Thread: S. Marbury

S. Marbury

Why dont they cut this cancer loose?

As much of a jerk that he is, how did they not see this coming? They handled it awfully. He never should have been on the roster from Day 1.

Banned
    I have no problem at all with how Walsh and D'antoni have handled Marbury. F him. Let him rot on the bench. If they cut him they're basically rewarding Marbury by letting him make an additional couple mil this year (he'll still get his $ from the Knicks plus the veteran minimum from another team probably inside the eastern conference). Marbury will play hard for another team, one that's probably competing with the Knicks for the 8th seed, and get a chance to raise his value for when he becomes a free agent this summer. F that.

Obviously it hasn't been a distraction to the team because they're 8-8 right now and tied for the 8th seed. Marbury is right where he belongs.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    I have no problem at all with how Walsh and D'antoni have handled Marbury. F him. Let him rot on the bench. If they cut him they're basically rewarding Marbury by letting him make an additional couple mil this year (he'll still get his $ from the Knicks plus the veteran minimum from another team probably inside the eastern conference). Marbury will play hard for another team, one that's probably competing with the Knicks for the 8th seed, and get a chance to raise his value for when he becomes a free agent this summer. F that.

Obviously it hasn't been a distraction to the team because they're 8-8 right now and tied for the 8th seed. Marbury is right where he belongs.
    He's using up a roster spot thought. Plus, the FO has to spend time dealing with this, instead of on more productive things.

Why does it matter what happens to Marbury after he leaves the team? Who cares?

**** Stephon Marbury.

he embarrassed the franchise with his drunk/stoned interviews and "Escalade rides", and then he torpedoed last season when he quit on the team after just 5 games.

if he won't take less money in a buyout, then let him collect his check at home. he deserves to be treated like ****, and quite frankly, i don't think it's a distraction for D'Antoni and the players. Q-Rich said it best: I don't consider him my teammate. i don't think the Knicks give two ****s what happans with Marbury.

the funny thing is, he probably thinks he is "sticking it to the Man" by refusing to play, when he's only hurting himself even more in the long run.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound View Post
    He's using up a roster spot thought. Plus, the FO has to spend time dealing with this, instead of on more productive things.

Why does it matter what happens to Marbury after he leaves the team? Who cares?
    1. Nobody cares about the roster spot. Instead of Marbury not playing the Knicks would get a 12th man who won't be playing.

2. The FO is obviously capable of handling this. They got rid of Crawford and Z-Bo and signed Duhon so Marbury is obviously not affecting Walsh's performance.

3. Has it occured to you that maybe Marbury wants to be cut or bought out from the team? Why should the Knicks reward this loser who has done nothing but kill us for years with his ineptitude on and off court?

4. Shouldn't your name be Newark or Seattle-bound? Those are the two places the Nets will probably end up at in a couple years.

**** Marbury. I don't give a **** what happens to him, whether he rots on the bench in street clothes all season or gets bought out and becomes a cancer on some other team.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    1. Nobody cares about the roster spot. Instead of Marbury not playing the Knicks would get a 12th man who won't be playing.

2. The FO is obviously capable of handling this. They got rid of Crawford and Z-Bo and signed Duhon so Marbury is obviously not affecting Walsh's performance.

3. Has it occured to you that maybe Marbury wants to be cut or bought out from the team? Why should the Knicks reward this loser who has done nothing but kill us for years with his ineptitude on and off court?

4. Shouldn't your name be Newark or Seattle-bound? Those are the two places the Nets will probably end up at in a couple years.
    1. You said yourself you wanted Ewing to come off the bench. I think he could grow into a nice rotation player. Why not find out?

2. But still, why spend time on this garbage? We both know the end result in the long-term.

3. Yes, he does. But who cares? I see no point in spiting him.

4. Had this years ago. No, they probably aren't moving to Brooklyn.