Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What happened to Kerry Rhodes?

didn't the defnese force 5 fumbles yesterday? they only got 1. think how the tune would be changed if they had gotten 2 or 3?

but really, rhodes has had to back up the secondary and so he hasn't been released on safety blitzes. the problem is that the secondary is getting torched in spite of this so why not blitz and see what happens?

Veteran
    i actually was gooing to start a thread on this. He had a great year 2 seasons ago and got snubbed for the pro bowl. The last 2 have been very disappointing. I truly believe he's the one guy that no one has called out on this forum who is getting a pass for his subpar play. I dont think he's a superstar but a solid player who needs to just play better.

You guys serious with calling out rhodes? he's still playing as well as he possibly could. Problem is he's 80 yards deep, he's gotta come from the parking lot to make a play. How the hell does this staff expect him to have any impact? Answer: they dont...

Veteran
    just like vilma didnt get a pass, because he had no DT in front of him....
    just like pennington didnt get a pass because he had no oline
    just like thomas jones didnt get a pass last year cuz of no oline

it put up or shut up....no excuses

[QUOTE=Play2Win;2900653]i actually was gooing to start a thread on this. He had a great year 2 seasons ago and got snubbed for the pro bowl. The last 2 have been very disappointing. I truly believe he's the one guy that no one has called out on this forum who is getting a pass for his subpar play. I dont think he's a superstar but a solid player who needs to just play better.[/QUOTE]

70 Tackles, 2 sacks, 10 passes defended, 5 Ints

He had a pro bowl year in 07 as well.

Veteran
    [QUOTE=Chupa;2901201]70 Tackles, 2 sacks, 10 passes defended, 5 Ints

He had a pro bowl year in 07 as well.[/QUOTE]

where did u find this .

according to espn
    [url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=8537[/url]

67 tak 10 pd 2 ints 2 sacks

[QUOTE=Play2Win;2901205]where did u find this .

according to espn
    [url]http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=8537[/url]

67 tak 10 pd 2 ints 2 sacks[/QUOTE]

Nfl.com

[url]http://www.nfl.com/players/kerryrhodes/profile?id=RHO457261[/url]

All League
    So two out of the 4 starters (Rhodes & Revis) on our defense are supposedly stars, but our secondary is god-awful? Doesn't make sense. How many teams have 4 great starters in their secondary? Hell, the Patriots were able to win consistently for years with WRs and street free agents playing corner. It's just baffling to me that we could be so terrible against the pass with two boderline all pros, two guys who are so-so (Law and Elam), and decent depth (Poteat, Lowry, Barrett) for nickle and dime situations. Either Rhodes (and maybe even Revis, although it seems pretty clear he's playing at a high level) is WAY over-rated or our schemes are just terrible.
    Last edited by gaffneycatch; 12-08-2008 at 11:22 PM.

[QUOTE=gaffneycatch;2901281]So two out of the 4 starters (Rhodes & Revis) on our defense are supposedly stars, but our secondary is god-awful? Doesn't make sense. How many teams have 4 great starters in their secondary? Hell, the Patriots were able to win consistently for years with WRs and street free agents playing corner. It's just baffling to me that we could be so terrible against the pass with two boderline all pros, two guys who are so-so (Law and Elam), and decent depth (Poteat, Lowry, Barrett) for nickle and dime situations. Either Rhodes (and maybe even Revis, although it seems pretty clear he's playing at a high level) is WAY over-rated or [B]our schemes are just terrible.[/B][/QUOTE]

DING DING DING!!! We have a winner! Tubby whale on the sidelines has no idea how to rush the passer so we leave all of our secondary/LBs out to dry...

All League
    rhodes got his $$$ and turned into a bum....plain and simple. the guy lost it, he stinks this year. he is to concerned about his off-field bull****, wearing his cap on the sidelines, doing his ab-videos, posing in GQ etc etc.....play football pretty-boy!!

to mention him in the same breath as ed reed is a joke.

[QUOTE=DBAKE;2901337]rhodes got his $$$ and turned into a bum....plain and simple. the guy lost it, he stinks this year. he is to concerned about his off-field bull****, wearing his cap on the sidelines, doing his ab-videos, posing in GQ etc etc.....play football pretty-boy!!

to mention him in the same breath as ed reed is a joke.[/QUOTE]

Quality post. :rolleyes: Yea Rhodes is terrible, maybe we should trade him.

All League
    [QUOTE=JetsMakeMeCry;2900740]You guys serious with calling out rhodes? he's still playing as well as he possibly could. Problem is he's 80 yards deep, he's gotta come from the parking lot to make a play. How the hell does this staff expect him to have any impact? Answer: they dont...[/QUOTE]

Obviously if Polamalu was here he'd be playing like Jesus on the field and have 15 INTs en route to a dominating defense :yes: