Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So Yankee fans....

Hall Of Fame

So Yankee fans....

what happened to building your pitching? what happened to the youth movement? only took 1 year of sucky-ness to go from Hughes, Kennedy, Wang, Melky, Cano, Joba to trying to give away 300 million dollars to 3 or 4 overpaid free agents.

i am not complaining, the mets are as bad as the yankees are, but wasn't it part of the plan to suck for a few years in order to build up the young kids?

Hall Of Fame
    The plan was never to suck. The plan was to stay competitive while building the young pitching staff. I fail to see how signing Sabathia is any indication that the Yankees have given up on developing young pitching. Hughes, Joba, Kennedy, Cox, Melancon etc etc are all still a part of the organization and will be given opportunities to prove themselves.

Please try again.

Veteran
    Well they haven't traded them away. Yet anyway.

Most Yankees fans were against TRADING younger players..... Not signing FA.. I'm still pretty much against trading younger guys, unless we get a young stud in place. I don't want to get old players. CC is 28 yrs old so he was a good signing.

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    what happened to building your pitching? what happened to the youth movement? only took 1 year of sucky-ness to go from Hughes, Kennedy, Wang, Melky, Cano, Joba to trying to give away 300 million dollars to 3 or 4 overpaid free agents.

i am not complaining, the mets are as bad as the yankees are, but wasn't it part of the plan to suck for a few years in order to build up the young kids?
    Everyone here already has stated the thought process and reasoning...nice try douche

Hall Of Fame
    Boo this thread.

Rookie
    Obviously the youth movement hasnt panned out. This is the Yankees. A team that will buy championships. Spend any amount of $ on veteran talent. I definetly see the Yanks trading Cano, Melkey, & Kennedy in the near future.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by Heineken08 View Post
    Obviously the youth movement hasnt panned out. This is the Yankees. A team that will buy championships. Spend any amount of $ on veteran talent. I definetly see the Yanks trading Cano, Melkey, & Kennedy in the near future.
    Melkey is almost untradeable at this point.

All Pro

Shouldn't you still be too busy being ashamed of your teams' back to back collapse's to worry about the Yankees?

All Pro

When did the Yanks ever say they wanted to or were willing to suck for a few years? All those guys you listed are still there.

The Yankees brought in a 28 year old stud pitcher. That isn't old. I hope they do not bring in Lowe, but we'll see. Swisher, 1 year deal, not old. Ankie (if true) not old, 1 year left on current deal. How are those bad moves? Even if the players don't do much, they are 1 year deals to plug holes.

Hall Of Fame
    I give the Brewers credit, they knew they weren't going to re-sign him, so they
    didn't care if they wore his arm out or not.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    The plan was never to suck. The plan was to stay competitive while building the young pitching staff. I fail to see how signing Sabathia is any indication that the Yankees have given up on developing young pitching. Hughes, Joba, Kennedy, Cox, Melancon etc etc are all still a part of the organization and will be given opportunities to prove themselves.

Please try again.
    The rumors are out there that the Yankees are looking to bring in Burnett and Lowe for something like 120+million between them....that being the case where are you starting Kennedy, Joba (assuming he starts, unless he is a reliever for good) and Hughes? also it really doesn't sound like Melky is keeping his job....who knows about Cano if he doesn't start well.

As far as the "plan" there were plenty of Yankee fans on this board, saying i am willing to not make the playoffs for a few years in order to build up the young guys...which now seems like its out the windows and the Yankees of the past 10 years are back in full force.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by gqxluvx View Post
    Everyone here already has stated the thought process and reasoning...nice try douche
    are you still looking for a new football team to root for? you know "as a joke"...

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by brady's a catcher View Post
    Shouldn't you still be too busy being ashamed of your teams' back to back collapse's to worry about the Yankees?
    umm no

Hall Of Fame
    I think i am making a valid point here...and you guys are acting like 12 year old girls. Aren't these types of deals what got the Yankees into trouble in the first place? Ill give you CC, although he was pretty bad in the AL last season...but Lowe? Burnett? Sheets....are bad signings waiting for happen.

Hall Of Fame
    The rumors are out there that the Yankees are looking to bring in Burnett and Lowe for something like 120+million between them....that being the case where are you starting Kennedy, Joba (assuming he starts, unless he is a reliever for good) and Hughes? also it really doesn't sound like Melky is keeping his job....who knows about Cano if he doesn't start well.

As far as the "plan" there were plenty of Yankee fans on this board, saying i am willing to not make the playoffs for a few years in order to build up the young guys...which now seems like its out the windows and the Yankees of the past 10 years are back in full force.
    It's like you're addicted to FAIL.

Melky was never a major part of the "plan". And Cano isn't going anywhere.

They're focusing on pitching. Their best young position players are at least 2 seasons away still. Meanwhile, they have been and will continue to keep drafting and signing high-upside pitchers. You can never have enough pitching. Ever. Starters AND relievers. The bigger the pool, the better the odds of good and great pitchers rising to the top. The Yankees aren't trying to build a dominant pitching staff from 1-5. There are going for a dominant 1-12.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Guido Monzino View Post
    It's like you're addicted to FAIL.

Melky was never a major part of the "plan". And Cano isn't going anywhere.

They're focusing on pitching. Their best young position players are at least 2 seasons away still. Meanwhile, they have been and will continue to keep drafting and signing high-upside pitchers. You can never have enough pitching. Ever. Starters AND relievers. The bigger the pool, the better the odds of good and great pitchers rising to the top. The Yankees aren't trying to build a dominant pitching staff from 1-5. There are going for a dominant 1-12.
    lol now the milk man was never part of the plan? anyways....so where are you starting jobe and hughes once you are done signing every pitcher on the market asking for 10+ mil a year. I assume Kennedy is no longer part of "the plan"...

Veteran
    are you still looking for a new football team to root for? you know "as a joke"...
    this thread just proves what a tool you are...dont you have a piece of crap blackberry to go waste money on?

Hall Of Fame
    lol now the milk man was never part of the plan? anyways....so where are you starting jobe and hughes once you are done signing every pitcher on the market asking for 10+ mil a year.
    Melky was never expected to the the centerfielder of the future. He was a callup who added some energy to the team for a while, got a little popularity with the fans and was ultimately exposed for what the Yanks always thought he was: a guy with a nice glove and that's all. NEVER were they counting on him to be the everyday centerfielder. Johnny Damon was signed to hold the fort until Austin Jackson and/or Brett Gardner stepped up. Turned out Damon was no longer able to play center, so that was a mistake. But to think Melky was expected to be the full-time answer shows little knowledge of this team.

I'm not worried about Joba and Hughes. Joba will play a MAJOR role on this roster and I expect Hughes will pitch his way into signifcant inning this season as well.

All Pro
    I think i am making a valid point here...and you guys are acting like 12 year old girls. Aren't these types of deals what got the Yankees into trouble in the first place? Ill give you CC, although he was pretty bad in the AL last season...but Lowe? Burnett? Sheets....are bad signings waiting for happen.
    I think Lowe is bad if they sign him. Sheets at 2 or 3 years is good. I fear for Burnett. But he's not signed yet either. Pettite for a year is great (if he is healthy).

CC is a great signing. The 7th year is a bit much, but that's more like when they signed Moose the first time around. The Mussina signing was a great one, and paid dividends for years.