Thread: The Federal Bailout and Luxury Boxes at Sporting Events

The Federal Bailout and Luxury Boxes at Sporting Events

I propose that we add to the bailout law that any company that takes money from the gov't should not be able to purchase any luxury boxes at sporting events.

Why should the taxpayers pay for this perk for the bigwigs? Please don't tell me that this is essential for them to do business.

Agreed......if you agree that all politicians and public servants must purchase their own tickets to events (no more gratis whatsoever), and must buy the cheapest seats available.

After all, public servants do not need luxury boxes either, and as servants of the public should be mingling with us, the public, not sitting in some big doners luxury box pandering to special interests.

Deal?

[QUOTE=Warfish;2874208]Agreed......if you agree that all politicians and public servants must purchase their own tickets to events (no more gratis whatsoever), and must buy the cheapest seats available.

After all, public servants do not need luxury boxes either, and as servants of the public should be mingling with us, the public, not sitting in some big doners luxury box pandering to special interests.

Deal?[/QUOTE]
    Deal. Agree 100%. I do think that the new ethics laws in Congress do have regulations about public servants accepting free tickets from corporations.

2 problems with the ticket prices right now are:

a. Companies should not be able to write the tix off as an business expense (entertainment).
    b. Stubhub reports directly to the team/league about how much they are making per ticket. Then those prices become reasonable?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Queens Jet Fan;2874200]I propose that we add to the bailout law that any company that takes money from the gov't should not be able to purchase any luxury boxes at sporting events.

Why should the taxpayers pay for this perk for the bigwigs? Please don't tell me that this is essential for them to do business.[/QUOTE]

Especially when they went after pharmaceutical companies for doing the same thing. Hypocrites. Miss those good old days.:D