Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I was told to kill to my last breath: Captured terrorist's account of Mumbai massacre

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2889295]Not likely. Why doesn't God get off his lazy a** and stop these people from killing innocent people and children? I know why...because he may not exist.

But if he does...this whole world is a sick example of his so-called "love" of his creations. If one was to read the bible literally, you would see that God "lets" evil run rampant in the world just so he can prove an egotistical point to the Devil. What a small small insecure man he must be.

That being said...I lost all respect for "God" after what he did to Job. What a freaking douche....[/QUOTE]

life sucks doesn't it?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2886224][url]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1090546/I-told-kill-breath-Captured-terrorists-account-Mumbai-massacre-reveals-plan-kill-5-000.html[/url]

I noticed no one has discussed this tragedy on here. Being from Northern Ireland, I have been accustom with terrorirism over the years, but these guys and the people who attacked us on 9/11 are different animal, when you are willing to kill yourself or be killed for "the cause" it's a different ballgame. It's scary, really..[/QUOTE]

It's amazing because of the proximity of India to Pakistan, and the history/animosity with Kashmir, etc. that things like this don't happen even more often than they do.

How would or should the U.S. react if, say, this were an attack on us by 50+ militants from Mexico? What do you think we would do? I mean, the border would be shut almost instanteously, but following that???
    Last edited by jetstream23; 12-01-2008 at 10:46 PM.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2889295]Not likely. Why doesn't God get off his lazy a** and stop these people from killing innocent people and children? I know why...because he may not exist.

But if he does...this whole world is a sick example of his so-called "love" of his creations. If one was to read the bible literally, you would see that God "lets" evil run rampant in the world just so he can prove an egotistical point to the Devil. What a small small insecure man he must be.

That being said...I lost all respect for "God" after what he did to Job. What a freaking douche....[/QUOTE]

I actually feel bad for you if you believe an ounce of what you just wrote.

[QUOTE=jetstream23;2889808]It's amazing because of the proximity of India to Pakistan, and the history/animosity with Kashmir, etc. that things like this don't happen even more often than they do.

How would or should the U.S. react if, say, this were an attack on us by 50+ militants from Mexico? What do you think we would do? I mean, the border would be shut almost instanteously, but following that???[/QUOTE]

The liberal wingnuts would claim they were local terrorists and call for the banning of all guns and that anyone wanting true justice (death penalty) for them must take "sensitivity training" and quit calling them "militants" or "terrorists" or "ragheads" so that they'll start liking us better and promise to NEVER do it again.

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2889295]If one was to read the bible literally, you would see that God "lets" evil run rampant in the world just so he can prove an egotistical point to the Devil. What a small small insecure man he must be.

You missed the whole point about Job...God's ego wasn't the issue, but Job's faith in Him. God bragged on Job and Satan said he only served God b/c "You've helped him become very, very rich." God said, "OK, take away all he has and we'll see, but don't lay a hand on him!" That didn't work....Job 2:3 is the key verse...God said to Satan, "[Job] still holds fast his integrity, although [b]you[/b] incited Me against him to ruin him without cause."

[quote=Tyler Durden;2886224][URL]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1090546/I-told-kill-breath-Captured-terrorists-account-Mumbai-massacre-reveals-plan-kill-5-000.html[/URL]

I noticed no one has discussed this tragedy on here. Being from Northern Ireland, I have been accustom with terrorirism over the years, but these guys and the people who attacked us on 9/11 are different animal, when you are willing to kill yourself or be killed for "the cause" it's a different ballgame. It's scary, really..[/quote]

My mother was telling me yesterday she has a friend who has worked in Mumbai for years for Office Depot. He spent a lot of time with the family of the Rabbi who was killed, and would have been there for Thanksgiving but had to go to China for work. Was coming home with gifts for the kids when he heard the news . . .

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=asuusa;2890299]You missed the whole point about Job...God's ego wasn't the issue, but Job's faith in Him. God bragged on Job and Satan said he only served God b/c "You've helped him become very, very rich." God said, "OK, take away all he has and we'll see, but don't lay a hand on him!" That didn't work....Job 2:3 is the key verse...God said to Satan, "[Job] still holds fast his integrity, although [b]you[/b] incited Me against him to ruin him without cause."[/QUOTE]

God bragged on Job??

That's evidence of an ego, bro.

Let's break this down. God told Satan about this great guy he had working for him. He was loyal, devoted and the best subject a God could ever dream of. Satan said "No, bro...he only likes you because of all the crap you gave him. Money, power, wealth and good health." God responded "Oh yeah? Well, I give you the green light to go ahead and f*ck with him. You can do anything you want...just don't kill him. You can kill his wife and kids though."

Why on earth would an all-powerful God feel it necessary to win an argument against the devil...one of his crooked wayward creations?

Because he is an egotistical maniac...and thus, not a god at all.

What concerns me most is India's potential blowback towards Pakistan, as that is the absolute last thing we need right now. Combine that with what the terrorist commission concluded in DC this week, and we could be headed for some damn scary times over the next 4-5 years. Globalized intelligence amongst our allies has to take precedence over mostly everything else for now in terms of foreign matters. Terrorist organizations look to be locked and loaded in a major way right now.

This type of attack could easily have taken place in the U.S. Although, I suspect if it happened in Texas, it would be over fairly quickly. A lot of people carry firearms here.

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2890737]This type of attack could easily have taken place in the U.S. Although, I suspect if it happened in Texas, it would be over fairly quickly. A lot of people carry firearms here.[/QUOTE]

I read that one of the problems in Mumbai was that armed police basically ran away from the shooters. I doubt that would happen here either -- but certainly a lot of damage could be done rather quickly.

[QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2890737]This type of attack could easily have taken place in the U.S. Although, I suspect if it happened in Texas, it would be over fairly quickly. A lot of people carry firearms here.[/QUOTE]

No chance this would have happened in the US imo. Our intelligence and defense capabilties would have caught an operation like this before they even got it underway.

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2890756]No chance this would have happened in the US imo. Our intelligence and defense capabilties would have caught an operation like this before they even got it underway.[/QUOTE]

I dunno -- seems to me that intelligence is great, but ultimately if enough people wanted to put together a plot like this they could. Our saving grace is that the US Muslim community has been more resistant to radicalism than those in other countries.

[QUOTE=fukushimajin;2890759]I dunno -- seems to me that intelligence is great, but ultimately if enough people wanted to put together a plot like this they could. Our saving grace is that the US Muslim community has been more resistant to radicalism than those in other countries.[/QUOTE]

There's a damn good reason why there hasn't been any attacks since 2001, and it has nothing to do with the resiliency of the American Muslim community.

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2890767]There's a damn good reason why there hasn't been any attacks since 2001, and it has nothing to do with the resiliency of the American Muslim community.[/QUOTE]

Don't keep me in suspense...

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2886224] Being from Northern Ireland,[/QUOTE]

Didn't know that - what county?

[QUOTE=quantum;2891026]Didn't know that - what county?[/QUOTE]

Antrim, I'm a Belfast man.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2891129]Antrim, I'm a Belfast man.[/QUOTE]

Steers and queers...lol, JK ;)

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2890756]No chance this would have happened in the US imo. Our intelligence and defense capabilties would have caught an operation like this before they even got it underway.[/QUOTE]

That may depend on how the new administration handles intelligence gathering! The left hates the CIA and the new AG, Holder, has been strongly critical of the CIA, so if Obama follows that line of thinking, I see a clear weakening of our intelligence and better than average chance of an attack on US soil in the next 4 yrs.

Have you seen what the last 8 years has done with the CIA? The current Administration thinks the military should run everything.

[QUOTE=asuusa;2892897]That may depend on how the new administration handles intelligence gathering! The left hates the CIA and the new AG, Holder, has been strongly critical of the CIA, so if Obama follows that line of thinking, I see a clear weakening of our intelligence and better than average chance of an attack on US soil in the next 4 yrs.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cr726;2892913]Have you seen what the last 8 years has done with the CIA? The current Administration thinks the military should run everything.[/QUOTE]

No attacks on our soil either so the CIA must be doing something