Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: IL Governor Blagojevich Arrested for Possible Corruption (Merged x2)

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2902213][url]http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/12/questions-arise.html[/url]

LOL[/QUOTE]

Meh, I'll wait for something with substance to come out. The report here clearly states that no allegations against Obama have been made at all by the Feds.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2902213][url]http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2008/12/questions-arise.html[/url]

LOL[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]Asked what contact he'd had with the governor's office about his replacement in the Senate, President-elect Obama today said "I had no contact with the governor or his office and so we were not, I was not aware of what was happening."

But on November 23, 2008, his senior adviser David Axelrod appeared on Fox News Chicago and said something quite different.

While insisting that the President-elect had not expressed a favorite to replace him, and his inclination was to avoid being a "kingmaker," Axelrod said, "I know he's talked to the governor and there are a whole range of names many of which have surfaced, and I think he has a fondness for a lot of them."[/QUOTE]

lol, come on... Even if Obama is clean in this controversy, how many times is he going to **** himself with the petty lying?

- He didn't know anything about the Rev. Wright's sermons

- He never had personal contact with Bill Ayers

- He never talked with Blago about the Senate seat

Yeah, right :rolleyes:

All of it doesn't amount to much of anything, but it still makes him look like a huge tool, and a little untrustworthy. Tell the truth, you're not even the President yet! There will be ample time for misleading in the future, and for far better reasons. Unless he's really got something to hide.

(CUE THE "But but but President Bush!" REMARKS)

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2902227]Meh, I'll wait for something with substance to come out. The report here clearly states that no allegations against Obama have been made at all by the Feds.[/QUOTE]

Like I said, if there's no substance, why deny anything? You're most likely going to get caught in you're little white lie and then bigger questions arise. It's stupid, he's really got to learn to not do that.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2902245]Like I said, if there's no substance, why deny anything? You're most likely going to get caught in you're little white lie and then bigger questions arise. It's stupid, he's really got to learn to not do that.[/QUOTE]

Honestly? Who gives a sh-t dude...unless the guy's being charged or summonsed, I really don't see how it's relevant at all.

On another note, I find it a tad hypocritical that someone who's voiced so much distrust for the American media is having such a knee-jerk reaction to this story.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2902255]Honestly? Who gives a sh-t dude...unless the guy's being charged or summonsed, I really don't see how it's relevant at all.

On another note, I find it a tad hypocritical that someone who's voiced so much distrust for the American media is having such a knee-jerk reaction to this story.[/QUOTE]

How is it hypocritical? Obama is quoted as saying something regarding the story, and one of Obama's top guys is quoted as saying something that directly contradicts the first statement. Makes Obama look like a liar.

Like I said, it doesn't amount to much at all, it just seems like this is a bad habit that Obama has to drop before he becomes President. Just admit the truth and be coy about it instead of outright lying. It's like "Being the President 101", that's all. It's certainly not an indictment against him in regards to corruption charges, just a general observation.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2902260]How is it hypocritical? Obama is quoted as saying something regarding the story, and one of Obama's top guys is quoted as saying something that directly contradicts the first statement. Makes Obama look like a liar. [/QUOTE]
    Quotes never get taken out of context? If this were a Republican saying anything of the sort, you'd be ranting about how you needed to see the full transcript, or that it'd need to be reported by other sources as well to gain steam. Please, spare me.
    [QUOTE]
    Like I said, it doesn't amount to much at all, it just seems like this is a bad habit that Obama has to drop before he becomes President. Just admit the truth and be coy about it instead of outright lying. It's like "Being the President 101", that's all. It's certainly not an indictment against him in regards to corruption charges, just a general observation.[/QUOTE]
    Yes, because as we all know, you've done nothing but make objective observations in your assertions on Democrats. This large of a knee-jerk reaction (while continously harping on Ayers and Wright) on your part in regards to one quote from an article absolving him of any involvement is flat out ridiculous.

Waterboy
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2902272]Quotes never get taken out of context? If this were a Republican saying anything of the sort, you'd be ranting about how you needed to see the full transcript, or that it'd need to be reported by other sources as well to gain steam. Please, spare me. [/QUOTE]

Perhaps, but I actually read that ABC News blog everyday, and it's pretty good. I like Jake Tapper. And since when I am the mouth-foaming neocon you're making me out to be?

[QUOTE] Yes, because as we all know, you've done nothing but make objective observations in your assertions on Democrats. This large of a knee-jerk reaction (while continously harping on Ayers and Wright) on your part in regards to one quote from an article absolving him of any involvement is flat out ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

See, this seems to be more of an indictment against my past opinions than anything I've said right now, which really isn't fair in the context of this thread. I already acknowledged that the article absolves Obama for any wrongdoing, and I'm taking that at face value as well.

How's this:

[SIZE="5"][U][B]IF[/B][/U][/SIZE] the above quote in question is true, and there's no concrete proof that it is, then I suppose Obama should be more careful about making statements to the press, especially when committing to an answer either way. This might be a valuable skill as President of the United States. But I could be wrong.

Better?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    You ignore Libby, but I am suppose to defend Berger? Check out the memos AG Gonzalez just wrote about how he treated top secret info.

[QUOTE=Tucker134;2902211]So, nothing on Sandy Berger? Hello? Thought so.....[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2902294]Perhaps, but I actually read that ABC News blog everyday, and it's pretty good. I like Jake Tapper. And since when I am the mouth-foaming neocon you're making me out to be?

See, this seems to be more of an indictment against my past opinions than anything I've said right now, which really isn't fair in the context of this thread. I already acknowledged that the article absolves Obama for any wrongdoing, and I'm taking that at face value as well.

How's this:

[SIZE="5"][U][B]IF[/B][/U][/SIZE] the above quote in question is true, and there's no concrete proof that it is, then I suppose Obama should be more careful about making statements to the press, especially when committing to an answer either way. This might be a valuable skill as President of the United States. But I could be wrong.

Better?[/QUOTE]
    Yes, and in regards to the first paragraph, it's because you insist on staying Republican.

Simply put, I just don't think this type of benign BS is even worth talking about anymore. It leads nowhere.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2902237]lol, come on... Even if Obama is clean in this controversy, how many times is he going to **** himself with the petty lying?

All of it doesn't amount to much of anything, but it still makes him look like a huge tool, and a little untrustworthy. Tell the truth, you're not even the President yet! There will be ample time for misleading in the future, and for far better reasons. Unless he's really got something to hide.

(CUE THE "But but but President Bush!" REMARKS)[/QUOTE]

[B]UPDATE: An Obama Transition Team aide says that Axelrod misspoke on Fox News Chicago.[/B]

[I]"Oh, that Axelrod ... back on November 23rd? He misspoke. Obama was not in close contact with the governor regarding his Senate successor, that was just Axelrod's imagination ... Obama, in fact, was unaware of anything."[/I]

Also remarkable is how fast the FBI acted ... think they sensed this scandal had nothing but growth potential or what?
    Last edited by sackdance; 12-09-2008 at 05:57 PM.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2901859]Wait a minute. Patrick Fitzgerald? The GOP must be mad, he is a bad U.S. Attorney, remember?[/QUOTE]

He does suck, but even a blind squirrel finds an [B]acorn [/B]every once in a while.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2902237]lol, come on... Even if Obama is clean in this controversy, how many times is he going to **** himself with the petty lying?

You're looking like a huge tool yourself Paulie...

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2902351][B]UPDATE: An Obama Transition Team aide says that Axelrod misspoke on Fox News Chicago.[/B]

[I]"Oh, that Axelrod ... back on November 23rd? He misspoke. Obama was not in close contact with the governor regarding his Senate successor, that was just Axelrod's imagination ... Obama, in fact, was unaware of anything."[/I]

Also remarkable is how fast the FBI acted ... think they sensed this scandal had nothing but growth potential or what?[/QUOTE]

Pretty sure they wanted to pick him up before he picked Obama's replacement.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Every azzhole in the country wants to talk to Obama right now. If you talk to someone does not implicate you automatically.

Can you show me a photo of Obama with Ayers? They were such great friends.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Patrick Fitzgerald said at the press conference there is no evidence that President-elect Obama had any discussions with the Governor concerning the vacant senate seat.

I'm a republican and I voted for McCain, but let's not act irresponsible and drag Obama into this scandal.

There appears to be no evidence to support that accusation.

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    Some word out there that Rahm Emmanuel may have tipped the Feds about Blago's ridiculous statements. Nothing conclusive though.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=JetsFanatic;2902436]Patrick Fitzgerald.[/QUOTE]

Ah, the very same Patrick Fitzgerald who knew the Plame leak came from Richard Armitage, first and foremost, and yet still went after ol' Scooter Libby anyway.

Yep, him I trust explicitly. The way he nailed Armitage to the wall, and got that long pris.....on, wait.:rolleyes:

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is why our politicians need MORE centralized power -- they are so gosh darn trust worthy. I can't wait to give up more freedoms so that THE MACHINE can do what's best for me.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Scooter Libby f'd himself and lied in a grand jury 3 separate times. How is that going after someone?

[QUOTE=Warfish;2902475]Ah, the very same Patrick Fitzgerald who knew the Plame leak came from Richard Armitage, first and foremost, and yet still went after ol' Scooter Libby anyway.

Yep, him I trust explicitly. The way he nailed Armitage to the wall, and got that long pris.....on, wait.:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oh yea, let Wall Street run the nation. Much better option.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2902494]This is why our politicians need MORE centralized power -- they are so gosh darn trust worthy. I can't wait to give up more freedoms so that THE MACHINE can do what's best for me.[/QUOTE]