Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jets WR unhappy with Favre (false story)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;2896701]Someone needs to start a "Coles Body Language" thread. ;)

[SIZE="1"](The Favre "body language" thread was classic)[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

Paging Copernicus..:yes:

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JETS_for_life;2896707]You use that smilie too much old man, go back to :zzz::zzz::zzz:[/QUOTE]

They aren't available anymore.

Guns used them all up.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;2896703][B]"Of course he's the big name, he's the Hall of Famer, he's going to get the majority of the credit but most of the guys who deserve the credit don't really get it."[/B]

Yup. I fell for that one hook, line and sinker. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

I guess you did.....:)

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;2896692]Reporters and some fans fall for it every time, In my view Coles just likes to mess with reporters, he is a leader on the team and well respected and as you stated was a team MVP and captain......Oh and by the way even without Pennington he still has been our most productive receiver with 6 TDS on 3 less receptions than Cotchery who has 4 TDS....Another non-story....[/QUOTE]

Messing with reporters is fine but not when it demeans a teammate..Of course those who loved KJ had no problem with the way he felt about Wayne..:cool:

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;2896714]I guess you did.....:)[/QUOTE]

It won't be long before Coles is talking about "sloppy seconds" just to throw us off the track. He's such a prankster.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;2896716]Messing with reporters is fine but not when it demeans a teammate..Of course those who loved KJ had no problem with the way he felt about Wayne..:cool:[/QUOTE]

I heard Coles say that Curtis Martin was just a compiler.....:D

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    Based on the headlines used for the stories with Coles' quotes, no wonder he wouldn't talk to the media at the beginning of the season. He's just praising the other guys in the locker room.

Is it really a shot at Favre by saying the Jugs machine throws passes just as hard or harder than Favre? He's just saying it's not a major adjustment for the WR's. He's not comparing Favre to any of his previous QB's or criticizing Favre's throws.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;2896717]It won't be long before Coles is talking about "sloppy seconds" just to throw us off the track. He's such a prankster.[/QUOTE]

:D.....Hey you know i still wanted Avery on the Rangers just not at 4 mil a year.....I thought he was a key ingredient but it looks like they are doing just fine so far......

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;2896719]I heard Coles say that Curtis Martin was just a compiler.....:D[/QUOTE]

Even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then...:P

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JOHNNY JOHNSON;2896616]yeah coles is a real loser:zzz:

gotta love jet fans[/QUOTE]

:zzz::zzz::zzz:

It's more estrogen laden posters such as myself that make up this stuff about Coles. Coles is always the innocent one in your eyes.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Beerfish;2896620]Coles is funny, he's a very good WR but not an elite one, at least not anymore. They still keep throwing the deep balls to him and he's still watching them getting picked off rather than outfighting defenders for it.[/QUOTE]

yea, the 14 interceptions are all coles fault

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    He is all about Laverneus. He hasn't got enough left to moan like this.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;2896701]Someone needs to start a "Coles Body Language" thread. ;)

[SIZE="1"](The Favre "body language" thread was classic)[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

It wasn't his body language....It's what he said and HOW he said it....I'm paraphrasing, but when asked about his Favre going to him more during the game he said something to the effect of "well, I guess I must be doing something right"....It just seemed like he was being a little *****y.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RazorJet;2896618]what a *****. All offensive plays start at theQB. No offense is wr driven. That's childish and unless he was baited in to those answers, he is an idiot.[/QUOTE]

There are some offenses that are wr driven. New England this season is the best example. The 49ers when TO was there. But yes, our offense starts at the QB with Favre.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;2896744]It wasn't his body language....It's what he said and HOW he said it....I'm paraphrasing, but when asked about his Favre going to him more during the game he said something to the effect of "well, I guess I must be doing something right"....It just seemed like he was being a little *****y.[/QUOTE]

I agree. I was speaking figuratively.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Savage69;2896596]Well Chads main go to guy is hurt in Miami maybe Coles is campaigning for his Job..:yes:[/QUOTE]

I'd trade Coles for Camarillo straight up today.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Look, in all honesty, for Coles, this isn't even that bad of a statement. He's said things that have been taken in a much worse way and if it isn't clear by now that usually what he says doesn't reflect what his intentions are on the field, I don't know when it will be.

Such is life with LC, I still love the guy as a player and always will. There isn't a player on this team whose hands I'd want the ball in more when the game is on the line.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=WestCoastOffensive;2896600]FWIW, when SF played in NY in 2004, the Chronicle ran an article PRAISING new Niner [I]CURTIS CONWAY[/I].

I'm sorry, people...this should tell you all you need to know. BTW I wrote an email to the author of the Conway article; I told him that Conway played himself OFF the Jets by dropping nearly all of Testaverde's passes after Chad went down.

gay marriage is not the real problem in this town...:D:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

:yes::yes:

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Raise your had if you knew the WR was Coles when u read the title.
    :byebye:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2896761]Look, in all honesty, for Coles, this isn't even that bad of a statement. He's said things that have been taken in a much worse way and if it isn't clear by now that usually what he says doesn't reflect what his intentions are on the field, I don't know when it will be.

Such is life with LC, I still love the guy as a player and always will. There isn't a player on this team whose hands I'd want the ball in more when the game is on the line.[/QUOTE]

If TO or Randy Moss said the same thing people here would say what a A$$,but because Coles is a Jet he gets away with it?? Coles seemed to me played harder when Chaddy was the QB..:yes: