Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: IL Governor Blagojevich Arrested for Possible Corruption (Merged x2)

[QUOTE=Tyler Durden;2902364]Pretty sure they wanted to pick him up before he picked Obama's replacement.[/QUOTE]
    Exactly, so the scandal wouldn't mature to even worse territory.

A smug punk who will become part of the duo of singing larks. He sure seemed confident though. If he can get more out of being quiet he will. If he can get more from spilling his guts he definitely will. Who will be offering the better deal? That's the question.

Greg Meeks (D-NY) on CNBC right now...what a HOAX

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Tucker134;2902935]Greg Meeks (D-NY) on CNBC right now...what a HOAX[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the play by play, Tucker. Riveting stuff...

ya know what this whole thing tells me?

The Obama administration is taking their responsibilities VERY seriously. it may not have been Rohm but whoever dropped a dime on this guy was not playing partisan politics.

It is a refreshing change, i don't see Cheney doing the same.

What a classy guy to F this, F that, F him!

Hall Of Fame
    Obama comes out of this smelling like a rose. But for those of you who don't like negroes....

ABC: Jackson is 'Candidate 5'

ABC News has a law enforcement source telling them that Jesse Jackson, Jr. is "Senate Candidate Five," the one who was -- according to Blagojevich -- willing to supply campaign cash in exchange for the Senate seat.

(This, incidentally, doesn't strike me as all that unusual in politics, or as obviously criminal as other things in the complaint -- though the crudeness with which Blagojevich discussed it was.)

ABC reports:

Jackson Jr. said "I don't know" when asked if he was Candidate #5, but said he was told "I am not a target of this investigation."

Jackson Jr. said he agreed to talk with federal investigators "as quickly as possible" after he consults with a lawyer.

The Congressman, a son of the famed civil rights leader, denied that anyone had been authorized to make payments or promises to the Governor on his behalf.

"It is impossible for someone on my behalf to have a conversation that would suggest any type of quid pro quo or any payments or offers," Jackson Jr. told ABC News. "An impossiblity to an absolute certainty."

[QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y;2903380]Obama comes out of this smelling like a rose. [/QUOTE]
    Right. It's the best development for him since he won the election. :rolleyes:

Even by Illinois standards, Blago is an unprecedented scumbag.

He tried to shake down a children's hospital for campaign cash. What a sleaze.

Bad governor, too.

I hope he goes away for a long, long time.

[QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y;2903380]Obama comes out of this smelling like a rose. But for those of you who don't like negroes....
    [/QUOTE]

Don't do this.

Schluberator & Gadfly ®
    Didn't he used to do guest spots on Mike and Mike in the morning? I know they used to talk to some politican from the midwest regularly.

Is Rahm embroiled in this mess? Nothing concrete yet, but the questions have been raised. From the Chicago Sun-Times...

[QUOTE]Is Emanuel the adviser on gov tape?
    MUM | Obama's chief of staff refuses to answer the question

December 11, 2008
    BY FRAN SPIELMAN AND ABDON M. PALLASCH Staff Reporters
    President-elect Barack Obama’s chief of staff, Rahm Emanuel, refused to take questions from reporters this morning about whether he was the Obama “advisor” named in the criminal complaint against Gov. Rod Blagojevich.

The complaint states Blagojevich wanted a promise of a high-level appointment or some other reward for Blagojevich in exchange for Blagojevich naming Obama’s friend Valerie Jarrett to replace him in the U.S. Senate.

Emanuel was uncharacteristically absent from Obama’s news conference this morning. He was spotted two hours later in the lobby of Chicago’s City Hall. He was there to listen to his two children performing in a concert with their school, Anshe Emet.

A Sun-Times reporter pressed him to comment about whether he was the emissary named in the criminal complaint.

“You’re wasting your time,” Emanuel said. “I’m not going to say a word to you. I’m going to do this with my children. Don't do that. I’m a father. I have two kids. I’m not going to do it.”

Asked, “Can’t you do both?” Emanuel replied, “I’m not as capable as you. I’m going to be a father. I’m allowed to be a father,” and he pushed the reporter’s digital recorder away.

Blagojevch was caught on tape saying that he wanted the Obama advisor in question to know what Blagojevich wanted in exchange for the Jarrett appointment.

Blagojevich said, “He asks me for the fifth CD thing, I want it to be in his head.” Emanuel represents the 5th Congressional District in Illinois.

No one in the Obama campaign or administration has been charged with any wrongdoing. Obama said this morning that none of his staff has had a hand in any dealmaking on his Senate replacement.[/QUOTE]