Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bush Says He Doubts Bible Literally True

Bush Says He Doubts Bible Literally True

[url]http://news.aol.com/article/bush-says-he-doubts-bible-literally-true/264531?icid=200100397x1215022060x1200954500[/url]

Dump

[QUOTE=Tucker134;2902607]Dump[/QUOTE]

That was a quick "reply". Why don't you read the friggin article or is this too deep for you?

Who cares.

All League
    dump

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=AceBoy;2902604][url]http://news.aol.com/article/bush-says-he-doubts-bible-literally-true/264531?icid=200100397x1215022060x1200954500[/url][/QUOTE]

R U scared

[QUOTE=thebigragu;2902623]R U scared[/QUOTE]

No terribly disappointed

Not a big deal..this was your first shot at Politics on JI...

[QUOTE=Tucker134;2902644]Not a big deal..this was your first shot at Politics on JI...[/QUOTE]

Not true Tucker. I've posted here before and thought this was news worthy, stimulating some discussion...oh well I'll go back to Landing Strip.

All Pro
    The scariest thing was finding out that 70% of respondents actually believe in creationism. We are a scientifically illiterate society. The French were right all along....

Board Moderator
    [QUOTE=AceBoy;2902657]Not true Tucker. I've posted here before and thought this was news worthy, stimulating some discussion...oh well I'll go back to Landing Strip.[/QUOTE]

We need fresh blood in this place.....don't turn back now.

We all play nice around here.

All League
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2903208]The scariest thing was finding out that 70% of respondents actually believe in creationism. We are a scientifically illiterate society. The French were right all along....[/QUOTE]

So move to France and live with Johnny Depp and the Frenchies.

I'm not even sure why this was posted. What point was being proved here?

I'd think even most church going Americans don't take the Bible literally. Is this some sort of criticism of Bush? If so, why?

Can someone explain to me?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=long island leprechaun;2903208]The scariest thing was finding out that 70% of respondents actually believe in creationism. We are a scientifically illiterate society. The French were right all along....[/QUOTE]

Indoctrination at its finest. Why think critically when you can be a sheep and have everything laid out for you in fairy tale fashion?

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=crazyeffinjetsfan;2903228]So move to France and live with Johnny Depp and the Frenchies.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=family guy]Ha ha ha! Oh gosh that's funny! That's really funny! Do you write your own material? Do you? Because that is so fresh. [B][I]{Move to France!}[/I][/B] You know, I've, I've never heard anyone make that joke before. Hmm. You're the first. I've never heard anyone reference, reference that [B][I]{after 2002}[/I][/B] before. God what a clever, smart [B][I]{boy}[/I][/B] you must be, to come up with a joke like that all by yourself. Any, any [B][I]{Freedom Fries}[/I][/B] jokes you want to throw at me too as long as we're hitting these phenomena at the height of their popularity. That's so fresh too...[/QUOTE]

:P
    Last edited by PlumberKhan; 12-10-2008 at 12:00 PM.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;2903281]I'm not even sure why this was posted. What point was being proved here?

I'd think even most church going Americans don't take the Bible literally. Is this some sort of criticism of Bush? If so, why?

Can someone explain to me?[/QUOTE]

Do those little polls after the article. Screw Bush, it's the American public that frightens me.....

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=Batmans A Scientist;2903281]I'm not even sure why this was posted. What point was being proved here?

Can someone explain to me?[/QUOTE]

Jeez, c'mon bro...

The point was to show religious fruitcake dummies that they have been being used for the past 8 years by the Republican Party. They don't give a rat's ass about religious crap, they just use the churchgoing masses penchant for believing sh*t that's made up to turn them into a solid voting block that doesn't ask questions about policy just as long as the candidate hate homos.

BTW, you would be surprised to see how many Americans believe the bible to be literal.

[QUOTE=cr726;2902617]Who cares.[/QUOTE]

WE AGREEEEEEE !!!!!!

All Pro
    [QUOTE=parafly;2903304]Indoctrination at its finest. Why think critically when you can be a sheep and have everything laid out for you in fairy tale fashion?[/QUOTE]

Funny, that could be said of those of the enlightenment era...why actually think about philosophical and theological things when you can run with the pack and say science can prove everything?

It's a b**ch when the ball can be played in both courts, isn't it?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2903598]Funny, that could be said of those of the enlightenment era...why actually think about philosophical and theological things when you can run with the pack and say science can prove everything?

It's a b**ch when the ball can be played in both courts, isn't it?[/QUOTE]

Well, I would argue that it can't be played in both courts.

On a fundamental level, science is all about critical thinking. In most cases, religion is the opposite. It's their way, or the highway (aka eternal damnation in hell).