Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: chad coming back to haunt us

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2900325]I have a feeling most NFL GM's might take Ronnie Brown over Thomas Jones. The point is the Jets are not much more talented than the Dolphins. The Dolphins are clearly much better coached than the Jets [B]and their D is clearly better than the Jets[/B].
    [/QUOTE]

Defense is supposedly the specialty of our head coach. LOL.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Joe W. Namath;2900235]

If it comes down to week 17 and Chad beats us for the division

[/QUOTE]

This will be a great match-up.

The gunslinger (PennyBoy) versus the dink and dump (Favre) quarterback.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2900340]This will be a great match-up.

The gunslinger (PennyBoy) versus the dink and dump (Favre) quarterback.[/QUOTE]

Actually, Favre has been better at dink and dump than throwing lasers this season.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2900325]I have a feeling most NFL GM's might take Ronnie Brown over Thomas Jones. The point is the Jets are not much more talented than the Dolphins. The Dolphins are clearly much better coached than the Jets and their D is clearly better than the Jets.

We won 1 game in 1996 and came back with a different coach and won 9 with most of the same talent. The Jets last year won 4 games we weren't exactly a big time team. Yes we signed 3 big time FA's and Favre but we also had a huge bust at no. 6 while the Dolphins inserted a starter with their first pick and also had some good FA signings and added Pennington.[/QUOTE]

Fair points, the coaching has been much superior.....I would probably take Ronnie Brown also but this year Jones has clearly been better.....I still feel the Jets have more talent than Miami but it may not be a large difference....I also feel turnovers are killers and we have made too many......

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SanAntonio_JetFan;2900347]Actually, Favre has been better at dink and dump than throwing lasers this season.[/QUOTE]

Does Favre have a 300-yard passing game this year?

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2900340]This will be a great match-up.

The gunslinger (PennyBoy) versus the dink and dump (Favre) quarterback.[/QUOTE]

LOL!....whoda thunk it.....

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2900241]Less Talent? The Dolphins are statistically much better than the Jets on the Defensive side of the ball and much worse on the O side of the ball than the Jets. [B] Maybe it's not Chad and Favre as much as some people want to make it about them.[/B][/QUOTE]

Shhhhhh, Miami's top 10 defense has nothing to do with it.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;2900348]Fair points, the coaching has been much superior.....I would probably take Ronnie Brown also but this year Jones has clearly been better.....I still feel the Jets have more talent than Miami but it may not be a large difference....I also feel turnovers are killers and we have made too many......[/QUOTE]

I agree with you our roster looks like it has a lot of talent. If you look at our D it feels much better than last years because it's big and can stop the run most of the time. What surprised me is how identical it is statistically to last years D in both yards and points given up. We basically traded out a bad run D for a bad pass D. While you look at our D and can see some very talented players, all to often we don't have those players on the field because of all our specialty pass protection packages. The problem is with all our packages, both on O and D, we seem to have a lot of our better talent sitting on the bench for much of the game and again have special packages with some real JAGS replacing them.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2900384]I agree with you our roster looks like it has a lot of talent. If you look at our D it feels much better than last years because it's big and can stop the run most of the time. What surprised me is how identical it is statistically to last years D in both yards and points given up. We basically traded out a bad run D for a bad pass D. While you look at our D and can see some very talented players, all to often we don't have those players on the field because of all our specialty pass protection packages. The problem is with all our packages, both on O and D, we seem to have a lot of our better talent sitting on the bench for much of the game and again have special packages with some real JAGS replacing them.[/QUOTE]

Ageed, i just don't get what the hell the coaching staff is doing.....We seem to rarely be an attacking defense and give up too many easy yards in the passing game....

It drives me crazy seeing guys catch the ball with no Jet defender in sight time after time....Good to great defenses attack and we do not....

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=NYJets 4 Life;2900383]Shhhhhh, Miami's top 10 defense has nothing to do with it.[/QUOTE]

top 10 defense??? They're ranked 14th in overall D- average.

This thread is hillarious......"Maybe it's not all about Chad and Favre"....2 weeks ago Favre was the X Factor, the Magician, The warrior....the reason we were comfortably in first. "He has fun out there and it rubs off on other and wins games yadayadayada

Coles was right in that credit all went to Favre when others were more deserving.

And The dolphins not asking Chad to do that much???? Miami has the 8th ranked offense in the NFL....probably the strongest part of their team and Chad is 6th in the NFL at yards per attempt.....People jsut don't want to admitt that Chad has proved them wrong.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2900351]Does Favre have a 300-yard passing game this year?[/QUOTE]

I don't think so.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=beemer;2900066]Maybe it's the coaching.[/QUOTE]

This would be a correct statement if you subtracted the maybe. :yes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;2900108]I agree with the above statement. Chad is good enough to go 10-6, 11-5. Unless he has an amazing team around him, he's just not good enough.

Favre may not be good enough either, but I rather take a shot with Favre and miss than knowingly fail (win wilid card and 1 playoff game) with Pennington.

That's how Jets management felt, I can't argue with it.[/QUOTE]

ditto.

Chad is not a playoff QB. Coverage gets tight in the playoffs and that wildcat nonsense won't do squat.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Winstonbiggs;2900325]I have a feeling most NFL GM's might take Ronnie Brown over Thomas Jones. The point is the Jets are not much more talented than the Dolphins. The Dolphins are clearly much better coached than the Jets and their D is clearly better than the Jets.

We won 1 game in 1996 and came back with a different coach and won 9 with most of the same talent. The Jets last year won 4 games we weren't exactly a big time team. Yes we signed 3 big time FA's and Favre but we also had a huge bust at no. 6 while the Dolphins inserted a starter with their first pick and also had some good FA signings and added Pennington.[/QUOTE]Let's not forget who made this all happen...;)

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4xyd-Nwvvc[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Chad Pennington;2900409]top 10 defense??? They're ranked 14th in overall D- average.

This thread is hillarious......"Maybe it's not all about Chad and Favre"....2 weeks ago Favre was the X Factor, the Magician, The warrior....the reason we were comfortably in first. "He has fun out there and it rubs off on other and wins games yadayadayada

Coles was right in that credit all went to Favre when others were more deserving.

And The dolphins not asking Chad to do that much???? Miami has the 8th ranked offense in the NFL....probably the strongest part of their team and Chad is 6th in the NFL at yards per attempt.....People jsut don't want to admitt that Chad has proved them wrong.[/QUOTE]

exactly...just gotta tip your cap

Chad is who i thought he was:D

i just hope to God we don't lose that game with the division and playoffs in the balance. it would almost be fitting though. -Poetic justice for the cursed but that's really not even funny to joke about at this point.

I hate the Jets for contributing to this scenario in every way -esp with their play- and they almost deserve this. One thing is certain.. these next few games will be nervewracking. Just hopefully not heartbreaking. It's all on the line. We'll see what we're made of... and our coach. compelling stuff.;)

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JOHNNY JOHNSON;2900482]exactly...just gotta tip your cap

Chad is who i thought he was:D

i just hope to God we don't lose that game with the division and playoffs in the balance. it would almost be fitting though. -Poetic justice for the cursed but that's really not even funny to joke about at this point.

I hate the Jets for contributing to this scenario in every way -esp with their play- and they almost deserve this. One thing is certain.. these next few games will be nervewracking. Just hopefully not heartbreaking. It's all on the line. We'll see what we're made of... and our coach. compelling stuff.;)[/QUOTE]

I have to admit it brings me a small measure of satisfaction to watch the haters scramble. I give them credit for consistency though... they refuse to give Chad one iota of credit for anything... ever.... all i know is Chad will rip this defense apart if it continues to play the way they did yesterday... I mean he'll shred it... that would be just about the worst Jets moment I've ever had the misfortune of watching.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    HAHAHA....

All I can say is I pray it comes down to this. Jets vs. Maimi for the division. Otherwise if we win that game all it would do is hand the Pats* the division.

Miami and NE are not going to lose the next two weeks IMO.... we'd better keep pace.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;2900108]I agree with the above statement. Chad is good enough to go 10-6, 11-5. Unless he has an amazing team around him, he's just not good enough.

Favre may not be good enough either, but I rather take a shot with Favre and miss than knowingly fail (win wilid card and 1 playoff game) with Pennington.

That's how Jets management felt, I can't argue with it.[/QUOTE]

You see, that is the exact essence of the flaw in your argument. We are not taking a shot with favre to win a super bowl. We have no chance to win a super bowl with Favre or chad as long as mangini as here. So stop saying chad has taken us far as he could. Maybe its true, but at least be reasonable and admit the same that mangini took us as far as he could. Could you envision mangini outcaoching the top coaches in the playoffs?

We are a 1 and done team in the playoffs regardless of our qb. So be fair and also say mangini has taken us as far as he could.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=jetsmetsrangers;2900348]Fair points, the coaching has been much superior.....I would probably take Ronnie Brown also but this year Jones has clearly been better.....I still feel the Jets have more talent than Miami but it may not be a large difference....I also feel turnovers are killers and we have made too many......[/QUOTE

Not a large difference? Do you know what wide receivers are?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Tinstar;2900229]I just listened to Sparano(sp) speak about what Chad Pennington means to his Dolphins team,and the really funny thing was it sounded like he was taking a shot at our coaching staff.

He said Chad takes his ego out of the situation and understand what it means to win football games in the NFL.All the things that [B]Jet fans call boring [/B]and wanted to see gone is what Tony Sparano(sp) hails about Chad Pennington.[/QUOTE]

Just the dumb fans...

Chad was never a bad QB but many here thought he was. And those clowns at the stadium who cheered his injury. Fools deserve Chad beating them in that last game.