Thread: OT: Wifey and I are preggers...

Hall Of Fame

OT: Wifey and I are preggers...

I know this isn't the right forum for this (neither is the main board imho but that's another story/thread!)... however I have the closest 'relationships' with you all on the poly sci board so I figured it was more appropriate here

my wife, Crissy, and I are 3 months preggers with our first, which will also be the first grandkid on both sides. Needless to say everything is very excited (and I'm also very nervous!). We weren't supposed to start trying until November, however our late summer jaunt to Italy/Croatia apparently threw off that timing (note to you all, don't take chances with ovulation schedules if you're not married/serious with someone!!!)

ideally the timing isn't perfect with the whole economy collapsing around us and all, but I've been wise enough to have been buying physical gold & silver since it was 3-400 an ounce (not silver) and I keep enough gas to get at least one of the Bimmers to Canada if the whole enchilada goes down (not looking so likely anymore, down to a < 5% chance from a near 20% chance imho... although massive inflation and the eventual disappearance of the dollar is still much more probably that 5% imho again)... plus we low-balled initially and re-financed our mortgage to low 5s on all our non-commercial real-estate so we feel pretty financially stable anyways (we'll be one income for the first 7-10 years depending on if we have another one or not)

so I just wanted to share the good news, and let all you know there will be one more whacko Jet fan whacko 'conspiracy' theorist amongst us starting next June. please give me any and all tips you may have!

Hey, Tan, that's great news! Congratulations man. Best of luck to your growing family

All Pro
    LEt it go, LET IT GO: The cold never bothered me anyway
    [QUOTE=Tanginius;2895786]I know this isn't the right forum for this (neither is the main board imho but that's another story/thread!)... however I have the closest 'relationships' with you all on the poly sci board so I figured it was more appropriate here

my wife, Crissy, and I are 3 months preggers with our first, which will also be the first grandkid on both sides. Needless to say everything is very excited (and I'm also very nervous!). We weren't supposed to start trying until November, however our late summer jaunt to Italy/Croatia apparently threw off that timing (note to you all, don't take chances with ovulation schedules if you're not married/serious with someone!!!)

ideally the timing isn't perfect with the whole economy collapsing around us and all, but I've been wise enough to have been buying physical gold & silver since it was 3-400 an ounce (not silver) and I keep enough gas to get at least one of the Bimmers to Canada if the whole enchilada goes down (not looking so likely anymore, down to a < 5% chance from a near 20% chance imho... although massive inflation and the eventual disappearance of the dollar is still much more probably that 5% imho again)... plus we low-balled initially and re-financed our mortgage to low 5s on all our non-commercial real-estate so we feel pretty financially stable anyways (we'll be one income for the first 7-10 years depending on if we have another one or not)

so I just wanted to share the good news, and let all you know there will be one more whacko Jet fan whacko 'conspiracy' theorist amongst us starting next June. please give me any and all tips you may have![/QUOTE]

Congrats!

ill be back to discuss this after I resolve the carpet where my 18 month old spit out his milk, followed by a bathing of both the kids, followed by the nightly ritual of ear shattering teeth brushing....Oh Tanginius....what have you done.;)

seriously though.....id like to chime in.....after all the above listed crap is done. (hint)

Oustanding news! Congratulations:) We are happy for all three of you.

All League
    Number one....The two of you are not "preggers"....She's pregnant, you're NOT....She will make you well aware of that during labor and delivery....Trust me on that one.

Number two....**** the economy....If you wait 'till everything is perfect, you'll never have kids....Just do it and everything usually has a way of working out fine....I have a pic of my little girl above my desk and it motivates me to kick ass every day.

Congrats and enjoy it....Being a Dad the most awesome thing in the world....The first time my daugther yelled "DADDY" and jumped into my arms was the second greatest day of my life (her birth was #1).

Rookie
    my only tip
    Rag + chloroform
    make it quick and painless

Congrats Tanny. :)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;2895807]Number one....The two of you are not "preggers"....She's pregnant, you're NOT....She will make you well aware of that during labor and delivery....Trust me on that one.

Number two....**** the economy....If you wait 'till everything is perfect, you'll never have kids....Just do it and everything usually has a way of working out fine....I have a pic of my little girl above my desk and it motivates me to kick ass every day.

Congrats and enjoy it....Being a Dad the most awesome thing in the world....The first time my daugther yelled "DADDY" and jumped into my arms was the second greatest day of my life (her birth was #1).[/QUOTE]

Look at that, Crazy...not only can me and you agree on something, we can agree on three things at once....Amazing! ;)

Tan...listen to Crazy, here...he just showed you a hat trick of good advice. The only thing I would add is don't call it "preggers"...

...and practice saying "yes dear". Those are the two most important words in a marriage with children.

Congrats. Fatherhood is honestly the best thing that can happen to anyone! It is an awesome thing.

All Pro
    Congratulations - my wife and i where using the ovulation schedule as birth control after our first daughter was born, 17 montsh later our second daughter was born - so much for that method.

And believe me screw the economy, i always say Thank God we had that schedule mix up and have our 2nd daughter because i am not sure we would be trying for #2 anytime soon due to the financial situations.

Here is some advice.. Our kids where the first 2 grand kids born for either side - they will be spoiled rotten by the grandparents, which is cute in teh begining. Any set of guidlines or routiens you have during the week will be undone after a short visit to ro from the grandparents

my oldest girl is 4 my youngest will be 3 in 6 weeks. They both where saying TD and giving the TD signal very young. They both now do the J-E-T-S chant. And they both wear a jersey or some sort of Jets apparel every Sunday.

It is great being a parent but also hard work - God Bless to you and the Mrs. I wish you guys a very healthy pregnancy and a healthy child!!

All League
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2895865]Look at that, Crazy...not only can me and you agree on something, we can agree on three things at once....Amazing! ;)

Tan...listen to Crazy, here...he just showed you a hat trick of good advice. The only thing I would add is don't call it "preggers"...

...and practice saying "yes dear". Those are the two most important words in a marriage with children.[/QUOTE]

Wow....Peace, Love and Harmony....Who'd a thunk it! :D

:maggie:

:jets_helm