Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama's weekly address (Announces plan to create 2.5 million jobs)

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2874509]Yeah, because he's black and can speak the English language.. therefore he's just like another black person who can speak the English language. Do you realize how stupid and ignorant you sound?

Thank God we didn't elect McCain, we might have had the senile Joe Gibbs running the country. :rolleyes: Yeah.. that's how ridiculous you sound.[/QUOTE]

how in anyway, shape, or form did he sound stupid and ignorant? He, like many SENSIBLE people realize that he said he would create jobs but did not indicate even remotely how. How ridiculous do you sound? You are ignorant are brainwashed. Change sounds great right now, let's see what Obama can deliver first before you make judgements.

Obama backpedling already?

[QUOTE]Over the weekend, Obama said he has charged his new economic team with devising a plan that would create or [b]preserve[/] 2.5 million jobs over two years. He said the plan would include broad spending plans as well as the middle- and low-income tax cuts he described during the campaign.[/QUOTE]

Now he'll settle for just "preserving" 2.5 million jobs. So how will we determine if 2.5 million jobs are saved?

We’ll put people back to work rebuilding our crumbling roads and bridges, modernizing schools that are failing our children, and building wind farms and solar panels; fuel-efficient cars and the alternative energy technologies that can free us from our dependence on foreign oil and keep our economy competitive in the years ahead.

Where has the millions of dollars we have paid in gas taxes that should have been used on the roads and bridges. BTW where is the billions going to come from? Taxes borrowing from foreign countries?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=eric1520;2875009]how in anyway, shape, or form did he sound stupid and ignorant? He, like many SENSIBLE people realize that he said he would create jobs but did not indicate even remotely how. How ridiculous do you sound? You are ignorant are brainwashed. Change sounds great right now, let's see what Obama can deliver first before you make judgements.[/QUOTE]

This was the entire theme of the 2008 election. Basically, you had a huge mindless politically-correct, brainwashed, hype machine that was all hopeful and dreamy, chanting "Change" and "Yes We Can" (Yes We Can what?) and if you weren't on the bandwagon, then you were clearly a racist. :rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2874509]Yeah, because he's black and can speak the English language.. therefore he's just like another black person who can speak the English language. Do you realize how stupid and ignorant you sound?

Thank God we didn't elect McCain, we might have had the senile Joe Gibbs running the country. :rolleyes: Yeah.. that's how ridiculous you sound.[/QUOTE]

Sean, I like you. But this is one of the most ignorant things I have ever seen you write.

No one said anything about Obama's race until just now. You brought it up.

[QUOTE=Guido Monzino;2882676]Sean, I like you. But this is one of the most ignorant things I have ever seen you write.

No one said anything about Obama's race until just now. You brought it up.[/QUOTE]

You like me? .. that's great, but don't be naive. You can't believe comparing Obama to Herm Edwards has nothing to do with race, because what else is there that makes that mach? The only thing they have in common is the color of there skin.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 11-26-2008 at 06:37 PM.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2883441]You like me? .. that's great, but don't be naive. You can't believe comparing Obama to Herm Edwards has nothing to do with race, because what else is there that makes that mach? The only thing they have in common is the color of there skin.[/QUOTE]

Again, you brought up race first. Are you a mind reader?

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2874454][url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m17pz0R_qZo[/url][/QUOTE]

Government can't create jobs or wealth. They either let growth happen naturally or they hold it back.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2883456]Again, you brought up race first. Are you a mind reader?[/QUOTE]

I can read between the lines, until Obama shows he's as bad a president as Herm Edwards is a coach, than the only thing they have in common is skin color.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2883461]I can read between the lines, until Obama shows he's as bad a president as Herm Edwards is a coach, than the only thing they have in common is skin color.[/QUOTE]

Take race out of it for a second, I consider both to be full of hot air. He told me is for change and then picks a Clintonian cabinet. Herm told me he plays to win the game but during crunch time is very conservative.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2883463]Take race out of it for a second, I consider both to be full of hot air. He told me is for change and then picks a Clintonian cabinet. Herm told me he plays to win the game but during crunch time is very conservative.[/QUOTE]

Obviously your definition of change is different than Obama's, obviously ideologs are not welcome in Obama's cabinet, that's change.

But who do you want in is cabinet if not some of Clintons? ...Bushies?

I can't see how anyone can be displeased with the people he's brought in, especially on the economic side.

Geithner, Summers, Volker, Orszag
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 11-26-2008 at 07:00 PM.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2883466]Obviously your definition of change is different than Obama's, obviously ideologs are not welcome in Obama's cabinet.[/QUOTE]

Change = the same, I get it.

Hell, Obama could appoint Bush to a cabinet position and I think his supporters would still wash his balls.

To answer your question, there is no one who has emerged since the Clinton admin. who can do an adequate job?

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2883472]

To answer your question, there is no one who has emerged since the Clinton admin. who can do an adequate job?[/QUOTE]

Can't please everyone. You aren't encouraged with Gates returning? or James Jones as national security adviser?

To answer your question, yeah, Barack Obama...
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 11-26-2008 at 07:08 PM.

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2883479]Can't please everyone. You aren't encouraged with Gates returning? or James Jones as national security adviser?

To answer your question, yeah, Barack Obama...[/QUOTE]

Man, we are really screwed when these guys die. They are irreplaceable! Even the Change Master General can't find anyone better.

[QUOTE=XingDaorong;2874514]Where? And how is this going to be paid for? Toll hikes? Increased taxation? Or is this going to be done by state governments?

By...fixing leaks and getting new desks? What jobs can you create from this? Here's a hint, the public schools are failing because of a lack of school choice and a closed shop system that the teacher's unions enforce. Obama talked about merit pay and charter schools, but that is legislation to change policy not an agent of job creation.

[B][COLOR="Blue"]This is done in factories, where plenty of people already work, what is Obama going to do here that isn't being done already? If people want solar panels on their houses they'll buy them, if solar power is a cost effective alternative to other forms of energy production then it will be tapped. How does this create jobs?[/COLOR][/B]

[I][B][COLOR="Red"]I do know that the current electrical infrastrcture would have to change as this new technology would be smarter, I think that is where the job creation would be.

Wind farms wold have to carry the power from one state to another. Much like the new internet, the new grid would run on fiber. [/COLOR][/B][/I]

If Obama was the CEO of General Motors then he could do this but how is he going to make fuel-efficient cars as the head of state? Carbon emission caps? Fuel efficiency standards? This doesn't employ the unemployed.[/QUOTE]

The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Standards Association (IEEE-SA) Standards Board approved starting three new fiber optic standards for all-dielectric, self-supporting and helically-applied cables used for communications in power grids. The IEEE-SA Standards Board also reaffirmed IEEE 1138-1994 standard for "Construction of Composite Fiber Optic Overhead Groundwire (OPGW) for Use on Electric Utility Power Lines."

[url]http://tdworld.com/news/power_fiber_optic_standard/[/url]

All Pro
    Man, the bitter fools are just falling out of the woodwork to proclaim Obama a failure before he has even arrived in office. Not bad. What they should be focusing on is how swiftly he is marshalling his cabinet and his advisors, how organized he is already, while having to maintain a backseat to the sitting doofus. So far, Obama gets an A for smart choices, for establishing a direction even before stepping into the job (prioritizing stiimulus over deficit reduction, right-sizing government, and utlizing infrastructure repair and improvement as a vehicle for jobs). So far, Obama is showing the same skill in transitioning that he showed in clobbering the opposition in the primaries and general election. Personally, I'm impressed. Not sold, but impressed. But I'm fully prepared for guys like Jetstream to declare in four years that "anybody could succeed" because things were so bad. Well, actually, Bush completely missed several opportunities to address this brewing crisis over a course of years and completely dropped the ball. Obama is going to hit the ground running come January 20th....

All Pro
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2883460]Government can't create jobs or wealth. They either let growth happen naturally or they hold it back.[/QUOTE]

More Austrian BS. But at least you're consistent. :rolleyes:

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2883479]Can't please everyone. You aren't encouraged with Gates returning? or James Jones as national security adviser?

To answer your question, yeah, Barack Obama...[/QUOTE]

Give it up, Tyler. These guys will never ever give Obama credit for anything he does. Period. Gates was an excellent choice. There are very very few who think otherwise on both sides of the aisle. THat in itself is change. Obama is actually making a decision based on rational assessment instead of blind ideology. If that means taking the guy who worked for the Republican president, so be it. And BB knows damn well that a quality defense secretary who knows the turf and has a handle on it is infinitely better than a new guy, however competent, who has a learning curve to overcome. Time is critical in Iraq.

[QUOTE]I do know that the current electrical infrastrcture would have to change as this new technology would be smarter, I think that is where the job creation would be.

Wind farms wold have to carry the power from one state to another. Much like the new internet, the new grid would run on fiber. [/QUOTE]

I agree with you but this isn't the 1930s where thousands of people are required to work a single factory that mass produces goods. Today the production of these wind turbines and fiber optic cables are done in mechanized factory. So my question is how will this create jobs if factories are already capable of filling these government orders?

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2883705]More Austrian BS. But at least you're consistent. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    Well since you said so, then ok.