Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: The Market at work??

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,171

    The Market at work??

    Sales of electric cars have fallen by more than half this year, according to figures released two days after the Government’s climate change advisory body predicted a huge increase.

    Only 156 electric cars were sold from January to October, compared with 374 for the same period last year.

    Nice Car Company, one of the two main British distributors of electric cars, went into administration yesterday. Set up in 2006, the company had been selling an all-electric version of the French-made Aixam Mega. It had also planned to bring a range of new models to market by the end of the year. However, sales dropped to fewer than one car a week.

    Richard Bremner, editor of www.cleangreencars.co.uk, which specialises in green motoring, said: “While volumes are still tiny, any drop in electric car sales will come as a shock. Buyers could be holding off for cars from mainstream manufacturers, although they may still have years to wait.”


    more

  2. #2
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    If we are in a recession the last thing you are buying is a new car, electric or not.

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    If we are in a recession the last thing you are buying is a new car, electric or not.
    this was in the UK

  4. #4
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    They are in the same boat, no? Money is tight around the world.

    Quote Originally Posted by asuusa View Post
    this was in the UK

  5. #5
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    They are in the same boat, no? Money is tight around the world.

    Really...I thought Europe was our role model? You know, free health care and sophisticated like our coming prez!

  6. #6
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    Yea it must suck to not have to pay in for healthcare.


    Quote Originally Posted by asuusa View Post
    Really...I thought Europe was our role model? You know, free health care and sophisticated like our coming prez!

  7. #7
    All Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    astoria
    Posts
    5,612
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Yea it must suck to not have to pay in for healthcare.
    who doesn't pay for healthcare?

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,027
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Yea it must suck to not have to pay in for healthcare.
    Sure they don't pay for "universal health care" in the form of taxes. Sure they don't.

  9. #9
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    I pay taxes and healthcare.

    Quote Originally Posted by zatchery View Post
    Sure they don't pay for "universal health care" in the form of taxes. Sure they don't.

  10. #10
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Posts
    20,936
    duh... Gas is half of what it was..

  11. #11
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    f'n Obama.

    Quote Originally Posted by CTM View Post
    duh... Gas is half of what it was..

  12. #12
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    1,027
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    I pay taxes and healthcare.
    I do not dispute that you do. I hope, however, that you find it preferable to choose your own health care (or none at all, if you so choose) over having to buy into mandated "universal health care." I'm also sure that you would love to keep more of the money that you've worked so hard to earn, so that you may spend it as you see fit (i.e. not at Uncle Sam's discretion).

    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    f'n Obama.
    Please, Obama has nothing to do with the drop in oil prices. He isn't even president yet.
    Last edited by zatchery; 12-05-2008 at 09:39 PM.

  13. #13
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    Yea it must suck to not have to pay in for healthcare.
    Yeah, the Healthcare fairy brings it. Come on.
    Last edited by BrooklynBound; 12-06-2008 at 07:15 AM.

  14. #14
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    It must suck that no one cares about healthcare until they get f@cked over by their carrier.

    Health insurance has become a joke. Hospitals and insurers are at war and the patient comes last!

    Price goes up and the quality goes down.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound View Post
    Yeah, the Healthcare fairy brings it. Come on.

  15. #15
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    It must suck that no one cares about healthcare until they get f@cked over by their carrier.

    Health insurance has become a joke. Hospitals and insurers are at war and the patient comes last!

    Price goes up and the quality goes down.
    Yeah, I wish we didn't have to pay for it like other countries.

  16. #16
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,814
    I recieved and email from Blue Cross stating my premiums went up 13.4 percent this year alone. No explanation, nothing. Great System.

    Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynBound View Post
    Yeah, I wish we didn't have to pay for it like other countries.

  17. #17
    Hall Of Fame
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    15,550
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    I recieved and email from Blue Cross stating my premiums went up 13.4 percent this year alone. No explanation, nothing. Great System.
    Preaching to the choir

  18. #18
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1,171
    Quote Originally Posted by cr726 View Post
    I recieved and email from Blue Cross stating my premiums went up 13.4 percent this year alone. No explanation, nothing. Great System.
    So paying 20-25% more in taxes to pay for healthcare is OK with you?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Us