Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How does one dress to stay warm for a game?

How does one dress to stay warm for a game?

Where we live it's 71 degrees today, a little chilly for us so I'm wearing jeans for the first time this year; however, heading up for the Miami game and not quite sure how to dress for a game. I'd appreciate any advice ya'll can share with a Jets fan from Texas.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

[QUOTE=SAGirl;2896871]Where we live it's 71 degrees today, a little chilly for us so I'm wearing jeans for the first time this year; however, heading up for the Miami game and not quite sure how to dress for a game. I'd appreciate any advice ya'll can share with a Jets fan from Texas.[/QUOTE]

Layers! ;)

leggings..thick pair of socks..sweatpants...thermal/turtle neck, sweatshirt, and then a jacket over top. scarf, hat, gloves ..everything..im not joking..lol
    and dont forget......

HAND AND TOE WARMERS!!! you will need them

Hall Of Fame
    Charter JI Member

East Coast of the United States - subject to change on short notice
    [QUOTE=SAGirl;2896871]Where we live it's 71 degrees today, a little chilly for us so I'm wearing jeans for the first time this year; however, heading up for the Miami game and not quite sure how to dress for a game. I'd appreciate any advice ya'll can share with a Jets fan from Texas.[/QUOTE]

Invest in Thermal underwear and a good raincoat.

Nothing better to break the cold wind than a good raincoat believe it or not.

:DSorry not meaning to laugh but I'm one of those wo is seen at Lambeau in a t-shirt in December. Watching CFL games outside up here will train your body pretty good

All League
    [QUOTE=TJ;2896884]Layers! ;)[/QUOTE]

Amen to that!

Was at the MO-OK game last night...22 degrees without the wind chill!

Had on about 7 layers, had no problem.

I have a theory...if you keep your hands, feet and ears warm, you'll be OK!

BTW, those hand and feet air-activated 'warmers' (called Hot Hands among others) work great...throw them in your gloves and shoes and it really helps!

I'm not sure if our blood is thick enough for the weather!

Props to ya'll for everything you do to support the Jets but I am a little concerned about "jetfavre" - a t-shirt in December? He must have antifreeze for blood.

Thanks for all your recommendations, they will definately come in handy.

All League
    Keep your feet warm, first and foremost. Regular socks plus wool socks and some insulated boots. If your feet are cold, the rest of your body will be cold, regardless!

sit next to me.. lol

blackberry brandy and hands in my lap

All League
    [quote=TJ;2896884]Layers! ;)[/quote]

+1

Several thinner layers will be more effective than one thick layer. If you get too warm, you can always start peeling off layers.

Go to a Peter Glenn ski store (2 in Miami, Ft Laud, Delray, etc) and buy foot and hand warmers...little patches you place on your socks or in your gloves that keep you very warm. I never ski without them and my feet stay very warm.

[IMG]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1429/753705464_ddbb3a8df0.jpg?v=0[/IMG]

Works for me....

get a pair of bib ski pants and put layers underneath [QUOTE=SAGirl;2896871]Where we live it's 71 degrees today, a little chilly for us so I'm wearing jeans for the first time this year; however, heading up for the Miami game and not quite sure how to dress for a game. I'd appreciate any advice ya'll can share with a Jets fan from Texas.[/QUOTE]

Banned
    Shorts and a t-shirt! Turn the heat up to 70 and sit down in front of the tv!

It's all about the layers. Double up on t-shirts & long sleeved t-shirts, a sweatshirt, then a coat. Keep the ears and feet warm. Always wear 2 layers of socks, especially since your feet will be sitting on top of that cold concrete surface.

All League
    [QUOTE=yanks15;2900158]blackberry brandy and hands in my lap[/QUOTE]

Liquor is a must to watch a Jets game.

Stay in miami and watch on TV.

djr44

All League
    Under Armour Cold Gear products are the best thing I've even bought for tailgating in the cold... Theyre really thin and non-obtrusive but will keep you very warm. Add another layer plus a winter coat and you're gold!

Jets Insider VIP
    Bikini or some kind of lingerie should keep everyone in your section very warm. Don't forget the FMH heels. :yes: