Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets WR unhappy with Favre (false story)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Jets WR unhappy with Favre (false story)

Jets WR unhappy with Favre

Not everyone on the Jets is enamored of having future Hall of Famer Brett Favre as his quarterback, it seems. Laveranues Coles, in fact, sounded almost bitter at the impact Favre's arrival in New York has had on him. Listen to snippets of his conference call with Bay Area reporters: "We're in a quarterback-driven offense where he pretty much has control of everything, where before the offense was pretty much driven through me. ... I just kind of become a role player instead of a guy that teams had to prepare for." There's more: "This is his offense. When we do throw the ball, there's really no level of importance, where at one point it used to be where I was the guy ... in position to get the ball most of the time." It gets better: "I catch balls from the Jugs machine. The ball probably comes out harder from there than it does from anywhere else." And, in signing off: "Of course he's the big name, he's the Hall of Famer, he's going to get the majority of the credit but most of the guys who deserve the credit don't really get it.

From SF Chronicle

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=rmeyer52;2896573]Jets WR unhappy with Favre

Not everyone on the Jets is enamored of having future Hall of Famer Brett Favre as his quarterback, it seems. Laveranues Coles, in fact, sounded almost bitter at the impact Favre's arrival in New York has had on him. Listen to snippets of his conference call with Bay Area reporters: "We're in a quarterback-driven offense where he pretty much has control of everything, where before the offense was pretty much driven through me. ... I just kind of become a role player instead of a guy that teams had to prepare for." There's more: "This is his offense. When we do throw the ball, there's really no level of importance, where at one point it used to be where I was the guy ... in position to get the ball most of the time." It gets better: "I catch balls from the Jugs machine. The ball probably comes out harder from there than it does from anywhere else." And, in signing off: "Of course he's the big name, he's the Hall of Famer, he's going to get the majority of the credit but most of the guys who deserve the credit don't really get it.

From SF Chronicle[/QUOTE] Coles you team player you. That's the spirit. Get open and you get the ball. It's that simple.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Not everyone on the Jets is enamored of having future Hall of Famer Brett Favre as his quarterback, it seems. Laveranues Coles, in fact, sounded almost bitter at the impact Favre's arrival in New York has had on him. Listen to snippets of his conference call with Bay Area reporters: "We're in a quarterback-driven offense where he pretty much has control of everything, where before the offense was pretty much driven through me. ... I just kind of become a role player instead of a guy that teams had to prepare for." There's more: "This is his offense. When we do throw the ball, there's really no level of importance, where at one point it used to be where I was the guy ... in position to get the ball most of the time." [B]"im not being put in a position to get as many concussions as in previous years, and thats unsettling to me. Chad always was concerned and tried to throw me as many wounded ducks as possible"[/B] "It gets better: "I catch balls from the Jugs machine. The ball probably comes out harder from there than it does from anywhere else." And, in signing off: "Of course he's the big name, he's the Hall of Famer, he's going to get the majority of the credit but most of the guys who deserve the credit don't really get it.

From SF Chronicle[/QUOTE]

Fixed.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

From SF Chronicle[/QUOTE]

Coles is an ass clown.

Sorry you are not the MAN anymore you gimp.

I guess 4-12 and being the man is better then where they are now.

Loser head case.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coles or Keyshawn..... hard to tell the difference.

Does he think we would be better with Penny????

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I bet this isn't true......

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coles is the only player on this team that SOMETIMES I feel does not play to his abilities. I have recently questioned his heart and that is not a good thing. Its a shame there are so many cry baby receivers in this game. I mean you got your T.O. and Randy Moss type of receivers that are the best in there position by far I can almost understand there fustrations when they dont get the ball they are game changers, Coles well he needs to shut his mouth and play this ****ing game. Wake up Coles you are a very good receiver but you are not above the team. Lastly I think Coles is fustrated that he cant get open with the coverage shifted to his side.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't seen the context these comments were made, but I'd being willing to bet that when taken in context, they're not a big deal at all. In fact, even out of context, they're not that big a deal.

So...Coles says it's Brett's offense. That's terrible?

So...Coles says he turns the jugs machine way up to practice catching Favre's passes. That's an insult?

Once again, LC is going to get skewered here (because, for some reason, people love to get pissed about what this guy says). But as usual, there's absolutely ZERO evidence that any of this is creating a problem with his team mates. In fact, it's just the opposite -- all the evidence points to Coles being extremely popular and respected by his team mates and getting along very well with Brett.

So...just chill out, all you haters.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=gaffneycatch;2896590]I haven't seen the context these comments were made, but I'd being willing to bet that when taken in context, they're not a big deal at all. In fact, even out of context, they're not that big a deal.

So...Coles says it's Brett's offense. That's terrible?

So...Coles says he turns the jugs machine way up to practice catching Favre's passes. That's an insult?

Once again, LC is going to get skewered here (because, for some reason, people love to get pissed about what this guy says). But as usual, there's absolutely ZERO evidence that any of this is creating a problem with his team mates. In fact, it's just the opposite -- all the evidence points to Coles being extremely popular and respected by his team mates and getting along very well with Brett.

So...just chill out, all you haters.[/QUOTE]

You don't read the "me, me, me" in those statements?

I was critical of Coles' behavior during training camp after Favre arrived and some on here defended him. If these comments are legitimate, how anyone could now defend him is incomprehensible. This is a TEAM sport Coles. You are ONE of 53. Grow up.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Well Chads main go to guy is hurt in Miami maybe Coles is campaigning for his Job..:yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Link?

Seriously, I find this hard to believe, Coles was just talking about how he didn't care about his diminishing role as long as the team was winning.

Bewildered Beast
    Post Thanks / Like
    FWIW, when SF played in NY in 2004, the Chronicle ran an article PRAISING new Niner [I]CURTIS CONWAY[/I].

I'm sorry, people...this should tell you all you need to know. BTW I wrote an email to the author of the Conway article; I told him that Conway played himself OFF the Jets by dropping nearly all of Testaverde's passes after Chad went down.

gay marriage is not the real problem in this town...:D:rolleyes:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IM3;2896597]Link?

Seriously, I find this hard to believe, Coles was just talking about how he didn't care about his diminishing role as long as the team was winning.[/QUOTE]

[url]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/12/06/SP0314IIHB.DTL&type=49ers[/url]

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [quote=Jman21;2896576]Coles you team player you. That's the spirit. Get open and you get the ball. It's that simple.[/quote]
    exactly

btw, he really looked like he wanted no part of the ball last week :confused:

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    this is exactlty why I have questioned coles' heart for some time. For years, its been if coles is mad or upset, he just doesnt care to try. Why would you say things like this when your team is in firstplace for the first time in over 5 years.
    Last edited by NYJETS3233; 12-07-2008 at 12:08 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AmericanMadman;2896578]Coles is an ass clown.

Sorry you are not the MAN anymore you gimp.

I guess 4-12 and being the man is better then where they are now.

Loser head case.[/QUOTE]

yeah coles is a real loser:zzz:

gotta love jet fans

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    As I think about this, perhaps it's a self motivational ploy on Coles part, doesn't he normally have monster games after popping off in the press?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    what a *****. All offensive plays start at theQB. No offense is wr driven. That's childish and unless he was baited in to those answers, he is an idiot.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=IM3;2896597]Coles was just talking about how he didn't care about his diminishing role as long as the team was winning.[/QUOTE]

exactly. context is everything.

and I'll say it again -- despite the fact that Coles comments consistently cause a huge ruckus on this board (i.e. people who don't really know anything about what's going on in the locker room), all, ALL evidence is that his actual team mates love this guy -- respect him, see him as a warrior and a leader and a team first guy.

this is just some sports writer taking comments out of context to make a story. just last week some sports writer wrote an article about how Coles is the anti-TO, saying that as long as the team wins he's OK with not getting the ball as much (where were all the threads about that?).The point is, depending on how they spin it, writers can make him seem however they want (and you guys buy it). But what's important is how the people who really know what kind of team mate LC is react. And there has NEVER been any suggestion from any of his team mates OR coaches that he's not a good team mate.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Coles is funny, he's a very good WR but not an elite one, at least not anymore. They still keep throwing the deep balls to him and he's still watching them getting picked off rather than outfighting defenders for it.