Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romeo Crennel Rumors (merged)

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

Romeo Crennel Rumors (merged)

[url]http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2008/12/06/2008-12-06_if_jets_defense_struggles_against_49ers_.html[/url]

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    Crennel, Ryan, who cares.

Just kick Sutton's ass out the door.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    +1 Just hope Sutton does not cost us during the playoff's

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;2896700]Crennel, Ryan, who cares.

Just kick Sutton's ass out the door.[/QUOTE]

I would prefer Crennel purely for experience in winning a program. When Ryan was in NE he was just the LB'ers coach and he was there, what 2-3 years. Then he went Oakland to a DC and that team is just doodoo.

It just doesnt make me feel as comfortable as it would with Crennel who has 3 SB's as a DC and many others with the Parcells regime's. And it would be a great smack in the face of BB's for his old DC to come to NY and join Mangini.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JiF;2896718]
    It just doesnt make me feel as comfortable as it would with Crennel who has 3 SB's as a DC and many others with the Parcells regime's. And it would be a great smack in the face of BB's for his old DC to come to NY and join Mangini.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree... with this much talent on the team, I'd much rather see experienced, top tier COORDINATORS on the sideline with Mangini.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Untouchable;2896700]Crennel, Ryan, who cares.

Just kick Sutton's ass out the door.[/QUOTE]

+1 I want him gone!

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    Which has a better record when playing against Belichick? thats who gets my vote :)

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    why would Crennel come to work for Mangini, when Belichick would probably welcome him back with open arms also?

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    Crennel's not coming. Cimini just made that story from threads he read here.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;2896852]Crennel's not coming. Cimini just made that story from threads he read here.[/QUOTE]

LOL

:clapper:

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;2896852]Crennel's not coming. Cimini just made that story from threads he read here.[/QUOTE]

LOL, I wouldn't doubt that !

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

Romeo Crennel for DC!

Hes going to be fired that is a fact! They will part ways and he will be available..... Hopefully we fire Bob Sutton and make a big move to get Crennel. He knows the defensive system Mangini is trying to run and has experience being a DC on a great defense and winning SB. So here it is.... PLEASE LET US HAVE ROMEO CRENNEL AS DC NEXT YEAR!!!!!

Anyone else feel the same?? I really don't want Rob Ryan much, his defense stinks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nothing will change until Eric is gone.

Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would love to see Romeo, but I doubt it will happen. I would love to see Wade Phillips be our D-Coordinator. He runs the 3-4 very well, and will get fired when Dallas fails to make the playoffs.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJets 4 Life;2901126]Nothing will change until Eric is gone.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree.....and take Shotty too.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I don't believe that. I still like Mangini, hes young and has a lot to learn. So bringing in experience coordinators will suit him best. If he fails with a new DC I will say lets move on. But I haven't given up yet.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;2901124]Hes going to be fired that is a fact! They will part ways and he will be available..... Hopefully we fire Bob Sutton and make a big move to get Crennel. He knows the defensive system Mangini is trying to run and has experience being a DC on a great defense and winning SB. So here it is.... PLEASE LET US HAVE ROMEO CRENNEL AS DC NEXT YEAR!!!!!

Anyone else feel the same?? I really don't want Rob Ryan much, his defense stinks.[/QUOTE]

I agree. Crennel is my pick. Sutton's a definite goner. Ryan is way overrated in my book.

Question is, when do you make the change?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jordy;2901141]I agree. Crennel is my pick. Sutton's a definite goner. Ryan is way overrated in my book.

Question is, when do you make the change?[/QUOTE]

When do we make the change at DC???? As soon as the season ends and Crennel is fired and available.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    The good thing is that it seems like we have some choices out there, Ryan, Crennel and Phillips...anything's better than Sutton.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think Crennel is the best choice, but Im not sure he would come here since Mangini and Belichick are on such bad terms, plus Mangini has no job security. I would think he would rather sit on the sidelines and either get a shot to coach the Jets or be a DC somewhere with a more stable situation.