Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did Obama pull a fast one on the Democrats?

[QUOTE=sackdance;2899834]Change!

[I](course) [/I][/QUOTE]

See?

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2900277]It's quite ironic that those who were quick to promote the ideal that he'd surround himself with different thinkers are now becoming frustrated with the results.[/QUOTE]

In regards to the above, it's also quite ironic that those who ripped the assertion that he'd stay left/Dem, are now ripping him for surrounding himself with centrist/right thinkers.

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2900283]In regards to the above, it's also quite ironic that those who ripped the assertion that he'd stay left/Dem, are now ripping him for surrounding himself with centrist/right thinkers.[/QUOTE]

I think the one thing bothering [B]everyone [/B]is that in the end, he's becoming just another typical politician harping on things people wanted to hear, with no intention of following through on them. He ran on this glorious platform of change, where he would shake up Washington, refuse public funding, disavow any ties with lobbyists, end the Bush tax cuts and end the war in Iraq. The ultra-libs are pissed that he backed out of these promises, and the ultra-cons are pissed that people voted for him based on his phony revolutionary ways.

Obviously, this shouldn't surprise anyone as he is a professional politician.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2900391]Obviously, this shouldn't surprise anyone as he is a professional politician.[/QUOTE]

It seems to have baffled the OP.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2900391]I think the one thing bothering [B]everyone [/B]is that in the end, he's becoming just another typical politician harping on things people wanted to hear, with no intention of following through on them. He ran on this glorious platform of change, where he would shake up Washington, refuse public funding, disavow any ties with lobbyists, end the Bush tax cuts and end the war in Iraq. The ultra-libs are pissed that he backed out of these promises, and the ultra-cons are pissed that people voted for him based on his phony revolutionary ways.

Obviously, this shouldn't surprise anyone as he is a professional politician.[/QUOTE]
    I see. And he's supposed to follow through on all of these promises when he hasn't even been sworn in yet?

In regards to the overall (I guess) hypothetical point, he didn't go in with the goal of surrounding himself with the opposition under the intention of having them come in and agree with everything he campaigned on. Only a fool would have believed otherwise.

In the meantime, it does seem as though he's trying to stay with his overall goals, however what's not to hard to figure out is that after hearing the voice of the opposition, he's now reconsidering the processes by which to get there (i.e. letting the Bush tax policies expire rather than simply ending them, of which I'm sure there's a reasonable financial explanation). I'm failing to see the problem.

What's also important to note is that Obama is well aware of the disastrous implications of a bad presidential transition from Bush to himself. Overturning everything immediately simply isn't going to happen and you of all people should know better.
    Last edited by RutgersJetFan; 12-08-2008 at 01:43 PM.

Banned
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2900283]In regards to the above, it's also quite ironic that those who ripped the assertion that he'd stay left/Dem, are now ripping him for surrounding himself with centrist/right thinkers.[/QUOTE]

I know, remember before the election the republicans were trying to make it sound like we'd become the Soviet Union if Obama got elected. Now in an effort to try to start a scandal or controversy about anything they're actually ripping Obama for being a centrist.

I'll take a centrist Obama over a right-wing Bush jr. or neocon McLame anyday of the week.

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2900416]I see. And he's supposed to follow through on all of these promises when he hasn't even been sworn in yet?

In regards to the overall (I guess) hypothetical point, he didn't go in with the goal of surrounding himself with the opposition under the intention of having them come in and agree with everything he campaigned on. Only a fool would have believed otherwise.

In the meantime, it does seem as though he's trying to stay with his overall goals, however what's not to hard to figure out is that after hearing the voice of the opposition, he's now reconsidering the processes by which to get there (i.e. letting the Bush tax policies expire rather than simply ending them, of which I'm sure there's a reasonable financial explanation). I'm failing to see the problem.

What's also important to note is that Obama is well aware of the disastrous implications of a bad presidential transition from Bush to himself. Overturning everything immediately simply isn't going to happen and you of all people should know better.[/QUOTE]

Uh, my point was that it's mostly the extremist, lesser rational people who are pissed at Obama. I agree on all counts, but you must realize that 80% of this country is a few points shy of being clinically retarded.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2900438]Uh, my point was that it's mostly the extremist, lesser rational people who are pissed at Obama. I agree on all counts, but you must realize that 80% of this country is a few points shy of being clinically retarded.[/QUOTE]

Ah, my apologies then. My last sentence was correct in that case. I swear, I think I'm going dyslexic.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2900085]He was obviously pandering to the far left base and the idiot hipsters who he was banking on for votes.

Anyone who truly believed that we would be out in less than a year can't be very smart.[/QUOTE]

Well, I guess our country is over half "idiot hipsters" then. And what does that make the angry, finger pointing right wingers like you? "Idiot premature curmudgeons?" Those damn hipsters, with their rock and roll and crazy liberal values, how dare they vote for that baby killer! :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=SDJETS;2900452]Well, I guess our country is over half "idiot hipsters" then. And what does that make the angry, finger pointing right wingers like you? "Idiot premature curmudgeons?" Those damn hipsters, with their rock and roll and crazy liberal values, how dare they vote for that baby killer! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Take it easy and clean the foam off your keyboard.

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2900443]Ah, my apologies then. My last sentence was correct in that case. I swear, I think I'm going dyslexic.[/QUOTE]

No problemo. I don't think I was clear enough in my original post... by "everyone", I meant the extremists on both sides of the political spectrum.