Enjoy an Ads-Free Jets Insider - Become a Jets Insider VIP!

Thread: Juande Ramos (ex-Spurs, Sevilla) to Madrid?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like

Juande Ramos (ex-Spurs, Sevilla) to Madrid?

Apparently that is the rumour, obviously as the manager. Schuster is outski apparently.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    No way Schuster makes it past Christmas.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulDuke View Post
    No way Schuster makes it past Christmas.
    The Madrid job is the worst in football - sure it pays a lot, but it's like a revolving door. Mind you, there are numerous Spanish clubs that are like that.

Rafa thinks managing in English football is the awesomenest, and I can see why after he came from Spain.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    The Madrid job is the worst in football - sure it pays a lot, but it's like a revolving door. Mind you, there are numerous Spanish clubs that are like that.

Rafa thinks managing in English football is the awesomenest, and I can see why after he came from Spain.
    One of my best friends is Spanish and a fanatical Real fan.

That coaching job has to be one of the worst, if not THE worst, in Pro Sports. Guys have been fired after winning the Championship because play wasn't spectacular enough. You not only have to win, but it has to be magnificent.

I went to a game at Bernabeu (spell?) which was an awesome experience. Atmosphere is almost churchlike, not much chanting. I understood where the fans get the snobby reputation. But once they get pissed, the places boils. The day I went, 15 cameras were following Zidane's every move for a movie.

He got redcarded at the end for fighting.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    One of my best friends is Spanish and a fanatical Real fan.

That coaching job has to be one of the worst, if not THE worst, in Pro Sports. Guys have been fired after winning the Championship because play wasn't spectacular enough. You not only have to win, but it has to be magnificent.

I went to a game at Bernabeu (spell?) which was an awesome experience. Atmosphere is almost churchlike, not much chanting. I understood where the fans get the snobby reputation. But once they get pissed, the places boils. The day I went, 15 cameras were following Zidane's every move for a movie.

He got redcarded at the end for fighting.
    Apparently the attitude on the Continent to managers is totally different compared to the United Kingdom, where the mangers are almost like Gods....what the manager says goes in England, but in Spain or Italy, players openly question the manager, even in training. It's a totally different philosophy. Managing in England is easily the best job for a manager, even if, historically, the football is of lesser quality compared to the Continent.

As for Zizou - of course he got red carded! An Algerian/French who headbutted in his last game was naturally always in strife during his career....

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Death View Post
    Apparently the attitude on the Continent to managers is totally different compared to the United Kingdom, where the mangers are almost like Gods....what the manager says goes in England, but in Spain or Italy, players openly question the manager, even in training. It's a totally different philosophy. Managing in England is easily the best job for a manager, even if, historically, the football is of lesser quality compared to the Continent.

As for Zizou - of course he got red carded! An Algerian/French who headbutted in his last game was naturally always in strife during his career....
    It also goes hand in hand with the fact that in England you have Managers, and in the rest of Europe you have Coaches.

To my knowledge, guys like Wenger or Ferguson who have almost all decision making power, just don't exist elsewhere.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    It also goes hand in hand with the fact that in England you have Managers, and in the rest of Europe you have Coaches.

To my knowledge, guys like Wenger or Ferguson who have almost all decision making power, just don't exist elsewhere.
    Yep....and where they did introduce a 'European' style of football (ie Spurs in recent years) it was a total failure.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why would they want that guy though? He sucks.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, its confirmed now: http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...pe/7773422.stm

As for why the'd want him, he has a very good record apart from this season at Spurs.