Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rebuild the Party!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like

Rebuild the Party!

There's a great grassroots campaign on the web right now called [URL="http://rebuildtheparty.com/"]Rebuild the Party[/URL]. It was started by a bunch of people who are smart enough to realize that the GOP is a shell of its former self, and is now left with two options: to completely tear down and restructure, or die. Here's a quote from the web site:

[QUOTE]The time is now to set in motion the changes needed to rebuild our party from the grassroots up, modernize the way we run campaigns, and attract different, energetic, and younger candidates at all levels.

We must be conservative in philosophy -- but bold in our approach. We don't need a slight tweak here or there. We need transformation. We can't keep fighting a 21st century war with 20th century weapons.
    [/QUOTE]

They are actually building up a lot of steam and have been mentioned by a few news outlets including CNN, NPR, and Politico.com.

[URL="http://rebuildtheparty.ning.com/"]Rebuildtheparty.ning.com[/URL] is an extension to site; it's a social networking page where you can sign up, show your support, and share ideas with other people (citizens and many lower-tier politicians) on how to revitalize the Republican party.

If anyone on here is interested in this sort of thing (and I know there are a few people), I encourage you to check it out. You don't have to join the social networking site, but it is kind of fun (I'm a member).

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    First Question to this group from me:

Do they support, or like in any form, Sarah Palin?

If their answer is yes, then I am not interested.

And I have a feeling it would be yes.....

Board Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    What happened to Libertarianism, Paulie? Don't abandon us so soon!!!

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2889598]First Question to this group from me:

Do they support, or like in any form, Sarah Palin?

If their answer is yes, then I am not interested.

And I have a feeling it would be yes.....[/QUOTE]

Here's one of the groups you can join within the networking site (of which I am a member):

[QUOTE]Reason Based Republicans - For those who glide through the political landscape armed, not with ideological social baggage , but with a thoughtful, reasoned policy outlook.

Are you tired of being forced to support religious based social agendas in order to support conservative fiscal and governmental policies?

Are you tired of explaining to everyone you meet that you are a republican "but more in a limited government, more freedom way, not the religious kind"?

Can you think critically about policies and their implications and keep and open mind without being drawn back into stupid ideological infighting?[/QUOTE]

There's a lot of different people on there with a lot of different ideas. There's no way the whole movement can be reduced to "liking Sarah Palin" or not.

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a group who love the "R" in parenthesis next to peoples names and could care less obout policy.

kinda like the love for a sports franchise.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get rid of the Rhinos! You cant have it both ways and expect to win!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2889579]It was started by a bunch of people who are smart enough to realize that the GOP is a shell of its former self...[/QUOTE]

Funny.

When I said that a few years ago here was the response:

[QUOTE=ComeBacktoNY]Typical libtard defeatocrat. Classic. Classic.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=flushingjet]You don't know anything about conservatism. You are an a**hat.[/QUOTE]

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2889674]Funny.

When I said that a few years ago here was the response:[/QUOTE]

Haven't seen these guys around recently, now that you mention it.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2889636]Here's one of the groups you can join within the networking site (of which I am a member):

There's a lot of different people on there with a lot of different ideas. There's no way the whole movement can be reduced to "liking Sarah Palin" or not.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough, and they (what you linked) does sound somewhat like me.

However, I do not believe my ideals will ever be prmoted correctly or legitimately within the flawed ideology and corruption of the greater Republican Party. So I will still be refraining from signing up.

And for me, it really is that simple: If you support Palin, I cannot support you or your party in any form.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2889579]There's a great grassroots campaign on the web right now called [URL="http://rebuildtheparty.com/"]Rebuild the Party[/URL]. It was started by a bunch of people who are smart enough to realize that the GOP is a shell of its former self, and is now left with two options: to completely tear down and restructure, or die. Here's a quote from the web site:

They are actually building up a lot of steam and have been mentioned by a few news outlets including CNN, NPR, and Politico.com.

[URL="http://rebuildtheparty.ning.com/"]Rebuildtheparty.ning.com[/URL] is an extension to site; it's a social networking page where you can sign up, show your support, and share ideas with other people (citizens and many lower-tier politicians) on how to revitalize the Republican party.

If anyone on here is interested in this sort of thing (and I know there are a few people), I encourage you to check it out. You don't have to join the social networking site, but it is kind of fun (I'm a member).[/QUOTE]just added it to my "favorite" list...thanks.now all i need is the jade monkey and everything is falling into place...excellent.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2889685]Fair enough, and they (what you linked) does sound somewhat like me.

However, I do not believe my ideals will ever be prmoted correctly or legitimately within the flawed ideology and corruption of the greater Republican Party. So I will still be refraining from signing up.

And for me, it really is that simple: If you support Palin, I cannot support you or your party in any form.[/QUOTE]

Sounds to me like the only party you will ever join is a party that makes you their king.

Or am I off my mark?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2889685]Fair enough, and they (what you linked) does sound somewhat like me.

And for me, it really is that simple: If you support Palin, I cannot support you or your party in any form.[/QUOTE]

I am wondering why you say that about Palin. Rather than wait for your reply, I'll tell you whta i Think and see if there is middle ground here:

1) I think Palin has done some very good things - most notably with the fuel companies in Alaska and as a tax cutter who returns money to the people. I know that is expected for any Repub/Conservative, but if yu look around, few do it. While she is a social conservative, I think there is enough there that it alone does not define her (unlike, say, Pat Buchanon.)

2) She has strong drawing power and public pizzazz. I think the pro-Obama press did a great job of making everyone aware that (according to them) her only claim to the seat was her Christian Conservative roots. Personally, I think I liked her economic ideas more than any of the others. In actuality, being a strong social conservative was her claim to the seat - for now; however, well you'll see later .....

3) She was clearly not ready for prime time. Her answers were often too much of the same thing on many, many issues. But, once the questions got to her turf and her experience, she was very strong. The problem is that the cuts that got played ad infinitum in the media where of those when she was not up to par. And let's be fair, too......... it is not like she was running with someone packing massive appeal and on whose coattails she could get some on the job training.

When I consider Palin, I think there is a lot of potential there. Here's a scenario you might consider. Let's say the embattled senator is forced to resgn. Palin could appoint herself to serve. I would like to see if, in 6 - 8 years, she grows as comfortable with national matters as she was with Alaskan. At that point in time, she might mature into an attractive consrvative woman with both experience and national know - how.

To me, she is like a high draft pick that got exposed to the bg leagues too soon. Is that something you might consider or have you already looked in to the Warfish Crystal Ball and figured that there just is not one thing there worth looking at.
    Last edited by JCnflies; 12-01-2008 at 04:25 PM.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;2889696]Sounds to me like the only party you will ever join is a party that makes you their king.

Or am I off my mark?[/QUOTE]

That's pretty funny ........... not true (I think) but pretty funny:)

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;2889696]Sounds to me like the only party you will ever join is a party that makes you their king.

Of course you are off the mark. Just because I refuse to be pigeonholed as an (R) or (D) does not make me impossible to please.

But frankly Buster you weren't really trying. We both know that. Your certainly isn't the only trolling I've encounted round here of late. Seems some folks aren't enjoying their big Obama win enough just for what it is, but feel they need to chase off anyone who disagrees with Messiah Obama on anything.

May have worked for others. Won't work on me.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JCnflies;2889721]I am wondering why you say that about Palin. Rather than wait for your reply, I'll tell you whta i Think and see if there is middle ground here:

1) I think Palin has done some very good things - most notably with the fuel companies in Alaska and as a tax cutter who returns money to the people. I know that is expected for any Repub/Conservative, but if yu look around, few do it. While she is a social conservative, I think there is enough there that it alone does not define her (unlike, say, Pat Buchanon.) [/QUOTE]

She raised taxes on the oil companies in Alaska. So in fact she raised taxes.
    Many would say Alaska is a welfare state, since every citizen get $ 3000 per year from the state govt.

Is that redistribution of wealth or is that a bribe?

There is enough what there?
    please eloborate

[QUOTE=JCnflies;2889721]
    2) She has strong drawing power and public pizzazz. I think the pro-Obama press did a great job of making everyone aware that (according to them) her only claim to the seat was her Christian Conservative roots. Personally, I think I liked her economic ideas more than any of the others. In actuality, being a strong social conservative was her claim to the seat - for now; however, well you'll see later .....
    [/QUOTE]

What were her economic ideas?

[QUOTE=JCnflies;2889721]
    3) She was clearly not ready for prime time. Her answers were often too much of the same thing on many, many issues. But, once the questions got to her turf and her experience, she was very strong. The problem is that the cuts that got played ad infinitum in the media where of those when she was not up to par. And let's be fair, too......... it is not like she was running with someone packing massive appeal and on whose coattails she could get some on the job training.
    [/QUOTE]

Either you are "up to par" or you are not. She was the Republican nominee for Vice President of the United States of America. She was running with a wounded war hero who was a US Senator for decades. Generally speaking that is the stuff US Presidents are made of.

[QUOTE=JCnflies;2889721]
    When I consider Palin, I think there is a lot of potential there. Here's a scenario you might consider. Let's say the embattled senator is forced to resgn. Palin could appoint herself to serve. I would like to see if, in 6 - 8 years, she grows as comfortable with national matters as she was with Alaskan. At that point in time, she might mature into an attractive consrvative woman with both experience and national know - how.

To me, she is like a high draft pick that got exposed to the bg leagues too soon. Is that something you might consider or have you already looked in to the Warfish Crystal Ball and figured that there just is not one thing there worth looking at.[/QUOTE]

Senator Stevens lost the election to Senator-elect Mark Begich and I doubt Murkowski will be forced out with her land sale debacle but one can always hope. If Governor Palin was to appoint herself Senator don't you think people might be a little disgusted by such a shameless grab for power?

She should wait and win the seat in a landslide.

She needs to start reading the national section of whatever newspaper (or the Washington Times) they have in Juneau. She also needs to discuss what is written in the national section of that newspaper with someone else who also reads that section. You know how most American keep up on the land they love

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2889770]Of course you are off the mark. Just because I refuse to be pigeonholed as an (R) or (D) does not make me impossible to please.

But frankly Buster you weren't really trying. We both know that. Your certainly isn't the only trolling I've encounted round here of late. Seems some folks aren't enjoying their big Obama win enough just for what it is, but feel they need to chase off anyone who disagrees with Messiah Obama on anything.

May have worked for others. Won't work on me.[/QUOTE]

I am sorry you feel I am a troll.
    I am not trying to chase you off.
    I am sorry if I come across that way.

Regarding your political stance. I think you are way too picky. I do not agree with every plank in the democratic platform but I agree with most of them so in general I vote Democratic. I am never ever going to get a government I agree with 100 % so I'll live with the highest percentage I can get.

To each his own

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Slap the Republican name on Libertarian platforms, add water, and watch it bloom.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Guido Monzino;2889838]Slap the Republican name on Libertarian platforms, add water, and watch it bloom.[/QUOTE]

+1776

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buster;2889814]She raised taxes on the oil companies in Alaska. So in fact she raised taxes.
    Many would say Alaska is a welfare state, since every citizen get $ 3000 per year from the state govt.

Is that redistribution of wealth or is that a bribe?

[/QUOTE]
    They ALL bribe you.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like

The Fisher King Party.