Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 59

Thread: Angels in discussions with C.C.-- will offer C.C. close to 140 mil

  1. #1
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,458

    Angels in discussions with C.C.-- will offer C.C. close to 140 mil

    Don't have a link but I just saw it scrolling accross the bottom as I was watching ESPN.

    Says they are in discussions with C.C. and will offer him close to 140 mil. Also says the dont want to miss out on C.C while they wait for Mark Texeira's asking price to fall.

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Say goodbye to 2009 for the Yankees.

  3. #3
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    7,629
    **** my life

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    11,142
    Assuming Yanks up they're offer and this is true.

    160 with yanks in New York or 140 with angels in west coast?

  5. #5
    SO I guess he doesn't want to be a Yankee..... He is in discussion with the Angels, but we just throw a offer out there without a discussion? I don't see how this helps the Angels, their problem has never been pitching. They can't hit worth a damn. They will go cheap on a big bat, but go all out for a player they don't need...... This is just great....... Yankees get screwed again....

  6. #6
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    7,629
    Sabathia =

    Sabathia + Burnett =

    Sabathia + Lowe =

    Burnett + Lowe =

  7. #7
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Sabathia =

    Sabathia + Burnett =

    Sabathia + Lowe =

    Burnett + Lowe =
    How are you going to feel when it turns out we only get

    Lowe + Ollie Perez
    while Burnett and Texeira go to Boston?


  8. #8
    Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

    Join Date
    May 1999
    Posts
    16,458
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    SO I guess he doesn't want to be a Yankee..... He is in discussion with the Angels, but we just throw a offer out there without a discussion? I don't see how this helps the Angels, their problem has never been pitching. They can't hit worth a damn. They will go cheap on a big bat, but go all out for a player they don't need...... This is just great....... Yankees get screwed again....
    Getting C.C. will allow the Angels to be very active in the trade market. They have some real nice young arms to make a deal that could net them a big bat or 2.

  9. #9
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    7,629
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    How are you going to feel when it turns out we only get

    Lowe + Ollie Perez
    while Burnett and Texeira go to Boston?


  10. #10
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,192
    Quote Originally Posted by DevsJetsYanks88 View Post
    Sabathia =

    Sabathia + Burnett =

    Sabathia + Lowe =

    Burnett + Lowe =
    I guess I'm the only one, but I take Sheets over Burnett or Lowe.

    Lowe is 476 years old. He wasn't that good in Boston 4 years ago, does anyone really think he got better? Burnett, good stuff, so so control, major arm troubles, like surgeries and tearing scar tissue. Sheets, very good control (should age well), yeah lots of injuries, but usually tendinitis, inflammation, stuff like that.

  11. #11
    Our team once again misses out on the stud ace..... Now the Angels have like 4 aces in their rotation..... Hopefully Joba stays healthy and has a dominant season... We are going to suck... No one wants to play for the new yankees stadium, and we are going to open it up with a bunch of ****ty players.

  12. #12
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    In transit
    Posts
    6,192
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Our team once again misses out on the stud ace..... Now the Angels have like 4 aces in their rotation..... Hopefully Joba stays healthy and has a dominant season... We are going to suck... No one wants to play for the new yankees stadium, and we are going to open it up with a bunch of ****ty players.
    All things being even, why would you go to NY over So Cal. NY media is crazy, fans boo everyone for having a bad week, team is old, no tradition with Yankee stadium, ownership is a bit over the top.

    Angels, cheaper to live there, more laid back, more success, better team with younger players than the Yanks, won't get booed if you start 0-2. Really, if the $$ is close, why would you go to NY?

  13. #13
    All League
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    The Bronx, USA
    Posts
    4,965
    Do you think the Yanks will now stop at 140? if they want him they will go up another 30 mil. if $ is the issue, the Angels will lose every time

  14. #14
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hoboken
    Posts
    7,629
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    I guess I'm the only one, but I take Sheets over Burnett or Lowe.

    Lowe is 476 years old. He wasn't that good in Boston 4 years ago, does anyone really think he got better? Burnett, good stuff, so so control, major arm troubles, like surgeries and tearing scar tissue. Sheets, very good control (should age well), yeah lots of injuries, but usually tendinitis, inflammation, stuff like that.
    I'm kind of on the fence with Sheets. Other than being disappointed if we don't get CC, I wouldn't be too upset about signing. I would prefer the other two, but I don't think he would be too much of a downgrade. I only said Burnett and Lowe because those seem to be the other two names being mentioned in regards to the Yanks.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by chirorob View Post
    All things being even, why would you go to NY over So Cal. NY media is crazy, fans boo everyone for having a bad week, team is old, no tradition with Yankee stadium, ownership is a bit over the top.

    Angels, cheaper to live there, more laid back, more success, better team with younger players than the Yanks, won't get booed if you start 0-2. Really, if the $$ is close, why would you go to NY?
    Why would I go to NY? Because NY is the center stage, I would get to play in big games. Be in the national spotlight, get the endorsements with being on the NYY. Be on the GREATEST franchise in sports history, be on a team that Babe Ruth was once on and all the other greats. Be on a team that cares deeply about winning. The Angels are a old team also, they aren't this young laid back team you act like. Sure they have a deeper farm system.
    Every kid dreams about being a Yankee one time or another, for most thats what you try to get too. Once you are a NYY you reached the top.
    Plus you get to play for a BRAND NEW STATE OF THE ART STADIUM. The Stadium is electric in games, its not like any other. The fans are ten times more passionate about their team than the Angels fans(who are few).
    EVERY TEAM FANS boos their players, I'm sick of people acting like only the NY fans boo their own.
    Sure their is more pressure, but for some people they want a chance of that glory. They want to be one a national spotlight when they play. They want to be in those big games, they want to be on a team with as much winning tradition as the Yankees. They want a chance to be apart of the rich history of the Yankees.
    Sure California may be nicer weather, but they aren't so cheap out there either.
    Playing for the Yankees is a honor. Not every day you get to play for a team that has as much history as the Yankees, plus a new stadium.

    And when you reach the top with the Yankees, there is not a single franchise that treats their greats better than the Yankees. Their fans will LOVE you FOREVER. The team will take care of you.

    Angels are a joke compared to the Yankees in the long run.

  16. #16
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    7,241
    The Yankees are going to outbid that offer again.

    He's going to have to leave money on the table in order to avoid NY.

    Smart move by the Angels, Teixara is going to take till past Christmas to choose his highest offer and there is no gurantee they can outbid the Sox or Yankees on him.
    Last edited by Bay Ridge Jet; 11-25-2008 at 02:41 PM.

  17. #17
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockland, New York
    Posts
    5,359
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    The Yankees are going to outbid that offer again.

    He's going to have to leave money on the table in order to avoid NY.

    Smart move by the Angels, Teixara is going to take till past Christmas to choose his highest offer and there is no gurantee they can outbid the Sox or Yankees on him.
    Totally agree with this.

    C.C may very well take the Angel offer but that's not because the Yankees did not bid high enough.

  18. #18
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Posts
    13,537
    Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    The Yankees are going to outbid that offer again.

    He's going to have to leave money on the table in order to avoid NY.

    Smart move by the Angels, Teixara is going to take till past Christmas to choose his highest offer and there is no gurantee they can outbid the Sox or Yankees on him.
    Texeira has stated that he wants to sign before Christmas. The Angels are going after Sabathia because:
    1) Tex wants 10 years and they only want to give him 7
    2) They have a clear shot at C.C. He is willing to play for Anaheim for less

    If the Angels succeed in signing him, it is a lock that Texeira will be playing in Boston and the Yankees should start looking towards building for 2010 and beyond.

  19. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    9,157
    Sabathia used the Yankees. This blows.

  20. #20
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    1,932
    I always thought from the beginning he wasn't coming here...

    The Yanks will shift their attention to Tex I believe now as well Burnett and or Lowe...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us