Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romeo Crennel Rumors (merged)

Practice Squad

Romeo Crennel Rumors (merged)

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2008/12/06/2008-12-06_if_jets_defense_struggles_against_49ers_.html[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    Crennel, Ryan, who cares.

Just kick Sutton's ass out the door.

Practice Squad
    +1 Just hope Sutton does not cost us during the playoff's

[QUOTE=Untouchable;2896700]Crennel, Ryan, who cares.

Just kick Sutton's ass out the door.[/QUOTE]

I would prefer Crennel purely for experience in winning a program. When Ryan was in NE he was just the LB'ers coach and he was there, what 2-3 years. Then he went Oakland to a DC and that team is just doodoo.

It just doesnt make me feel as comfortable as it would with Crennel who has 3 SB's as a DC and many others with the Parcells regime's. And it would be a great smack in the face of BB's for his old DC to come to NY and join Mangini.

Banned
    [QUOTE=JiF;2896718]
    It just doesnt make me feel as comfortable as it would with Crennel who has 3 SB's as a DC and many others with the Parcells regime's. And it would be a great smack in the face of BB's for his old DC to come to NY and join Mangini.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree... with this much talent on the team, I'd much rather see experienced, top tier COORDINATORS on the sideline with Mangini.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;2896700]Crennel, Ryan, who cares.

Just kick Sutton's ass out the door.[/QUOTE]

+1 I want him gone!

Which has a better record when playing against Belichick? thats who gets my vote :)

All League
    why would Crennel come to work for Mangini, when Belichick would probably welcome him back with open arms also?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Crennel's not coming. Cimini just made that story from threads he read here.

[QUOTE=Buzzsaw;2896852]Crennel's not coming. Cimini just made that story from threads he read here.[/QUOTE]

LOL

:clapper:

All League
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;2896852]Crennel's not coming. Cimini just made that story from threads he read here.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I wouldn't doubt that !

Romeo Crennel for DC!

Hes going to be fired that is a fact! They will part ways and he will be available..... Hopefully we fire Bob Sutton and make a big move to get Crennel. He knows the defensive system Mangini is trying to run and has experience being a DC on a great defense and winning SB. So here it is.... PLEASE LET US HAVE ROMEO CRENNEL AS DC NEXT YEAR!!!!!

Anyone else feel the same?? I really don't want Rob Ryan much, his defense stinks.

All League
    Nothing will change until Eric is gone.

I would love to see Romeo, but I doubt it will happen. I would love to see Wade Phillips be our D-Coordinator. He runs the 3-4 very well, and will get fired when Dallas fails to make the playoffs.

[QUOTE=NYJets 4 Life;2901126]Nothing will change until Eric is gone.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.....and take Shotty too.

I don't believe that. I still like Mangini, hes young and has a lot to learn. So bringing in experience coordinators will suit him best. If he fails with a new DC I will say lets move on. But I haven't given up yet.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;2901124]Hes going to be fired that is a fact! They will part ways and he will be available..... Hopefully we fire Bob Sutton and make a big move to get Crennel. He knows the defensive system Mangini is trying to run and has experience being a DC on a great defense and winning SB. So here it is.... PLEASE LET US HAVE ROMEO CRENNEL AS DC NEXT YEAR!!!!!

Anyone else feel the same?? I really don't want Rob Ryan much, his defense stinks.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Crennel is my pick. Sutton's a definite goner. Ryan is way overrated in my book.

Question is, when do you make the change?

[QUOTE=Jordy;2901141]I agree. Crennel is my pick. Sutton's a definite goner. Ryan is way overrated in my book.

Question is, when do you make the change?[/QUOTE]

When do we make the change at DC???? As soon as the season ends and Crennel is fired and available.

All Pro
    The good thing is that it seems like we have some choices out there, Ryan, Crennel and Phillips...anything's better than Sutton.

I think Crennel is the best choice, but Im not sure he would come here since Mangini and Belichick are on such bad terms, plus Mangini has no job security. I would think he would rather sit on the sidelines and either get a shot to coach the Jets or be a DC somewhere with a more stable situation.