Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How does one dress to stay warm for a game?

we cant really help you decide until you post a picture..

Jets Insider VIP
    Super*****/Prom Queen

[quote=SAGirl;2896871]Where we live it's 71 degrees today, a little chilly for us so I'm wearing jeans for the first time this year; however, heading up for the Miami game and not quite sure how to dress for a game. I'd appreciate any advice ya'll can share with a Jets fan from Texas.[/quote]

Wear a full length mink coat, unless it rains. I could care less about being politically correct when it's 5 degrees & the notorious Meadowlands wind is whipping around the stadium. Fur keeps U so toasty warm you can wear just jeans & a tee shirt without all the layers.

If you don't own fur then layer up as the others suggested. Also if you don't have a place to tailgate, come to Troop 16H and warm yourself by the monster grill & garbage can turkey fires. ;)

Got it on the hand & feet warmers, LOTS of thin layers and will actually have to purchase a winter coat and this calls for new boots!

Thanks for the invite Limolady but not in control of the schedule or transportation - sounds warm though.

Ya'll are so helpful, even though some want to be a little more helpful than others - behave!

Highest Negative Rep
    In JetsInsider History

[QUOTE=SAGirl;2896871]Where we live it's 71 degrees today, a little chilly for us so I'm wearing jeans for the first time this year; however, heading up for the Miami game and not quite sure how to dress for a game. I'd appreciate any advice ya'll can share with a Jets fan from Texas.[/QUOTE]

The key to the whole thing is the right undergarments. Those bras with the cutout holes for the nipples, those are highly recommended in cold weather.

SAR I

All League
    [QUOTE=JetBidi;2900431]Liquor is a must to watch a Jets game.[/QUOTE]

+1 that and lots of swearin'

All Pro
    Heated colostomy bag

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Stay away from the Gate D spirals or you may get a Chest Cold or a Cold Chest..:yes:

Wear the panties your mother laid out for you.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=FF2;2900888]Wear the panties your mother laid out for you.[/QUOTE]

So that's your secret.

[QUOTE=Limolady;2900501]Wear a full length mink coat, unless it rains. I could care less about being politically correct when it's 5 degrees & the notorious Meadowlands wind is whipping around the stadium. Fur keeps U so toasty warm you can wear just jeans & a tee shirt without all the layers.

If you don't own fur then layer up as the others suggested. Also if you don't have a place to tailgate, come to Troop 16H and warm yourself by the monster grill & garbage can turkey fires. ;)[/QUOTE]

what about thigh high black leather boots? :(

All League
    East of the Jordan, West of the Rock of Gibraltar
    it is important to [B]NOT [/B]wear cotton underwear. Cotton absorbs moisture and keeps you wet and therefore cold. Everyone perspires and if you are out in the cold and all 'bundled up' you body cannot lose this moisture. So you need to get some undies that wick this moisture away.

Go buy some Duofold or Under Armore long john's and especially a long sleeved under shirt. Put on fleece over that and if you must your basic winter coat.

Check out Campmor for all of your outdoor needs or go to a ski shop.

[URL="http://www.campmor.com/outdoor/gear/Product___76138"]campmor[/URL]

All Pro
    [quote=SAR I;2900761]The key to the whole thing is the right undergarments. Those bras with the cutout holes for the nipples, those are highly recommended in cold weather.

SAR I[/quote]

SAR you are slipping what about the feet and toes

All League
    Wet T shirt.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

If it's not too late, go on line to Cabela's and get their boots, they are good for 40 below and keep your feet nice and warm.......but definately get hand warmers and layer up girl!:P

Another helpful hint.......bring a blanket and sit on the blanket and wrap it around you, it keeps the wind from coming up from under the seat.......:yes: