Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Marriage Proposal Goes Bad

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like

Marriage Proposal Goes Bad

The nutty randomness of life continues to confound me.

Woman swept to sea during proposal
    December 6, 2008

NESKOWIN, Ore. - A romantic marriage proposal on the Oregon coast turned deadly for the bride-to-be when a wave swept her out to sea.

Police don't suspect foul play in the disappearance last Saturday of Leafil Alforque, Tillamook County Sheriff Todd Anderson said. Fog and dangerous water conditions off Neskowin Beach hampered the rescue efforts, and the search was called off Monday.

Scott Napper had a ring in his pocket and planned to pop the question to Alforque, 22, at Proposal Rock, which got its name from couples ready to marry.

Napper said the tide had receded around the rock when the couple began to walk to it, but then a wave around 3 feet high suddenly came in.

"I turned into it to keep from getting pulled under it," Napper said. By the time he turned to find Alforque, who was only 4-foot-11, she had been caught by the receding waters.

"She was about 30 feet away, getting swept away," Napper said.

The Silverton man, 45, tore off his jacket to get rid of any extra weight, and when he looked up again she was gone.

"That's the last I saw of her," he said Wednesday, breaking into tears.

"I yelled for her," he said. "I was praying to God."

His phone was wet and no longer worked, but someone on the beach called for help and emergency personnel arrived within minutes.

Napper and Alforque had been dating since they met on the Net in 2005. Alforque arrived in Oregon on a visa from the Philippines just three days before the fateful trip to the coast.

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Copyright 2008 Globe Newspaper Company.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Murder.

[QUOTE=FF2;2895959]The nutty randomness of life continues to confound me.

December 6, 2008

NESKOWIN, Ore. - A romantic marriage proposal on the Oregon coast turned deadly for the bride-to-be when a wave swept her out to sea.

Police don't suspect foul play in the disappearance last Saturday of Leafil Alforque, Tillamook County Sheriff Todd Anderson said. Fog and dangerous water conditions off Neskowin Beach hampered the rescue efforts, and the search was called off Monday.

Scott Napper had a ring in his pocket and planned to pop the question to Alforque, 22, at Proposal Rock, which got its name from couples ready to marry.

Napper said the tide had receded around the rock when the couple began to walk to it, but then a wave around 3 feet high suddenly came in.

"I turned into it to keep from getting pulled under it," Napper said. By the time he turned to find Alforque, who was only 4-foot-11, she had been caught by the receding waters.

The Silverton man, 45, tore off his jacket to get rid of any extra weight, and when he looked up again she was gone.

His phone was wet and no longer worked, but someone on the beach called for help and emergency personnel arrived within minutes.

Napper and Alforque had been dating since they met on the Net in 2005. Alforque arrived in Oregon on a visa from the Philippines just three days before the fateful trip to the coast.

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Copyright 2008 Globe Newspaper Company.[/QUOTE]

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;2895959]

Police don't suspect foul play in the disappearance last Saturday of [B]Leafil[/B] Alforque

[/QUOTE]

With a name like that, she should have been swept away.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;2895959]

The nutty randomness of life continues to confound me.

[/QUOTE]

Hey dumbass, this is not a football thread.

Where is the OT: in the thread title?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2895963]Hey dumbass, this is not a football thread.

Where is the OT: in the thread title?[/QUOTE]

Hey Gramps, when someone sees that it was ME starting a thread, do you think they are thinking it contains some solid in-depth football analysis?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;2895967]Hey Gramps, when someone sees that it was ME starting a thread, do you think they are thinking it contains some solid in-depth football analysis?[/QUOTE]

Good point.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

December 6, 2008

Scott Napper had a ring in his pocket and planned to pop the question to Alforque, [B]22[/B], at Proposal Rock, which got its name from couples ready to marry.

The Silverton man, [B]45[/B], tore off his jacket to get rid of any extra weight, and when he looked up again she was gone.

Napper and Alforque had been dating since they [B]met on the Net in 2005[/B]. Alforque arrived in Oregon on a visa from the Philippines just three days before the fateful trip to the coast.

ASSOCIATED PRESS

So he was 42, she was 19 when they started dating!

Good for him, the youngest I dated was 24!!

But I digress.

Sad story.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    You have a 45 year old man proposing to a 22 year old 4'11 circus midget?

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=steve mcqueen;2895983]You have a 45 year old man proposing to a 22 year old 4'11 circus midget?[/QUOTE]

On a rock, next to the ocean. What could possibly go wrong?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

December 6, 2008

ASSOCIATED PRESS

That's awful. Now he'll need a new phone.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=The Crusher;2895988]That's awful. Now he'll need a new phone.[/QUOTE]

I only pray he got the insurance.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like

And on the other side of the world......

[SIZE="5"][B]Bride to be swims home in panic[/B][/SIZE]

Dec. 7, 2008

Manila, Philippines- A romantic marriage proposal on the Oregon coast turned into a desperate swim home for the bride-to-be when the groom turned out to be Patriot fan.

Scott Napper had a ring in his pocket, a 19-0 baseball cap upon his head and planned to pop the question to Leafil Alforque, 22, at Proposal Rock, which got its name from couples ready to marry.

Alforque panicked when she realized that Napper, 45, was 23 years older than her, bald, 79 lbs. overweight and a lifelong (2002) NE Patriot's fan. "He totally misrepresented himself as a 23 year old well adjusted, athletic scholar, and here I was, alone with Chip the pump attendant from Southey.
    When he reached to show me his "Brady Bunch team-leader" calf tattoo, I dashed into an incoming wave and never looked back."

Alforque spent five days in a westward current, kept afloat by the buoyancy of her wedding dress, and was picked up by a passing Fishing Trawler as she reached the Philippine Coast. " We handed out thousands of those hats last winter to the poor and indigent here in Manila, so when I saw Chip wearing one, all the alarms went off" said Alforque. "Craigslist is good for bikes, but I'm done as far as husbands"

ASSOCIATED PRESS

Copyright 2008 Globe Newspaper Company.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2895960]Murder.[/QUOTE]

+1

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;2896008][SIZE="5"][B]Bride to be swims home in panic[/B][/SIZE]

Dec. 7, 2008

Manila, Philippines- A romantic marriage proposal on the Oregon coast turned into a desperate swim home for the bride-to-be when the groom turned out to be Patriot fan.

Scott Napper had a ring in his pocket, a 19-0 baseball cap upon his head and planned to pop the question to Leafil Alforque, 22, at Proposal Rock, which got its name from couples ready to marry.

Alforque panicked when she realized that Napper, 45, was 23 years older than her, bald, 79 lbs. overweight and a lifelong (2002) NE Patriot's fan. "He totally misrepresented himself as a 23 year old well adjusted, athletic scholar, and here I was, alone with Chip the pump attendant from Southey.
    When he reached to show me his "Brady Bunch team-leader" calf tattoo, I dashed into an incoming wave and never looked back."

Alforque spent five days in a westward current, kept afloat by the buoyancy of her wedding dress, and was picked up by a passing Fishing Trawler as she reached the Philippine Coast. " We handed out thousands of those hats last winter to the poor and indigent here in Manila, so when I saw Chip wearing one, all the alarms went off" said Alforque. "Craigslist is good for bikes, but I'm done as far as husbands"

ASSOCIATED PRESS

I question the authenticity of that article.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    how the hell did THIS end up in the political forum??? :confused:

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;2896021]how the hell did THIS end up in the political forum??? :confused:[/QUOTE]

Well, thats the last time I bother researching important articles....

The Mods here have a tin ear, well some do. Move an OT quickly, and apparently they've accomplished something.

harumph.

Well, while I'm here......"Handwringing, hypocritical, celubutard worshiping, liberal pukes" get my goat. Ok. i'M OUTTA HERE

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=FF2;2895959]Scott Napper had a ring in his pocket and planned to pop the question to Alforque, 22, at [B]Proposal Rock, which got its name from couples ready to marry.[/B][/quote]thank you, author, for clarifying that. i've been going crazy trying to figure that one out.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I could go back in time I'd have proposed to my wife on a rock next to the ocean..

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Too funny. I'm still laughing.

Practice Squad
    Post Thanks / Like
    What kind of vag lets his beloved midget get swept away without jumping in after her?

Joking aside, if you're proposing and she goes in, it's got to be bad form to just stand there and wave. At least do a token plunge and then quickly jump out saying "Damn that water's cold!".