Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: chad coming back to haunt us

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

chad coming back to haunt us

Who would have imagined that Chad would lead a 1 win team to a possible playoff berth,The dolphins with less talent then us or the pats is tied for first place and chad is one of the main reasons.Yes the fins have a running game and joey porter on def but you cant tell me they have better wr's or a OL and most of the defense are guys people would call jags but sporano is outcoaching mangini and the dolphins seem to be in almost every game.I'm not saying we would make the playoffs with Chad but it shows maybe it wasnt his fault we sucked during his time as he seems to be able to win in miami with less talent around him.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Maybe it's the coaching.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfanintx;2900051]Who would have imagined that Chad would lead a 1 win team to a possible playoff berth,The dolphins with less talent then us or the pats is tied for first place and chad is one of the main reasons.Yes the fins have a running game and joey porter on def but you cant tell me they have better wr's or a OL and most of the defense are guys people would call jags but sporano is outcoaching mangini and the dolphins seem to be in almost every game.I'm not saying we would make the playoffs with Chad but it shows maybe it wasnt his fault we sucked during his time as he seems to be able to win in miami with less talent around him.[/QUOTE]

I am totally OK with Chad, he is NOT our problem. We have enough of our own. I believe with Chad we would be 8 and 5 or 7 and 6. CHAD was not and is not the answer. If mediocrity is OK, Chad is your man. We gambled on Favre and we are getting what we deserve.

Reminds me of a good movie....

You want answers!!!!
    I want the TRUTH!!
    YOu can't handle the truth!!!

Well boys, the truth is CHAD wasn't the problem entirley and we see that now that the outgoing tide has exposed our bottom half!

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with the above statement. Chad is good enough to go 10-6, 11-5. Unless he has an amazing team around him, he's just not good enough.

Favre may not be good enough either, but I rather take a shot with Favre and miss than knowingly fail (win wilid card and 1 playoff game) with Pennington.

That's how Jets management felt, I can't argue with it.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad led the Jets into Sandiego and Pittsburg with a right shoulder needing surgery and it took Doug Brien to keep him from leading the Jets to NE for the AFC Championship and a solid wooping.

Now he's showing the Dolphins fans and the rest of the NFL that arm strength is nice,but actually having a clue is what's important.

Chad's brain is the equivolent of Favre's arm.Chad with his brain can play in any system,but Favre with his arm can throw deep when no receiver is open.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Meh.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=fullblast;2900117]Meh.[/QUOTE]

LOL...that video on your sig is ironic and is a real jinx. As ugly as that pass looks, it is prettier than anything we have seen from the offense the last 2 weeks. We had 1 pass play over 20 yards yesterday. If you leave that sig up I predict a week 17 loss on a Chad bomb in OT.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chaddy cakes is throwing in 70 and 80 degree weather not the meadowlands anymore. Could be a case for 2-3 of his wins certainaly not all of them. just saying :yes:

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chad has always been able to win in the NFL when he has a good OL, a solid running game, a decent defense, and isn't asked to do too much.

With those ingredients happening in Miami, they're winning games.

And as of now, Tony Sparano is a better coach than Mangini.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=agentmorris;2900187]Chad has always been able to win in the NFL when he has a good OL, a solid running game, a decent defense, and isn't asked to do too much.

With those ingredients happening in Miami, they're winning games.

And as of now, Tony Sparano is a better coach than Mangini.[/QUOTE]

I agree with all of that especially that he has excellent management around him. Mangini is a child coach.

Yet, I am still glad Chad is gone, he is not a big time QB , the key to your statement is "Not asked to do to much".

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;2900195]I agree with all of that especially that he has excellent management around him. Mangini is a child coach.

Yet, I am still glad Chad is gone, he is not a big time QB , the key to your statement is "Not asked to do to much".[/QUOTE]

My question is, which QB in the league has gotten his team into the playoff hunt all by himself? Every QB in the league needs the support of the defense, coaching, and the rest of the team to be successful. We've got the HOF QB with us now, and we've lost and are in danger of blowing it. Putting the responsibility squarely on a team's QB is pretty narrow-sighted. For whatever reason, we're starting to suck at the worst possible time.
    Last edited by kyhangdog; 12-08-2008 at 12:23 PM. Reason: stat error

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just listened to Sparano(sp) speak about what Chad Pennington means to his Dolphins team,and the really funny thing was it sounded like he was taking a shot at our coaching staff.

He said Chad takes his ego out of the situation and understand what it means to win football games in the NFL.All the things that Jet fans call boring and wanted to see gone is what Tony Sparano(sp) hails about Chad Pennington.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kyhangdog;2900207]My question is, which QB in the league has gotten his team into the playoff hunt all by himself? Every QB in the league needs the support of the defense, coaching, and the rest of the team to be successful. We've got the HOF QB with us now, and we've lost and are in danger of blowing it. Putting the responsibility squarely on a team's QB is pretty narrow-sighted. For whatever reason, we're starting to suck at the worst possible time.[/QUOTE]

I think we all agree, nobody on this thread has blamed Favre entorely have they? In contrary, I am OK living with his drama/picks etc... because I feel that Chad at his best was only OK but not great.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    If it comes down to week 17 and Chad beats us for the division, it would be the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise. It would be so embarassing.

(minus namaths deal with the devil of course).

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsfanintx;2900051]Who would have imagined that Chad would lead a 1 win team to a possible playoff berth,The dolphins with less talent then us or the pats is tied for first place and chad is one of the main reasons.Yes the fins have a running game and joey porter on def but you cant tell me they have better wr's or a OL and most of the defense are guys people would call jags but sporano is outcoaching mangini and the dolphins seem to be in almost every game.I'm not saying we would make the playoffs with Chad but it shows maybe it wasnt his fault we sucked during his time as he seems to be able to win in miami with less talent around him.[/QUOTE]

Less Talent? The Dolphins are statistically much better than the Jets on the Defensive side of the ball and much worse on the O side of the ball than the Jets. Maybe it's not Chad and Favre as much as some people want to make it about them.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;2900235]If it comes down to week 17 and Chad beats us for the division, it would be the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise. It would be so embarassing.

(minus namaths deal with the devil of course).[/QUOTE]

It sure would, and it does feel like that giant snowball could be starting to roll.

If it happens though, I'll be happy for Chad. He was always a classy guy and gave everything he had for the Jets. I didn't want him as qb, and still don't, but he's always been 100 percent class.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2900241]Less Talent? The Dolphins are statistically much better than the Jets on the Defensive side of the ball and much worse on the O side of the ball than the Jets. Maybe it's not Chad and Favre as much as some people want to make it about them.[/QUOTE]

I agree too much is made between Pennington and Favre but a big reason for the defensive rankings can be attributed to our offense turning the ball over 23 times with 16 int and 7 lost fumbles......The Dolphins have only 10 offensive turn overs with 6 int and 4 lost fumbles....

The Dolphins are +12 with 22 take aways while the Jets are only +1 with 24 take aways......

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;2900263]I agree too much is made between Pennington and Favre but a big reason for the defensive rankings can be attributed to our offense turning the ball over 23 times with 16 int and 7 lost fumbles......The Dolphins have only 10 offensive turn overs with 6 int and 4 lost fumbles....

The Dolphins are +12 with 22 take aways while the Jets are only +1 with 24 take aways......[/QUOTE]

Our pass D is atrocious, our overall Defensive speed is awful. We have 4 to 5really good players on our D and when we go to the dime package we take most of them out and have a defense full of practice squad players. There's a reason we rank 31st against the pass and 18th in yards given up and it's not the INT's by Favre.

The Dolphins are not substantially less talented than us. They at least have a WR who can stretch the field and two big time running backs along with a better over all D.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2900276]Our pass D is atrocious, our overall Defensive speed is awful. We have 4 to 5really good players on our D and when we go to the dime package we take most of them out and have a defense full of practice squad players. There's a reason we rank 31st against the pass and 18th in yards given up and it's not the INT's by Favre.

The Dolphins are not substantially less talented than us. They at least have a WR who can stretch the field and two big time running backs along with a better over all D.[/QUOTE]

23 turnovers by the offense sure as hell does not help......Now Ted Ginn is some great wideout who can stretch the field, it was always contended that Pennington could not get the ball to this type of receiver.......Do the Dolphins have a running back who has been as good as Thomas Jones this year?.......The team won 1 game last year, sorry i cannot believe they are as talented as the Jets.....The old saying win the turnover battle, that is why the Doplhins have the same record as us in my view.....

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;2900297]23 turnovers by the offense sure as hell does not help......Now Ted Ginn is some great wideout who can stretch the field, it was always contended that Pennington could not get the ball to this type of receiver.......Do the Dolphins have a running back who has been as good as Thomas Jones this year?.......The team won 1 game last year, sorry i cannot believe they are as talented as the Jets.....The old saying win the turnover battle, that is why the Doplhins have the same record as us in my view.....[/QUOTE]

I have a feeling most NFL GM's might take Ronnie Brown over Thomas Jones. The point is the Jets are not much more talented than the Dolphins. The Dolphins are clearly much better coached than the Jets and their D is clearly better than the Jets.

We won 1 game in 1996 and came back with a different coach and won 9 with most of the same talent. The Jets last year won 4 games we weren't exactly a big time team. Yes we signed 3 big time FA's and Favre but we also had a huge bust at no. 6 while the Dolphins inserted a starter with their first pick and also had some good FA signings and added Pennington.