications- and you say go with the black man just based on his race? Not again with this.:rolleyes:

Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. and Caroline Kennedy have been floating around, as well as Andrew Cuomo and Nita Lowey

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2874617]Robert F. Kennedy, Jr. and Caroline Kennedy have been floating around, as well as Andrew Cuomo and Nita Lowey[/QUOTE]

God help us if these are our options.

Jets Insider VIP
    Client #9

That would be hysterical.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2874983]Client #9[/QUOTE]

Since he won't be doing any jail time, I think "Steamroller" Spitzer deserves a second chance.

I agree that it will be Cuomo, who was thinking about running against Paterson for Guv.

Paterson has a much better chance of being reelected if he gets his chief Democratic rival a better job before that election comes around.

Plus, Cuomo would be good.

[QUOTE=HDCentStOhio;2874594]A black man and a white man have equal qualifications- and you say go with the black man just based on his race? Not again with this.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Where did I post that?

[QUOTE=2009fatman;2874070]I think It'll be Andrew Cuomo.[/QUOTE]

We had enough Cuomo's running politics in NY. His dad ran NY into the ground!

[QUOTE=Jetdawgg;2877386]Where did I post that?[/QUOTE]

You've got to remember that reverse racism is HD's #1 issue in the universe. Even if you even though about it, he would know...he's just that sensitive.