Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I was told to kill to my last breath: Captured terrorist's account of Mumbai massacre

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I was told to kill to my last breath: Captured terrorist's account of Mumbai massacre

[url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1090546/I-told-kill-breath-Captured-terrorists-account-Mumbai-massacre-reveals-plan-kill-5-000.html[/url]

I noticed no one has discussed this tragedy on here. Being from Northern Ireland, I have been accustom with terrorirism over the years, but these guys and the people who attacked us on 9/11 are different animal, when you are willing to kill yourself or be killed for "the cause" it's a different ballgame. It's scary, really..
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 11-29-2008 at 11:44 PM.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2886224][url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1090546/I-told-kill-breath-Captured-terrorists-account-Mumbai-massacre-reveals-plan-kill-5-000.html[/url]

I noticed no one has discussed this tragedy on here. Being from Northern Ireland, I have been accustom with terrorirism over the years, but these guys and the people who attacked us on 9/11 are different animal, when you are willing to kill yourself or be killed for "the cause" it's a different ballgame. It's scary, really..[/QUOTE]

it is a sad and scary thing. There are thousands of Muslims who are so angry or insane or defeated or bitter or something that I do not understand that they do not mind losing their own life if it means they will be able to take the life of non-muslim.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;2886250]it is a sad and scary thing. There are thousands of Muslims who are so angry or insane or defeated or bitter or something that I do not understand that they do not mind losing their own life if it means they will be able to take the life of non-muslim.[/QUOTE]

[url=http://www.prophetofdoom.net/chapter.aspx?g=401&i=41027]Here's[/url] the main reason

[QUOTE]"The Prophet said, 'Nobody who enters Paradise likes to go back to the world even if he got everything on the earth, except a Mujahid [Islamic fighter] who wishes to return so that he may be martyred ten times because of the dignity he receives.' Our Prophet told us about the message of Allah: 'Whoever among us is killed will go to Paradise.' Umar asked the Prophet, 'Is it not true that our men who are killed will go to Paradise and those of the Pagan's will go to Hell?' The Prophet said, 'Yes.'" Bukhari:V4B52N73 "Allah's Apostle said, 'Know that Paradise is under the shade of swords.'"[/QUOTE]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, you knew these guys were serious when they brought bags of almonds with them.

I liked the accounts of the police hiding behind barriers crying and people crawling up to them and saying "say old chap, if you dont intend to fire back, might one borrow that firearm and give it a go before we are all cut into ribbons?"

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;2886250]it is a sad and scary thing. There are thousands of Muslims who are so angry or insane or defeated or bitter or something that I do not understand that they do not mind losing their own life if it means they will be able to take the life of non-muslim.[/QUOTE]

FWIW, the terrorists hold telethons to raise money for the suicide bombers and then give the money to the bomber's family. That and the 70 virgins.......

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=asuusa;2886263][url=http://www.prophetofdoom.net/chapter.aspx?g=401&i=41027]Here's[/url] the main reason[/QUOTE]

What we have to do is get to the point where Muslims take such tenets of their faith as seriously as Catholics take the prohibition against pre-marital sex or the way most American Christians feel about "turning the other cheek".

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2888090]What we have to do is get to the point where Muslims take such tenets of their faith as seriously as Catholics take the prohibition against pre-marital sex or the way most American Christians feel about "turning the other cheek".[/QUOTE]

Except unlike murder, abstinence and turning the other cheek do not violate another person's right to live.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2888480]Except unlike murder, abstinence and turning the other cheek do not violate another person's right to live.[/QUOTE]

Old testament is pretty clear about what to do with folks who don't quite fit the mold..gays, Philistines etc. The old Catholic church is literally soaked with with the blood of those deemed heretics. Western Civ evolved past it -- the Islamic world, can/must as well. What we're looking at is a value system stuck in the 1500's being played out on the modern stage. But attacking the religion is the wrong way to go -- Muslims of all stripes will react with hostility if we do. What they need is to relive the 60's.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2888527]The old Catholic church is literally soaked with with the blood of those deemed heretics.[/QUOTE]
    Where is this bloody church? I want to see it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2888527]Western Civ evolved past it -- the Islamic world, can/must as well. What we're looking at is a value system stuck in the 1500's being played out on the modern stage. But attacking the religion is the wrong way to go -- Muslims of all stripes will react with hostility if we do. What they need is to relive the 60's.[/QUOTE]

So while they're killing folks, how do you propose we get them to become hypocrites?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=asuusa;2888734]So while they're killing folks, how do you propose we get them to become hypocrites?[/QUOTE]
    Guys like him have more interest in condemning Christianity than in comprehending the scope of Islamic terrorism.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2888773]Guys like him have more interest in condemning Christianity than in comprehending the scope of Islamic terrorism.[/QUOTE]

Guys like you more interested in re-fighting the Crusades than solving the problem.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=asuusa;2888734]So while they're killing folks, how do you propose we get them to become hypocrites?[/QUOTE]

No, just saying that it is high time that their young people begin to question the institutions that have failed them (church government schools) and work toward making this life better rather than falling for the after-life nonsense.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2888579]Where is this bloody church? I want to see it.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.christianityandhumanrights.com/_torture.html[/url]

[url]http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9906E1DE1E31F93BA25751C0A9669C8B63[/url]

[url]http://www.planetware.com/i/photo/st-peters-basilica-vatican-city-i749.jpg[/url]

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2888990]Guys like you more interested in re-fighting the Crusades than solving the problem.[/QUOTE]

From the original post: [I]"""but these guys and the people who attacked us on 9/11 are different animal, when you are willing to kill yourself or be killed for "the cause" it's a different ballgame"""[/I]

He references a different ballgame, where India is prepared to go to war with Pakistan over a heinous, calculated display of fanatical Islamic terrorism.

The Crusades are not the problem, not even remotely relevant. Terrorists gunning down hundreds of innocents in an international business hub, that is the problem. You seem to think that carpet bombing Islamabad with [I]Mean People Suck[/I] t-shirts might inspire hope and change.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fukushimajin;2889003][url]http://www.christianityandhumanrights.com/_torture.html[/url]

[url]http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?res=9906E1DE1E31F93BA25751C0A9669C8B63[/url]

[url]http://www.planetware.com/i/photo/st-peters-basilica-vatican-city-i749.jpg[/url][/QUOTE]

The cases you make against Popes from the Middle Ages are some of the bravest links I ever clicked. Sean Penn should star in a movie about you.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    All religion is a waste of time. There is a God but these fundamentalists in Islam and Christianity know very little about him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2889048]The cases you make against Popes from the Middle Ages are some of the bravest links I ever clicked. Sean Penn should star in a movie about you.[/QUOTE]

If you read back -- my argument is that instead of blaming the religion of Islam which is the subtext of this entire thread, we should look to foster an acceptance of the modern world in the community that is now generating the terrorism. I think its fairly safe to say that Christianity / Catholicism had their brushes with radicalism that resulted in ages of human suffering. I think it also safe to say that these same religions evolved and inspired Western Civilization's transition into the modern age. I attached links to show that Western religion was just as responsible for violence historically as Islam is today.
    My only point is that focusing excessively on the negative aspects of Islam is the surest way to continue or worsen the current state of affairs. Look what happens when PlumberK or others go after religion on this site -- it makes people pretty angry. I would even bet that such statements might instigate a fight if not said anonymously. Ultimately it is up to the Muslim societies to make pariahs out of their radical clerics as we have done with creationists and snake-handlers. Why not devote some time to thinking about how to resolve the Cashmir conflict instead of focusing on the most simplistic aspects of this problem?

I don't know if I accept the premise that suicidal terrorism is ultimately any worse than the garden variety kind. Was Black September any less horrifying than Mumbai? Are the dead from the London train bombing any less tragic than those from Spain?

BTW: posting sarcasm on a blog=manly bravery

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Killings like these are absolutely terrible, but the question is how do we stop them?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2889193]There is a God but these fundamentalists in Islam and Christianity know very little about him.[/QUOTE]

Not likely. Why doesn't God get off his lazy a** and stop these people from killing innocent people and children? I know why...because he may not exist.

But if he does...this whole world is a sick example of his so-called "love" of his creations. If one was to read the bible literally, you would see that God "lets" evil run rampant in the world just so he can prove an egotistical point to the Devil. What a small small insecure man he must be.

That being said...I lost all respect for "God" after what he did to Job. What a freaking douche....