Thread: Offers may be forthcoming for both Sheets and Burnett

Banned

Offers may be forthcoming for both Sheets and Burnett

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/yan...cash-duck.html

Unfortunately, Brian Cashman canceled his media session with the beat writers tonight, as he was away from the Bellagio. Apparently hes out meeting with agents, and from what Im told, offers may be forthcoming for both Ben Sheets (two years, $26 million) and A.J. Burnett (four years, $64-to-68 million).
    Something tells me this is message for CC to make a decision.

I worry we'd be paying Sheets to recover from TJ surgery.

All Pro
    I'm not in love with the idea of signing Sheets, but for 2 years you can't complain too much. We'll see. I do agree that this may be a message to CC to make up his mind.

Banned
    Being GM must be so goddamn fun.

LoHud

Yankees making a move on Sabathia?

DECEMBER 9

Interesting things going on:

Giants GM Brian Sabean said that CC Sabathia is a back-burner issue for his team. The Angels said roughly the same thing.

And it seems that tonight’s last-minute meeting that Brian Cashman dashed off to involves one CC Sabathia.

More to come as it becomes available.

Banned
    So Ca$hMoney and CC have met 3 times in 3 days... 3rd times a charm?

I have no idea if Peter's right or wrong regarding if the meeting is with CC, but this is from Graziano:

http://www.nj.com/yankees/

UPDATE (9:55 pm): OK, I think I have it now. Cashman did leave the hotel to meet with Burnett. But that's not the only meeting he has tonight. The person referenced in my first update, when I asked whether Cashman was meeting with Burnett, wrote back, "I think you need to pursue other ideas as well." Guess I took that "as well" to mean "instead." So initial post was correct, if incomplete, when it said Cashman was meeting with Burnett. Who else is he meeting with? Not sure. Could be Lowe, Teixeira. Still working on it. Bear with me. Thanks.

UPDATE (8:57 pm): A person familiar with the situation just told me the Cashman meeting may not be with Burnett after all. Another person suggested the meeting was with Derek Lowe, adding that it was definitely not with Sabathia or Sheets. I'll keep at it, folks. We'll get this yet.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffWeaverFan View Post
    I have no idea if Peter's right or wrong regarding if the meeting is with CC, but this is from Graziano:

http://www.nj.com/yankees/
    Newsday is reporting he's going to SF to meet CC and his wife.
    Last edited by Tyler Durden; 12-10-2008 at 12:06 AM.