Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If we win the last three can we NOT be division champs?

Hall Of Fame

If we win the last three can we NOT be division champs?

Is there any tiebreaker scenario, two way or three way, that could go against us?

Because nobody is a more pessimistic fan of this #@*#ing team than me.
    But we are winning the last three.

[SIZE="1"]And then getting destroyed in first playoff game.[/SIZE]

All Pro
    no if we win out we win the division - we hold all the tiebreakers right now.

I don't think so. If we win out and the Pats win out, we still hold divisional tiebreaker over them.

Hall Of Fame
    That's right there can't be a three way tie if we win out.

All League
    We can win the last three and not be division champs if those three wins are moral victories.

Hall Of Fame
    This is probably too complicated to answer now, but how would it look if the Jets pats and fins all finished 10-6, and assuming we lose to Dolphins.

Jets Insider VIP
    Anything is possible.

We could go all the way and still be losers.

[QUOTE]no if we win out we win the division - we hold all the tiebreakers right now.[/QUOTE]

+1

We control our own fate right now. If we keep playing the way we have been it will be our own faults.

Banned
    [QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y;2900135]This is probably too complicated to answer now, but how would it look if the Jets pats and fins all finished 10-6, and assuming we lose to Dolphins.[/QUOTE]

In that scenario, the Phins win the division with the better common opponent record.

All Pro
    Nope.

And for that matter, who's to say that the Fish won't drop another game before Week 17?

Anything is possible.

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote=PatsFanTX;2900147]In that scenario, the Phins win the division with the better common opponent record.[/quote]

If the Fins win out they win the division. :mad:

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2900147]In that scenario, the Phins win the division with the better common opponent record.[/QUOTE]

Tex, is their any scenario where the Pats win the division in a tie-breaker, or do they have to win more games than either the Jets or Fins? If that's the case they've got an uphill battle since the Colts and 2d place team in the AFC North are the likely Wild Cards.

Also, is Matt C more Scott Mitchell or Kurt Warner? In other words is he a flash in the pan who overperforms in injury relief of a star QB on a very good team, or is he a star in his own right? I don't really see enough of him to form an opinion.

[QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y;2900124]Is there any tiebreaker scenario, two way or three way, that could go against us?

Because nobody is a more pessimistic fan of this #@*#ing team than me.
    But we are winning the last three.

[SIZE="1"]And then getting destroyed in first playoff game.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]
    Big Tim

[B]Nobody is more pessimistic than you?????[/B] That is a HUGE statement. Possible of course but these are JET fans and there are lots of us with broken hearts. We have had our Hearts RIPPED from our chest many times.

I for one will always be a fan BUT effective 6:30 pm EST yesterday I have checked my emotional baggage at the door for the remainder of the season. If we make the playoffs..... FU(K1NG Awesome but if not, I can't take the drop from the ledge.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2900147]In that scenario, the Phins win the division with the better common opponent record.[/QUOTE]

Hey TROLL, Go FU(# yourself.

Banned
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;2900170]Tex, is their any scenario where the Pats win the division in a tie-breaker, or do they have to win more games than either the Jets or Fins? If that's the case they've got an uphill battle since the Colts and 2d place team in the AFC North are the likely Wild Cards.

Also, is Matt C more Scott Mitchell or Kurt Warner? In other words is he a flash in the pan who overperforms in injury relief of a star QB on a very good team, or is he a star in his own right? I don't really see enough of him to form an opinion.[/QUOTE]

In a 3-way scenario, the Pats would be $hit out of luck. :steamin:

I'm not sure I would call Cassel a "star", but I think he has exceeded any expectations that I could have ever dreamed of.

Outside of the Steeler game last week, Cassel has continued to improve week to week.

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;2900180]Big Tim

[B]Nobody is more pessimistic than you?????[/B] That is a HUGE statement. Possible of course but these are JET fans and there are lots of us with broken hearts. We have had our Hearts RIPPED from our chest many times.

I for one will always be a fan BUT effective 6:30 pm EST yesterday I have checked my emotional baggage at the door for the remainder of the season. If we make the playoffs..... FU(K1NG Awesome but if not, I can't take the drop from the ledge.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, but the reason the Jets suck is because I'm a fan. If I dropped dead today they would win the Super Bowl and be a dominant force for ten years.

Here's a perfect example. I was 18 or 19 and in Vegas with a buddy. We won
    two grand, which was like a million back then. Being a Jets fan, there was an upcoming game that I just knew we were going to lose because we always lost to this team. I talked my buddy into letting our two thousand ride on this game. I was so sure. This was the only time I ever made a huge bet like this. We bet against the Jets and gave three points.

Do you know what game this was?

It was the game the Jets beat the Dolphins 51-45. Be assured, if I did not bet on that game the Jets would have lost, guaranteed. The Jets got me again.

Incidentally, even though we only lost 2 grand, it felt like we lost 4 grand, because at the end of the game the slip would be worth either 4 grand or zero.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2900190]In a 3-way scenario, the Pats would be $hit out of luck. :steamin:

I'm not sure I would call Cassel a "star", but I think he has exceeded any expectations that I could have ever dreamed of.

Outside of the Steeler game last week, Cassel has continued to improve week to week.[/QUOTE]

Could they win a two way tie with either the Jets or Fins based on conference records?

[QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y;2900124]But we are winning the last three.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

No chance in hell we win the last three IMO.

Jets drop at least one, I'd bet two of three, finish 9-7 and OUT of the Playoffs.

[QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y;2900208]Sorry, but the reason the Jets suck is because I'm a fan. If I dropped dead today they would win the Super Bowl and be a dominant force for ten years.

Here's a perfect example. I was 18 or 19 and in Vegas with a buddy. We won
    two grand, which was like a million back then. Being a Jets fan, there was an upcoming game that I just knew we were going to lose because we always lost to this team. I talked my buddy into letting our two thousand ride on this game. I was so sure. This was the only time I ever made a huge bet like this. We bet against the Jets and gave three points.

Do you know what game this was?

It was the game the Jets beat the Dolphins 51-45. Be assured, if I did not bet on that game the Jets would have lost, guaranteed. The Jets got me again.

Incidentally, even though we only lost 2 grand, it felt like we lost 4 grand, because at the end of the game the slip would be worth either 4 grand or zero.[/QUOTE]

I am 47, been a die fan since 69 but a DIE HARD since 80 when I went to college in Buffalo and gave up the Giants/Jets thing and went GREEN 100 percent. How long you a fan???

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2900218]No chance in hell we win the last three IMO.

Jets drop at least one, I'd bet two of three, finish 9-7 and OUT of the Playoffs.[/QUOTE]

If we lose one it will be Seattle. I don't see us losing either home game.