Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If we win the last three can we NOT be division champs?

All League
    TIMMMMYYYY.......if this link works it will answer all your questions.

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario?algorithm=custom&14=01450004&15=01010040&16=00410551&17=01004400[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=southparkcpa;2900220]I am 47, been a die fan since 69 but a DIE HARD since 80 when I went to college in Buffalo and gave up the Giants/Jets thing and went GREEN 100 percent. How long you a fan???[/QUOTE]

I've always considered myself a Jets fan, even before I knew what a linebacker was. I've been hard core since late 70's

Banned
    [QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;2900215]Could they win a two way tie with either the Jets or Fins based on conference records?[/QUOTE]

No, I believe both the Jets and Phins own the 2-way tiebreakers over the Pats.

I think the only way the Pats can win the AFCE is by winning out and the Jets and Phins dropping at least one game.

[QUOTE=JamaicanJetFan;2900130]We can win the last three and not be division champs if those three wins are moral victories.[/QUOTE]

that's funny!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2900233]No, I believe both the Jets and Phins own the 2-way tiebreakers over the Pats.

I think the only way the Pats can win the AFCE is by winning out and the Jets and Phins dropping at least one game.[/QUOTE]

and if that happens the final wildcard spot would be determined by the jets miami wk 17 game whoever wins would be the 6th and final seed and have to face the pats in the first round.......:steamin:

Seems to me that in most scenarios if we beat Miami we are in and if we lose to them we are out. Thats barring losing out.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2900233]No, I believe both the Jets and Phins own the 2-way tiebreakers over the Pats.

I think the only way the Pats can win the AFCE is by winning out and the Jets and Phins dropping at least one game.[/QUOTE]

Or if the Jets/Fins tie.

Also , If the Ravens lose at home to Pit and at Dallas And the Pats win out, the worst they can do is a wildcard. With the Jets in the mix for the wildcard too. In the Ravens losing to Pit and Dallas scenario the Jets play the Pats in the Playoffs.

[url]http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/playoffscenario[/url]

Veteran
    [QUOTE=ucrenegade;2900247]and if that happens the final wildcard spot would be determined by the jets miami wk 17 game whoever wins would be the 6th and final seed and have to face the pats in the first round.......:steamin:[/QUOTE]

The division winner will be the only playoff team.

[QUOTE=I against I;2900286]The division winner will be the only playoff team.[/QUOTE]

maybe not. The Ravens have to beat Pit at home and Dallas on the road. If not they could lose the WC to an AFCE team.

[QUOTE=SONNY WERBLIN;2900295]maybe not. The Ravens have to beat Pit at home and Dallas on the road. If not they could lose the WC to an AFCE team.[/QUOTE]

True, but for Pitt to beat NE in NE and then beat Dal in a tough game then go back on the road to beat a Ravens team that hates them is asking alot...I would very impressed if Pitt beats BAL this weekend..

[QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y;2900221]If we lose one it will be Seattle. I don't see us losing either home game.[/QUOTE]

If we lose to Seattle than I want every coach involved with this team FIRED!

Oakland? beginning of the season, Favre learning the O (plus Raiders just beat Denver in Denver 2 weeks ago 30-10), Pass.

Denver? Hey, they are not great but they will win their division & Cutler with time is a stud, throwing to 2 receivers that blow Coles & Cotch away, Pass.

San Francisco? Relatively healthy, playing at home, T\they have won 3 of 4 since "crazy eyes" took over. Lets face it, we STUNK & the coaches coached like P*ssies! But still gotta give em a pass.

Seattle? No hasselbeck, no Walter Jones & no pro bowl guard. 2-12 record? probably 2-13! If we lose this game & give Miami the division making the last game meaningless! OH MY GOD, shoot all of us! We'll want Mangini, Shotty & Sutton hung up like Saddam in the parking lot.

All Pro
    Per Jason423:

[B]New York Jets Divisional Playoff Scenarios[/B]

The plan is to update the playoff race every week. I believe every scenario is accurate, but just send me a note if there are any corrections or additions.

[B]1. Jets go 4-0 to finish 12-4[/B]

Automatically win the division and will clinch at least the number 3 overall seed

[B]2. Jets go 3-1, sweeping Miami and Buffalo to finish 11-5:[/B]

Clinch the the division.

[B]3. Jets go 3-1, with the one loss to Buffalo to finish 11-5:[/B]

Clinch division if New England loses to either Seattle, Oakland, Arizona or Buffalo

[B]4. Jets go 3-1, with the one loss to Miami to finish 11-5:[/B]

Clinch division if New England loses to either Seattle, Oakland, Arizona or Buffalo AND
    Miami loses to either Buffalo, San Francisco, or Kansas City

[B]5. Jets go 2-2, sweeping Miami and Buffalo to finish 10-6:[/B]

Clinch division if New England loses to either Seattle, Oakland, Arizona or Buffalo.

[B]6. Jets go 2-2, beating Buffalo and losing to Miami, to finish 10-6:[/B]

clinch division if:

Miami AND New England lose to Buffalo OR

Miami loses to Buffalo AND New England loses to two of the following three teams: Seattle, Oakland and Arizona OR

New England loses to Buffalo AND Miami loses to San Francisco and Kansas city

[B]7. Jets go 2-2, beating Miami and losing to Buffalo, to finish 10-6:[/B]

Clinch division if:

New England loses to Buffalo OR

New England loses to two of the following three teams: Seattle, Oakland and Arizona OR

New England loses to either Seattle, Oakland or Arizona AND Miami beats Buffalo, San Francisco, and Kansas City.

[B]8. Jets go 2-2, losing to both Buffalo and Miami, to finish 10-6:[/B]

Clinch division if Miami loses to two of the following three teams: Buffalo, San Francisco, and Kansas City AND
    New England loses to two of the following four teams: Seattle, Buffalo, Oakland and Arizona AND
    Buffalo loses to either Miami, Denver or New England.

[B]9. Jets go 1-3, beating Buffalo, to finish 9-7:[/B]

Clinch division if:

Miami loses to Buffalo AND either San Francisco or Kansas City AND
    New England loses to Buffalo AND either Seattle, Oakland or Arizona.

Miami loses to Buffalo AND either San Francisco or Kansas City AND
    New England loses to Seattle, Oakland and Arizona

[B]10. Jets go 1-3, beating Miami, to finish 9-7:[/B]

Clinch division if: Both Miami and New England finish 9-7 OR

Miami loses to either Buffalo, San Francisco, or Kansas City AND New England loses to three of the following four teams: Seattle, Buffalo, Oakland, and Arizona

[B]11. Jets go 1-3, beating either San Francisco or Seattle, to finish 9-7:[/B]

New England, Miami and Buffalo to all finish no better than 8-8.

[B]Results the Jets want in week 14:

[/B]Buffalo over Miami
    Seattle over New England
    Washington over Baltimore
    Cincinnati over Indianapolis
    Dallas over Pittsburgh
    Kansas City over Denver

Copyright © 2008 NYJetscap.com

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y;2900124]Is there any tiebreaker scenario, two way or three way, that could go against us?

Because nobody is a more pessimistic fan of this #@*#ing team than me.
    But we are winning the last three.

[SIZE="1"]And then getting destroyed in first playoff game.[/SIZE][/QUOTE]

HA win the next 3 did you see that cluster**** in san fran. We won't even beat buffalo we can not can not defend the pass at all. It's maddness Hate to say it but chad pennington yes chad will literally rip us to shreds even if we somehow mange to win in seattle. This team right now is a wet dream for some CP football

If the Jets finish 10-6 (with the loss being to buffalo)
    and Miami loses 1 of the next 2 and then again to the Jets (finish 9-7)
    and NE finishes 10-6
    NE wins the head to head tiebreaker vs the Jets based on common opponents. (They would both be 4-2 in the div)

If the Jets beat Buff and Mia they will have the tiebreaker against NE (5-1 in div).

[QUOTE=ILJETSFAN;2900588]
    [B]Results the Jets want in week 14:

[/B]Buffalo over Miami
    Seattle over New England
    Washington over Baltimore
    Cincinnati over Indianapolis
    Dallas over Pittsburgh
    Kansas City over Denver

Copyright © 2008 NYJetscap.com[/QUOTE]

lol, talk about going 0 for 6... 0 for 7 if you count our own game...

:bigcry: :akface :bigcry: :bigcry: :akface :bigcry:

Banned
    [QUOTE=Dirtstar;2900624]lol, talk about going 0 for 6... 0 for 7 if you count our own game...

[/QUOTE]

That's pretty funny.

Reminds me of Moga's picks.

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2900630]That's pretty funny.

Reminds me of Moga's picks.[/QUOTE]

who?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2900630]That's pretty funny.

Reminds me of Moga's picks.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=FF2®;2900638]who?[/QUOTE]

Shouldn't you 2 jagoffs be celebrating

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=thebigragu;2900592]HA win the next 3 did you see that cluster**** in san fran. We won't even beat buffalo we can not can not defend the pass at all. It's maddness Hate to say it but chad pennington yes chad will literally rip us to shreds even if we somehow mange to win in seattle. This team right now is a wet dream for some CP football[/QUOTE]

For sure. Pennington could have a 400 yard day against our defense

Rookie
    [QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2900147]In that scenario, the Phins win the division with the better common opponent record.[/QUOTE]

Wouldnt you just LOVE that?