Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter To Bill Maher

Board Moderator
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2907502]Why do you comment on every single post I make? You are obsessed with me aren't you.

:clown:[/QUOTE]

Why is your sig quote from a Jewish prophet?

Banned
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2907373]First off, you show me ONE scripture in the bible that says you can or will go to heaven by doing good works. You won't find one. As with most Catholics they have no bible understanding, mainly because they have never cracked one open to see what God actually said. [B]I don't really blame the person who is Catholic but the church who leads them into a false belief system.[/B][/QUOTE]

Well I'm not one to defend the church. I believe ALL churches lead people into a false belief system. They have to do so in order to sustain themselves. They preach one thing while practicing another, and use fear to keep people in line. Brainless morons such as yourself are proof positive of that.

I admire my in-laws because they have their own set of beliefs and live by them without forcing it upon anyone else. They've criticized and even protested the church's stance on various issues. They don't buy into everything that's preached to them.

[QUOTE=sackdance99;2907373]If your in-laws knew the truth they would share it with you but you can see they do not. It's not about religion at all. See, all of those on this forum have been given the truth. I have done more for all of you than your own parents in this way, in most cases. I have been loving and kind enough to tell you that unless you repent and get saved you are without a doubt headed to hell when your big day comes, whenever that may be. I'm not going to lie to you. You think it's harsh but let me ask you: if you were driving and saw a bridge down and cars headed towards that bridge would you sit there and watch or would you warn them with every ounce of energy you had for what's to come? The truth is harsh. I use great plainness of speech, and will not beat around the bush when it comes to someone's eternal soul. Watch out for those people who tickle your ears and tell you what you want to hear - they'll take you to hell with them.[/QUOTE]

Wow what an idiotic, self-righteous jerkoff you are.

But you are right. The truth is harsh. And here's the truth; your beliefs are nothing more than a product of some manipulative prick filling your empty head with fairy tales.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2906404]By saying "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her," Christ was not speaking of someone who was entirely free from any and all sin, as there was no such person other than Christ himself...Who Christ is referring to here is someone who is not guilty of some scandalous sin and more particularly, adultery...[/QUOTE]

Wow. this couldn't be further from the truth. This is Sackdance just trying to rationalize his ungodly judgement of others.

Sackdance, your haughtiness is going to land you a seat in hell right next to me. :eek:

[IMG]http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f118/nflnyjets/fail/blasphemy.jpg[/IMG]

Board Moderator
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2907373] You think it's harsh but let me ask you: if you were driving and saw a bridge down and cars headed towards that bridge would you sit there and watch or would you warn them with every ounce of energy you had for what's to come? [/QUOTE]

Your logic has a fatal flaw.

You don't absolutely know about the existence of hell, you believe it to be true, but you don't know for sure, and can't claim that you can. Therefore your logic is flawed. And your warnings are unwelcomed and idiotic.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2907373]First off, you show me ONE scripture in the bible that says you can or will go to heaven by doing good works. You won't find one. As with most Catholics they have no bible understanding, mainly because they have never cracked one open to see what God actually said. I don't really blame the person who is Catholic but the church who leads them into a false belief system. [/QUOTE]

James I:
    19 Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; 20 for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. 21 Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
    22 [B]But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. [/B]25 But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.
    [B]26 If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless. 27 Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.[/B]

James II
    [B]14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good [2] is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
    18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder! 20 Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless?[/B] 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works; 23 and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God. 24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone. 25 And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way? [B]26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.[/B]

Luke 6:30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. [B]6:33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 6:34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 6:36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. [/B] 6:39 And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch? 6:40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master. 6:41 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 6:42 Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye. 6:43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 6:44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

And here's a curious one for you Sackdance99... how could Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and those OT prophets find their way into the Kingdom of Heaven WITHOUT the saving grace of JC? If they could do so, wouldn't that suggest that not just they, but other non-Christians who are righteous and God-fearing could go there as well? I believe NONE of this, of course, but I was just curious how you'll rationalize these exceptions to the "born-again" mantra....

Luke 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.
    Last edited by long island leprechaun; 12-12-2008 at 02:58 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2907643]James I:
    19 Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; 20 for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God. 21 Therefore put away all filthiness and rampant wickedness and receive with meekness the implanted word, which is able to save your souls.
    22 [B]But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves. 23 For if anyone is a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like a man who looks intently at his natural face in a mirror. 24 For he looks at himself and goes away and at once forgets what he was like. [/B]25 But the one who looks into the perfect law, the law of liberty, and perseveres, being no hearer who forgets but a doer who acts, he will be blessed in his doing.
    [B]26 If anyone thinks he is religious and does not bridle his tongue but deceives his heart, this person's religion is worthless. 27 Religion that is pure and undefiled before God, the Father, is this: to visit orphans and widows in their affliction, and to keep oneself unstained from the world.[/B]

James II
    [B]14 What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Can that faith save him? 15 If a brother or sister is poorly clothed and lacking in daily food, 16 and one of you says to them, “Go in peace, be warmed and filled,” without giving them the things needed for the body, what good [2] is that? 17 So also faith by itself, if it does not have works, is dead.
    18 But someone will say, “You have faith and I have works.” Show me your faith apart from your works, and I will show you my faith by my works. 19 You believe that God is one; you do well. Even the demons believe—and shudder! 20 Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless?[/B] 21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar? 22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works; 23 and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God. 24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone. 25 And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way? [B]26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.[/B]

Luke 6:30 Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 6:31 And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 6:32 For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. [B]6:33 And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 6:34 And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 6:35 But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 6:36 Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. 6:37 Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: 6:38 Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again. [/B] 6:39 And he spake a parable unto them, Can the blind lead the blind? shall they not both fall into the ditch? 6:40 The disciple is not above his master: but every one that is perfect shall be as his master. 6:41 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but perceivest not the beam that is in thine own eye? 6:42 Either how canst thou say to thy brother, Brother, let me pull out the mote that is in thine eye, when thou thyself beholdest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, cast out first the beam out of thine own eye, and then shalt thou see clearly to pull out the mote that is in thy brother's eye. 6:43 For a good tree bringeth not forth corrupt fruit; neither doth a corrupt tree bring forth good fruit. 6:44 For every tree is known by his own fruit. For of thorns men do not gather figs, nor of a bramble bush gather they grapes. 6:45 A good man out of the good treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart bringeth forth that which is evil: for of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaketh.

And here's a curious one for you Sackdance99... how could Abraham, Isaac, Jacob and those OT prophets find their way into the Kingdom of Heaven WITHOUT the saving grace of JC? If they could do so, wouldn't that suggest that not just they, but other non-Christians who are righteous and God-fearing could go there as well? I believe NONE of this, of course, but I was just curious how you'll rationalize these exceptions to the "born-again" mantra....

Luke 13:28 There shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth, when ye shall see Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, and all the prophets, in the kingdom of God, and you yourselves thrust out.[/QUOTE]

You bible pervert. You don't do good deeds to get saved, you do them as a product of being saved. If you could get to heaven by doing good works then Jesus died in vein.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2907715]You bible pervert. You don't do good deeds to get saved, you do them as a product of being saved. If you could get to heaven by doing good works then Jesus died in vein.[/QUOTE]

Is faith equal to "being saved?"

What about your diatribe about "judging?"

"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven"

And exactly how did you answer my last question, which involves sharing the Kingdom of Heaven with OT guys who weren't saved at all?

You're frankly a pathetic example of a Christian. You haven't a clue what you're talking about, but you've managed to violate the most fundamental teaching of JC: humility. I'd suggest you take a break from JI and go back and really study the text you abuse so freely. And re-examine whatever experience you think you had. If you were really saved, it would show in how you carry yourself. See you in Hell, fool.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2907977]Is faith equal to "being saved?"

What about your diatribe about "judging?"

"Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven"

And exactly how did you answer my last question, which involves sharing the Kingdom of Heaven with OT guys who weren't saved at all?

You're frankly a pathetic example of a Christian. You haven't a clue what you're talking about, but you've managed to violate the most fundamental teaching of JC: humility. I'd suggest you take a break from JI and go back and really study the text you abuse so freely. And re-examine whatever experience you think you had. If you were really saved, it would show in how you carry yourself. See you in Hell, fool.[/QUOTE]

You are the fool. You represent all the damned because of your blindness to obvious scripture, and you attempt to twist (pervert) scripture to fit your liking. You know nothing about heaven and even less on how to get there. You're reading the same words I am, how can you be so remarkably confused?

Of course the OT prophets couldn't be saved through Jesus Christ. In short, they were saved through the sacrificing of animals for the remission of their sins. That would take me about an hour to explain. When Jesus came, he became the blood sacrifice so that the slaughtering of a spotless lamb was no longer needed. Jesus the Messiah came as the perfect sacrifice and the only remission for sins.

Obviously faith isn't equal to being saved. Knowledge is not equal to being saved. Go and rent the movie "Left Behind" and you will see that a Pastor on the pulpit was left behind when the rapture came. He had faith, he had knowledge but it wasn't in his heart. Just like you, many who have hardened hearts to the truth will be eternally bankrupt. How can I debate someone like you who has zero bible knowledge. You paste a few snippets and you think that is impressive. It is not. You've been lied to by everyone until now. I'm telling you the truth and that is until you get your nose in the bible and humble yourself to repentance you are one breath away from eternal hellfire.

So after all these words, understand this, the Lord is coming, America is finished. I run fast and light to get these words before this generation. Put away your idols, false gods and FILTHY manner of life. Get a bible, crack it, read the words and OBEY GOD!!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2908013]You are the fool. You represent all the damned because of your blindness to obvious scripture, and you attempt to twist (pervert) scripture to fit your liking. You know nothing about heaven and even less on how to get there. You're reading the same words I am, how can you be so remarkably confused?

Of course the OT prophets couldn't be saved through Jesus Christ. In short, they were saved through the sacrificing of animals for the remission of their sins. That would take me about an hour to explain. When Jesus came, he became the blood sacrifice so that the slaughtering of a spotless lamb was no longer needed. Jesus the Messiah came as the perfect sacrifice and the only remission for sins.

Obviously faith isn't equal to being saved. Knowledge is not equal to being saved. Go and rent the movie "Left Behind" and you will see that a Pastor on the pulpit was left behind when the rapture came. He had faith, he had knowledge but it wasn't in his heart. Just like you, many who have hardened hearts to the truth will be eternally bankrupt. How can I debate someone like you who has zero bible knowledge. You paste a few snippets and you think that is impressive. It is not. You've been lied to by everyone until now. I'm telling you the truth and that is until you get your nose in the bible and humble yourself to repentance you are one breath away from eternal hellfire.

So after all these words, understand this, the Lord is coming, America is finished. I run fast and light to get these words before this generation. Put away your idols, false gods and FILTHY manner of life. Get a bible, crack it, read the words and OBEY GOD!![/QUOTE]

I spent three years in a well-regarded graduate school of divinity to obtain a masters degree in the subject, but by all means continue with your crass nonsense. Your anger is so palpable it practically jumps off the page. Is that what you've gleaned from your experience of the Bible? Your arrogance, judgmentalism, and frankly inadequate understanding of the text you purport to follow is staggering. But I've run into so many people like you in so many churches that it just makes me sad. Your illogic in regard even to the question I posed to you is representative of the problem. James speaks about faith and good works as the key to entering heaven. Jesus notes repeatedly to those he encounters that their faith has saved them -- their belief. Is being saved an historical event, or a personal event? Was Abraham personally saved by his sacrifice in the traditional Jewish traditions? Were all those who followed other faiths prior to Jesus' coming banned forever from heaven because they didn't have the good luck to be around during or after his arrival? And what of the righteous souls who have never heard of JC over the centuries? Condemned too? I truly feel sorry for you. You simply haven't a clue.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2908104]James speaks about faith and good works as the key to entering heaven. Jesus notes repeatedly to those he encounters that their faith has saved them -- their belief. Is being saved an historical event, or a personal event?[/QUOTE]

Silly, being saved is a personal event, It didn't happen one time in history where everyone got saved and it's now some holiday. Ughhh

What do you think happened to the thief on the cross? Do you think he had a chance to go do some good works while he was up there for that short time before he died, of course not. He was saved by his faith, in Jesus. Which is why Jesus told him "today you will be with me in paradise forever."

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2908104]Was Abraham personally saved by his sacrifice in the traditional Jewish traditions?[/QUOTE]

For the most part, it is believed that Abraham was saved the same way you and I are in "the dispensation of the grace of God." This is simply not true as you will see. It is a long held tradition, but it is not what the Bible teaches. To see what the Bible teaches we must first take the Scripture in context and then compare Scripture with Scripture as we are commanded to do in John 6:63 and 1 Corinthians 2:13.

We see over in Romans 4:3 that that, "Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness." This and other verses is where they get Abraham was saved the same way as us thing from. So, we see that Abraham did indeed have righteousness, but was this enough for him? It could of been had he been sealed in the Spirit like us, but he was not. Therefore he had to work to keep his salvation which is different than ours anyway. At first glance one would be want to agree with them, but we are compare other Scripture with Romans four before we abruptly come to that conclusion.

James says in 2:21 that Abraham was justified by works. See James 2:19-24. Ah, there is the completion of his salvation. Don't you see it! We are sealed in the Spirit and therefore cannot work for or lose our salvation. Abraham was not, so he had to keep working to keep his salvation. It is that simple! We are not justified by works in this dispensation. Please, read the Scripture for what it says and don't pervert it to make them say what you believe and not what they say. That is called private interpretation my friend and is a no-no, not to be done! See Ephesians 2:8-9. Quit your lying on God!

[QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2908104]Were all those who followed other faiths prior to Jesus' coming banned forever from heaven because they didn't have the good luck to be around during or after his arrival? And what of the righteous souls who have never heard of JC over the centuries? Condemned too?[/QUOTE]

Scriptures tell us is that there is a stricter judgment for those who know and have rejected the Gospel (long island leprechaun) than there is for those who have never heard. Consider 2 Thessalonians 2:12 where it says that, for those who choose to believe the lie, there will be no recourse after the Rapture. That they ALL might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Luke 12:41-48 talked about the difference in judgment between those who know the will of God (long island leprechaun) vs. those who do not know:

"And that slave who knew his master's will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, shall receive many lashes, but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. And from everyone who has been given much shall much be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more." Luke 12:47-48

See, you won't have an excuse when it's your turn to stand before the Judge. You ALREADY know better, but, by his very skepticism, you are the one who believes "not the truth, but has pleasure in unrighteousness."

We can trust God to deal with the Third world New Guinea tribesman 'with equity' -- as He promised He would. Unless YOU repent, your fate is sealed.

You can't trip me up. I've studied scripture for wayyyyy too long. I've studied all the tactics that the God-hating skeptics like yourself attempt to use. I know your type all too well. It didn't work 200 years ago, it's certainly not going to start working today on a football forum. Watch out long island leprechaun, God is after you and he's foaming at the mouth in great wrath and anticipation in smacking your backside straight into hell for mocking him.

Pay attention to these words!! They were written for you:
    [I]
    I will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear comes. Instantly he will be broken and there will be no remedy.[/I]

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2908250]Silly, being saved is a personal event, It didn't happen one time in history where everyone got saved and it's now some holiday. Ughhh

What do you think happened to the thief on the cross? Do you think he had a chance to go do some good works while he was up there for that short time before he died, of course not. He was saved by his faith, in Jesus. Which is why Jesus told him "today you will be with me in paradise forever."

For the most part, it is believed that Abraham was saved the same way you and I are in "the dispensation of the grace of God." This is simply not true as you will see. It is a long held tradition, but it is not what the Bible teaches. To see what the Bible teaches we must first take the Scripture in context and then compare Scripture with Scripture as we are commanded to do in John 6:63 and 1 Corinthians 2:13.

We see over in Romans 4:3 that that, "Abraham believed God, and it was counted unto him for righteousness." This and other verses is where they get Abraham was saved the same way as us thing from. So, we see that Abraham did indeed have righteousness, but was this enough for him? It could of been had he been sealed in the Spirit like us, but he was not. Therefore he had to work to keep his salvation which is different than ours anyway. At first glance one would be want to agree with them, but we are compare other Scripture with Romans four before we abruptly come to that conclusion.

James says in 2:21 that Abraham was justified by works. See James 2:19-24. Ah, there is the completion of his salvation. Don't you see it! We are sealed in the Spirit and therefore cannot work for or lose our salvation. Abraham was not, so he had to keep working to keep his salvation. It is that simple! We are not justified by works in this dispensation. Please, read the Scripture for what it says and don't pervert it to make them say what you believe and not what they say. That is called private interpretation my friend and is a no-no, not to be done! See Ephesians 2:8-9. Quit your lying on God!

[B]Scriptures tell us is that there is a stricter judgment for those who know and have rejected the Gospel (long island leprechaun) than there is for those who have never heard. [/B]Consider 2 Thessalonians 2:12 where it says that, for those who choose to believe the lie, there will be no recourse after the Rapture. That they ALL might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

Luke 12:41-48 talked about the difference in judgment between those who know the will of God (long island leprechaun) vs. those who do not know:

"And that slave who knew his master's will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, shall receive many lashes, but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. And from everyone who has been given much shall much be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more." Luke 12:47-48

[B]See, you won't have an excuse when it's your turn to stand before the Judge. [/B]You ALREADY know better, but, by his very skepticism, you are the one who believes "not the truth, but has pleasure in unrighteousness."

We can trust God to deal with the Third world New Guinea tribesman 'with equity' -- as He promised He would. Unless YOU repent, your fate is sealed.

You can't trip me up. I've studied scripture for wayyyyy too long. I've studied all the tactics that the God-hating skeptics like yourself attempt to use. I know your type all too well. It didn't work 200 years ago, it's certainly not going to start working today on a football forum. [B]Watch out long island leprechaun, God is after you and he's foaming at the mouth in great wrath and anticipation in smacking your backside straight into hell for mocking him. [/B]

Pay attention to these words!! They were written for you:
    [I]
    I will laugh at your calamity; I will mock when your fear comes. Instantly he will be broken and there will be no remedy.[/I][/QUOTE]

Sackdance99, you're a trip. The image of God smacking my backside into hell gave me a belly laugh. But it better be only once. As they say in the john, smacking it more than once is playing with it.... And by the way, why do you give Paul higher authority in Ephesians than Jesus in Luke, or James for that matter? The messages are not internally consistent, which is the terrible problem with a text that was cobbled together from numerous schools with different understandings and different agendas. Doesn't mean there isn't wisdom to be found, but a thinking person would at least take pause, knowing the history of the Bible's construction. Peace be with you. Enjoy the great conflagration -- the wailing of unbelievers, the burning flesh, the raging angels smacking peoples' backsides into the fiery chasm. Should be a fun day. I would suggest a tailgater with weenies and marshmallows. Should be right up there with the Jets winning the Superbowl. ;)

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2906404]Yes. However, you may not understand what that means. It means not to judge unrighteously, it means not to judge using your human judgment, and it means not to judge hypocritically. In other words, don't substitute your judgment for God's, and don't judge other people when you are guilty of impenitently engaging in the same sins (i.e., Don't cast the first stone). However, there are several verses in the Bible where we are told to judge. "Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment" John 7:24. "But he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged of no man" I Corinthians 2:15. "Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters?" I Corinthians 6:2.

Many people use the story of the woman taken in adultery as an excuse to not ever preach to anyone. The simple truth of the matter is that Christ not only preached at the woman, but also at all of her accusers. By saying "He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her," Christ was not speaking of someone who was entirely free from any and all sin, as there was no such person other than Christ himself. The law of Moses called for the stoning of a person who was caught in adultery and that stoning had to be done by someone who was not guilty of the sin with which the accused was charged. Who Christ is referring to here is someone who is not guilty of some scandalous sin and more particularly, adultery. Christ called the generation in which He lived an adulterous and sinful generation, meaning, at least partially, that adultery was extremely prevalent. Therefore, as was shown by each of the accusers leaving without casting any stone, each of those accusers was just as guilty of adultery, if not more so, than the woman. He preached to them about their hypocrisy, convicting each one of them of their sins to such an extent that none could stand their own conscience. Also, by the very words "Go and sin no more," Christ preached repentance to the woman. Christ did not say "Go and continue living your wicked and adulterous life and I will grant you salvation anyway".

Further, by telling him that was without sin to cast the first stone, Christ showed to the woman that He was merciful, and to her accusers, he showed that He is the searcher of hearts. Christ, not only by His words, but also by His actions, preached that salvation is by grace and not by works. According to the law of Moses, this woman was fully deserving of being stoned to death for her adultery.

Crying "judge not lest you be judged" or "let he who is without sin cast the first stone" is a favorite tactic among so-called Christians, just like it was among the ancient Sodomites. "And they said, Stand back. And they said again, This one fellow came in to sojourn, and he will needs be a judge: now will we deal worse with thee, than with them. And they pressed sore upon the man, even Lot, and came near to break the door" Genesis 19:9. It really doesn't make any sense to use these verses against someone who is following Christ's command to preach to every creature, because preaching and judging aren't the same things. So if you're going to use these verses, at least use them in context - don't be a typical sodomite and say it just because you're too weak-minded to address the issues.

If you still think that we aren't supposed to judge under any circumstances, then you better not tell me to stop judging. Otherwise, you'd be guilty of judging me.[/QUOTE]

UMM we don't judge until we are in heaven for those 1000 years when we judge the wicked. But here on Earth we have no right to judge any human.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2907373]First off, you show me ONE scripture in the bible that says you can or will go to heaven by doing good works. You won't find one. As with most Catholics they have no bible understanding, mainly because they have never cracked one open to see what God actually said. I don't really blame the person who is Catholic but the church who leads them into a false belief system.

If your in-laws knew the truth they would share it with you but you can see they do not. It's not about religion at all. See, all of those on this forum have been given the truth. I have done more for all of you than your own parents in this way, in most cases. I have been loving and kind enough to tell you that unless you repent and get saved you are without a doubt headed to hell when your big day comes, whenever that may be. I'm not going to lie to you. You think it's harsh but let me ask you: if you were driving and saw a bridge down and cars headed towards that bridge would you sit there and watch or would you warn them with every ounce of energy you had for what's to come? The truth is harsh. I use great plainness of speech, and will not beat around the bush when it comes to someone's eternal soul. Watch out for those people who tickle your ears and tell you what you want to hear - they'll take you to hell with them.[/QUOTE]

While I see where you are heading with what you are saying you are going aboput it the wrong way. You can not force yourself to be a evangelist. The best way to do that is to casually mention your beliefs and if they want to know more they will inquire from you. No wonder people on here think we are kooks your trying to tell them they are going to hell but you are doing it the wrong way. Your doing the equivalent of telling your teenage son he can not drink the more you tell a teenager they can not do something the more they will. A good example is when people post stuff to me I don't attack them personally I just say what i believe the bible means and when you pm'ed me I shared more.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;2907480]I don't know if this is the way you think and act in real life, or you are just postering, but you play the role of old-school prophet very well.

If you think those people are going to hell becuase they don't belive in religion the way you do, and not at all related to the way they act towards others... Well, you certainly stand by your convictions. Perhaps you are right, and we are all going to hell, or perhaps, Your god will let you know that he's more interested in the spirit of the law and not the letter, if there is a god, I'm inclined to believe that he wants us to be moral, not tied to a book word for word that constant contradicts itself, and, by the way, has been translated so many times and for many centuries before the printing press that the original stories are probably not quite what was originally said.[/QUOTE]

The book never contradicts itself and is never wrong and it can be translated a million times but the holy spirit guides the words and never confuses them. GOD is perfect he does not know how to be wrong and with every translation he is there.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2908013]You are the fool. You represent all the damned because of your blindness to obvious scripture, and you attempt to twist (pervert) scripture to fit your liking. You know nothing about heaven and even less on how to get there. You're reading the same words I am, how can you be so remarkably confused?

So after all these words, understand this, the Lord is coming, America is finished. I run fast and light to get these words before this generation. Put away your idols, false gods and FILTHY manner of life. Get a bible, crack it, read the words and OBEY GOD!![/QUOTE]

NO do not go see left behind that is the most idiotic and false movie ever. Thier is no secret rapture when GOD comes thier will be trumpets blowing and every eye shall see him.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;2908929]NO do not go see left behind that is the most idiotic and false movie ever. Thier is no secret rapture when GOD comes thier will be trumpets blowing and every eye shall see him.[/QUOTE]

Well, I certainly like you style better than sackdance's. He's a raving, angry loon preaching phony fire and brimstone. Since none of us can really know what the future holds, I'll respect your right to believe whatever you choose. Doesn't move me one iota, but that's my privilege too. But if God does end up smacking my backside into hell, I'll give you wave before I do a clean head-first into the flames.... :)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2908941]But if God does end up smacking my backside into hell, I'll give you a wave before I do a clean head-first into the flames.... :)[/QUOTE]

Please do and just so you know, I'll be the one behind Him pumping my fist in the air all while trying to hold in my laugh.

:rotfl:

[QUOTE=sackdance99;2908963]Please do and just so you know, I'll be the one behind Him pumping my fist in the air all while trying to hold in my laugh.

:rotfl:[/QUOTE]

jesus christ you are creepy.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=sackdance99;2908963]Please do and just so you know, I'll be the one behind Him pumping my fist in the air all while trying to hold in my laugh.

:rotfl:[/QUOTE]

Ah, yes, like the good Christian that you are....:rolleyes:

But the fact that you do not see the irony of your comments is truly sad (for you). I can just see it now... Sackdance gloating over poor souls being thrown into the flaming pit and pumping his fist as two angels sweep up behind him and heave him headlong to join them. Better change your ways, SD. God doesn't like ugly. Or arrogance, or pride, or hostility, or judgmentalism. And he certainly isn't going to be happy with you contorting his message and driving people away from the "good news." You're stacking up some really bad karma for judgment day. :yes: