Thread: Here in Charlotte.. panthers

Here in Charlotte.. panthers

I have lived in Charlotte 15 years. The Panthers have had their ups and downs since 95 (inception). But they have 3 NFC title appearances, 1 SB apperance, and a decent following. A bit wine and cheese but nota bad fan base.

What have the JETS done since then........ please ....I love the JETS just sayin.

Management is the difference. The Panthers owner is a former player, a solid businessman who made millions with Hardees restaurants from a SB bonus of $3K in the 60's (I believe).

If we fire Mangini... then what???? Like when we fired Pete Carroll. Look where that got us.

What is the answer... we all complain (Me too) but this has too end. My point is, in my view, we lack vision in the front office.
    Last edited by southparkcpa; 12-09-2008 at 08:42 AM.

Jets Insider VIP
    One could argue the Jets first 13 years of existence is probably better than Carolinas, at least we won a SB in that time frame.

I dont get your point...who's to say the next 25 years for the Panthers doesn't end up like the Jets last 25?

Banned
    [QUOTE=Fishooked;2901460]One could argue the Jets first 13 years of existence is probably better than Carolinas, at least we won a SB in that time frame.

[/QUOTE]

Does it really matter what a team did in the 1960's versus what a team is doing currently? :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=PatsFanTX;2901465]Does it really matter what a team did in the 1960's versus what a team is doing currently? :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Hey TEX go FU($ yourself. You are not wanted here.

Why haven't you been banned?

[QUOTE=Fishooked;2901460]One could argue the Jets first 13 years of existence is probably better than Carolinas, at least we won a SB in that time frame.

I dont get your point...who's to say the next 25 years for the Panthers doesn't end up like the Jets last 25?[/QUOTE]

My point is good management is what I believe we lack. From HESS to Lawyers and now Johnson.

Jets Insider VIP
    [quote=PatsFanTX;2901465]Does it really matter what a team did in the 1960's versus what a team is doing currently? [/quote]

[IMG]http://www.tommychang.net/uploaded_images/mega-rolleyes-702628.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.tommychang.net/uploaded_images/mega-rolleyes-702628.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.tommychang.net/uploaded_images/mega-rolleyes-702628.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.tommychang.net/uploaded_images/mega-rolleyes-702628.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.tommychang.net/uploaded_images/mega-rolleyes-702628.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://www.tommychang.net/uploaded_images/mega-rolleyes-702628.jpg[/IMG]

All Pro
    the cowboys are worse then all, they havent won a playoff game since like the mid 90's 12-13yrs.. yet they are suppose to go to the super bowl every year

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;2901457]I have lived in Charlotte 15 years. The Panthers have had their ups and downs since 95 (inception). But they have 3 NFC title appearances, 1 SB apperance, and a decent following. A bit wine and cheese but nota bad fan base.

What have the JETS done since then........ please ....I love the JETS just sayin.

Management is the difference. The Panthers owner is a former player, a solid businessman who made millions with Hardees restaurants from a SB bonus of $3K in the 60's (I believe).

If we fire Mangini... then what???? Like when we fired Pete Carroll. Look where that got us.

What is the answer... we all complain (Me too) but this has too end. My point is, in my view, we lack vision in the front office.[/QUOTE]

I also live in NC. We are just otside Raleigh. My son and I go to Panthers camp every year for the last 5 years. We are die hard Jet fans, me a 39 yr vet, and I agree with you . He and I just had the same conversation last night watching the game. Why the Jets cannot get to this point is unreal. This is a well run team from top to bottom. They may have a off year every now and again but come back strong. Why or why can the Jes not do this. Pisses me off.:steamin:

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;2901457]I have lived in Charlotte 15 years. The Panthers have had their ups and downs since 95 (inception). But they have 3 NFC title appearances, 1 SB apperance, and a decent following. A bit wine and cheese but nota bad fan base.

What is the answer... we all complain (Me too) but this has too end. My point is, in my view, we lack vision in the front office.[/QUOTE]

So become a Panthers fan you putz. Or STFU!! or GFY!!! :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Rutgers >>>> NC State

[QUOTE=FF2;2901510]So become a Panthers fan you putz. Or STFU!! or GFY!!! :D[/QUOTE]

Hey FF2, stick it with mama you fat slob.

Reading your posts I can't tell who you are a fan of.

hab=ve you ever contributed anything positive to this forum???

Anything?????

Go eat a pizza you fat slob.

[QUOTE=Guido Monzino;2901561]Rutgers >>>> NC State[/QUOTE]

Yeah but my daughter went to NC state, another at UNC.

I like Rutgers by the way, terrific school. I went to PACE

[QUOTE=southparkcpa;2901470]My point is good management is what I believe we lack. From HESS to Lawyers and now Johnson.[/QUOTE]

Bingo. Somehow we went from one clueless owner to another. Unfortunately Woody is fairly young and probably not interested in selling the team anytime soon. The lack of vision (and utter incompetence) he showed during the stadium debacle made it painfully clear to me that the Jets' future is bleak under this guy. He's a great philanthropist, and deserves a lot of credit for that. But he's clearly not a business man.