Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets WR unhappy with Favre (false story)

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Savage69;2896601][url]http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/12/06/SP0314IIHB.DTL&type=49ers[/url][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=IM3;2896597]Link?

Seriously, I find this hard to believe, Coles was just talking about how he didn't care about his diminishing role as long as the team was winning.[/QUOTE]

[B]"Of course he's the big name, he's the Hall of Famer, he's going to get the majority of the credit [U]but most of the guys who deserve the credit[/U] [U]don't really get it[/U]."[/B]

This quote says differently.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Here's a guy who is one loss away from wearing a robe, waving a bible and yelling about the "so-called white man, the blue-eyed devil" in times square.

All League
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;2896618]what a *****. All offensive plays start at theQB. No offense is wr driven. That's childish and unless he was baited in to those answers, he is an idiot.[/QUOTE]

I swear...this board is so predictable. There's a huge group on here that take the bait every time.

Remember all the **** about Coles and Mangini -- how Coles was undermining him, how Coles would be gone after Mangini's first year, how Coles was a cancer in the locker room.

Funny how it's forgotten that he was a team MVP, and captain, played hurt, and Mangini personally visited him during the off season to make sure he would stick around.

It's ridiculous.

Coles and his poor me attitude is pathetic.

I am not going to look too far into this because like others have pointed out, who knows how this article was spun....but still very disheartening to hear this at this time in the season.

I hate Coles, hes not good enough to be making comments like this about Favre, honestly I hope hes not on this team anymore, hes small and slow, see ya later, time for a big WR in NY, one that doesn't shoot himself in the leg, or in Coles's case after this article, his foot.

[QUOTE=gaffneycatch;2896590]I haven't seen the context these comments were made, but I'd being willing to bet that when taken in context, they're not a big deal at all. In fact, even out of context, they're not that big a deal.

So...Coles says it's Brett's offense. That's terrible?

So...Coles says he turns the jugs machine way up to practice catching Favre's passes. That's an insult?

Once again, LC is going to get skewered here (because, for some reason, people love to get pissed about what this guy says). But as usual, there's absolutely ZERO evidence that any of this is creating a problem with his team mates. In fact, it's just the opposite -- all the evidence points to Coles being extremely popular and respected by his team mates and getting along very well with Brett.

So...just chill out, all you haters.[/QUOTE]

exactly... & on top of it Coles would be right - he needs to get the ball more.

And that's the bottom line... we need him more involved.

and it can take a reminder -which i'm sure he's done- to see that a conscious effort is made -all in effort to improve the offense. because as a player you can get lost in the shuffle at times for no good reason.

And keep in mind Coles is constantly doubled.... he's certainly not just some chump..... - but then again - only moronic jet fans would make him out to be.

I don't want to see this piece of **** on the Jets next season. Good thing I never got his jersey.

All League
    [QUOTE=rmeyer52;2896573]Jets WR unhappy with Favre

Not everyone on the Jets is enamored of having future Hall of Famer Brett Favre as his quarterback, it seems. Laveranues Coles, in fact, sounded almost bitter at the impact Favre's arrival in New York has had on him. Listen to snippets of his conference call with Bay Area reporters: "We're in a quarterback-driven offense where he pretty much has control of everything, where before the offense was pretty much driven through me. ... I just kind of become a role player instead of a guy that teams had to prepare for." There's more: "This is his offense. When we do throw the ball, there's really no level of importance, where at one point it used to be where I was the guy ... in position to get the ball most of the time." It gets better: "I catch balls from the Jugs machine. The ball probably comes out harder from there than it does from anywhere else." And, in signing off: "Of course he's the big name, he's the Hall of Famer, he's going to get the majority of the credit but most of the guys who deserve the credit don't really get it.

From SF Chronicle[/QUOTE]

Coles is just another one who I am waiting for a pistol to slip through his sweat pants.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JOHNNY JOHNSON;2896645]exactly... & on top of it Coles would be right - he needs to get the ball more.

And that's the bottom line... we need him more involved.

and it can take a reminder -which i'm sure he's done- to see that a conscious effort is made -all in effort to improve the offense. because as a player you can get lost in the shuffle at times for no good reason.

And keep in mind Coles is constantly doubled.... he's certainly not just some chump..... - but then again - only moronic jet fans would make him out to be.[/QUOTE]

Dude, Coles is just about done.

He's in no way shape or form an elite receiver. Hell, he never was.

I always admired the guys toughness and willingness to go across the middle but he's never been a gamebreaker. He's not constantly double teamed. We're not talking about the likes of Owens or Moss over here. Cotch has surpassed him as our #1 receiver.

We've tried to keep Coles happy. Even guaranteeing the last two years of his contract. But I think he's gone after this year or at the very least will come back in an even further reduced role.

For Coles to challenge Favre's authority is just assinine. We're sitting atop the East for the first time in six years but Coles is going to b*tch up a storm because his butt buddy Chad isn't in green.

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=gaffneycatch;2896624]I swear...this board is so predictable. There's a huge group on here that take the bait every time.

Remember all the **** about Coles and Mangini -- how Coles was undermining him, how Coles would be gone after Mangini's first year, how Coles was a cancer in the locker room.

Funny how it's forgotten that he was a team MVP, and captain, played hurt, and Mangini personally visited him during the off season to make sure he would stick around.

It's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

I bet you also think Coles was never close to Chad as well..:rolleyes: Bottom line is Coles is getting older and he misses his Chaddy cakes..:yes:

All League
    I saw it in his demeanor after the Titans win during the interview with Post Game Live....He seems like a petulant little child who nobody will play with.

:bigcry::bigcry::bigcry:

He will end up in Miami.

Wow... I've always defended Coles. I am seriously shocked at these comments. I'd really like to believe that this is completely incorrect.

Coles makes some gritty catches and we'll probably see him make a few as the season winds down, he's taken some vicious hits and held onto the ball and I have to give him credit there. But I think a taller WR who can pull down the jump ball is really what the Jets need. Like Keyshawn was for us in 98, but of course, we can do w/o the attitude.

If Coles was making those statements as plainly matter of fact, then of course he's right and as a result of Favre being in charge the Jets are in position to make a playoff run. But if the statements were more of a lament, which they did come off like as presented by the paragraph I read, then the guy is pretty selfish.

[QUOTE=gaffneycatch;2896624]I swear...this board is so predictable. There's a huge group on here that take the bait every time.

It's ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Reporters and some fans fall for it every time, In my view Coles just likes to mess with reporters, he is a leader on the team and well respected and as you stated was a team MVP and captain......Oh and by the way even without Pennington he still has been our most productive receiver with 6 TDS on 3 less receptions than Cotchery who has 4 TDS....Another non-story....

All League
    [QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;2896681]I saw it in his demeanor after the Titans win during the interview with Post Game Live....He seems like a petulant little child who nobody will play with.

He will end up in Miami.[/QUOTE]

or maybe he can lease a jail cell with may of his other NFL buddies

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;2896681]I saw it in his demeanor after the Titans win during the interview with Post Game Live....He seems like a petulant little child who nobody will play with.

He will end up in Miami.[/QUOTE]

Someone needs to start a "Coles Body Language" thread. ;)

[SIZE="1"](The Favre "body language" thread was classic)[/SIZE]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;2896692]Reporters and some fans fall for it every time, In my view Coles just likes to mess with reporters, he is a leader on the team and well respected and as you stated was a team MVP and captain......Oh and by the way even without Pennington he still has been our most productive receiver with 6 TDS on 3 less receptions than Cotchery who has 4 TDS....Another non-story....[/QUOTE]

[B]"Of course he's the big name, he's the Hall of Famer, he's going to get the majority of the credit but most of the guys who deserve the credit don't really get it."[/B]

Yup. I fell for that one hook, line and sinker. :rolleyes:

Banned
    [QUOTE=Jordy;2896703][B]"Of course he's the big name, he's the Hall of Famer, he's going to get the majority of the credit but most of the guys who deserve the credit don't really get it."[/B]

Yup. I fell for that one hook, line and sinker. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Coles should have used one of these :rolleyes:, when he said that to reporters.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2896705]Coles should have used one of these :rolleyes:, when he said that to reporters.[/QUOTE]

You use that smilie too much old man, go back to :zzz::zzz::zzz:

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=JETS_for_life;2896707]You use that smilie too much old man, go back to :zzz::zzz::zzz:[/QUOTE]

There's one guy I wouldn't want to be around after he ate 3 hot dogs. Those old man farts are deadly.