Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Romeo Crennel Rumors (merged)

Yeah, it's very likely that Crennel will go back to DC'ing. *facepalm*

[QUOTE=DaBallhawk;2901164]Yeah, it's very likely that Crennel will go back to DC'ing. *facepalm*[/QUOTE]

Eh, I dont think too many teams are going to be knocking down his door for HC's positions. He pretty much stunk it up in Cleveland besides last season which they failed to make the playoffs.

bandwagon
    RC would sign on as DC of the NYJ before DC in NE.

[QUOTE=DaBallhawk;2901164]Yeah, it's very likely that Crennel will go back to DC'ing. *facepalm*[/QUOTE]

He isn't going to be a HC again after the way he coached in Cleveland... Why act like its such a surprise?? Mike Martz was a HC and went back to OC, Norv Turner was a HC that went back to OC then back to HC.... Crennel most likely if he wants to stay with football will go somewhere to be a DC then maybe see if another opportunity opens up.
    And for people saying why would he want to work under Mangini, its simple... Hes friends with Mangini, and he will be making millions to do something hes very good at and thats being a DC. He knows the system, hes coached the system. He has more experience coaching the system.... Maybe after all the frustration of being a HC in Cleveland he will want a break and go back to just being a coordinator where there is less pressure.

[QUOTE=Untouchable;2896700]Crennel, Ryan, who cares.

Just kick Sutton's ass out the door.[/QUOTE]

:yes::yes::yes:

[QUOTE=k.Rhodes25;2901254]He isn't going to be a HC again after the way he coached in Cleveland... Why act like its such a surprise?? Mike Martz was a HC and went back to OC, Norv Turner was a HC that went back to OC then back to HC.... Crennel most likely if he wants to stay with football will go somewhere to be a DC then maybe see if another opportunity opens up.
    And for people saying why would he want to work under Mangini, its simple... Hes friends with Mangini, and he will be making millions to do something hes very good at and thats being a DC. He knows the system, hes coached the system. He has more experience coaching the system.... Maybe after all the frustration of being a HC in Cleveland he will want a break and go back to just being a coordinator where there is less pressure.[/QUOTE]

Dude he did a good job. The Browns were terrible before he took over, they are now a playoff contender. This season they sucked because the front office wasted all their money on this piece of **** QB instead of letting Quinn start. Plus Edwards is terrible as well. That has nothing to do with Crennel, he will easily get another HC job. If not he will probably sit out a year like Billick, Cowher and all those guys but he's not gonna go back to DC'ing and basically ruin his career.

[QUOTE=DaBallhawk;2901267]Dude he did a good job. The Browns were terrible before he took over, they are now a playoff contender. This season they sucked because the front office wasted all their money on this piece of **** QB instead of letting Quinn start. Plus Edwards is terrible as well. That has nothing to do with Crennel, he will easily get another HC job. If not he will probably sit out a year like Billick, Cowher and all those guys but he's not gonna go back to DC'ing and basically ruin his career.[/QUOTE]

It won't ruin his career........ How many times has it happened before? A HC does a average to poor job with a team, then he goes back to being a DC or OC then he gets his groove back as that DC or OC and returns to HC again one day when someone needs him... Why sit out a year if you love the sport? Only reason Cowher sat a year out was because he wanted to spend time with his family..... It wasn't for anything else.. It wouldn't ruin his career to become a DC again.... If anything it could help it if he does a good job.

Ideal situation:

Romeo Crennel becomes DC.
    Rob Ryan as Asst HC/Linebackers
    and
    Chris Palmer as Offensive Coordinator (did great job with Romo and Eli, has OC and HC experience, also a Parcells guy)

Mangini may not be able to trust Crennel. Yes, they are friends, but does he have ultimate allegiance to The Demigod, or will he be able to maintain loyalty to his former underling, Mangini?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Darth Vader;2901285]Mangini may not be able to trust Crennel. Yes, they are friends, but does he have ultimate allegiance to The Demigod, or will he be able to maintain loyalty to his former underling, Mangini?[/QUOTE]

You can't honestly be suggesting that Crennel would take a position with the Jets only to spy on them for Belichick, can you?

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

If he had ultimate allegiance to BB, he'd sign with them. If he had a problem working with Mangini, he wouldn't sign with us. End of story.

[QUOTE=Austin;2901311]You can't honestly be suggesting that Crennel would take a position with the Jets only to spy on them for Belichick, can you?

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

If he had ultimate allegiance to BB, he'd sign with them. If he had a problem working with Mangini, he wouldn't sign with us. End of story.[/QUOTE]

No. I'm saying that he may not take the job because of his loyalty and respect for BB. And Mangini may not want anything interfering with his orders. That's why he kept Sutton around.

The fight between Mangini and BB is not RCs fight. He hasn't taken sides. Yet.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=kukirojas;2896706]+1 Just hope Sutton does not cost us during the playoff's[/QUOTE]

[B][I]Playoffs[/I][/B]...you wa' talk about [B][I]playoffs[/I][/B]...you kidding me [B][I]playoffs[/I][/B]....I'm just hoping we can win a game....

All Pro

Of course that's what he's going to go back to do.

Nobody is going to hire this guy to be their new head coach. I mean, really, what a way to make waves!

Did you hear? We just hired that guy who failed in Cleveland! Our franchise is saved!

He's gone 6-10, 4-14, 10-6, and 4-9. Never made the playoffs. Only good season the offense carried the team. Only way he gets another head coaching gig is if he has another great DC run...