View Poll Results: Would you vote for me?

Voters
27. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

16 59.26%
  • No

6 22.22%
  • Undecided/depends on opponent

5 18.52%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So I'm Seriously Considering Running For Congress

So I'm Seriously Considering Running For Congress

Anyone want to donate to the campaign fund? :D

Seriously, though - I live in Oceanside, which is partially in Carolyn McCarthy's Third Congressional District and partially in Peter King's Fourth Congressional District. King just announced he intends to run for Hillary Clinton's soon to be reoccupied Senate seat in 2010 - which means there's suddenly no incumbent.

So, knowing what you know about me, would you vote for me? And if I were running in your district, what issues would you be interested in hearing my positions on?

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2903411]Anyone want to donate to the campaign fund? :D

Seriously, though - I live in Oceanside, which is partially in Carolyn McCarthy's Third Congressional District and partially in Peter King's Fourth Congressional District. King just announced he intends to run for Hillary Clinton's soon to be reoccupied Senate seat in 2010 - which means there's suddenly no incumbent.

So, knowing what you know about me, would you vote for me? And if I were running in your district, what issues would you be interested in hearing my positions on?[/QUOTE]

If you are serious, first thing I'd do is to have Sooth erase all of your old posts. There isn't one of us here who hasn't looked mean-spirited, racist, or perverted at some point.

[QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y;2903420]If you are serious, first thing I'd do is to have Sooth erase all of your old posts. There isn't one of us here who hasn't looked mean-spirited, racist, or perverted at some point.[/QUOTE]

x2. Great point Timmy.

I don't live in NY, but I would probably vote for you, Doggin. You're one of the most rational, level-headed thinkers on here when it comes to politics. Although, I would have to see who you're running against, of course.

Board Moderator
    [QUOTE=Timmy-y-y-y;2903420]If you are serious, first thing I'd do is to have Sooth erase all of your old posts. There isn't one of us here who hasn't looked mean-spirited, racist, or perverted at some point.[/QUOTE]

Already print screened every one of his posts.

Can't wait to use them in some dodgy way when the time is right.....;);)

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Vilma;2903433]Already print screened every one of his posts.

Can't wait to use them in some dodgy way when the time is right.....;);)[/QUOTE]

Breaking news-Vilma Appointed to Fill Vacant Senate Seat-Unheralded Man Comes Out of Nowhere

All Pro
    I'd vote for you.

All Pro
    I would vote for you Doggin, but it really wouldn't matter because here in Canada, when you have a minority government, it doesn't matter who you vote for when the opposition party forms a coalition government to overthrow the elected one and take a majority, so....

Jets Insider VIP
    What's your stance on the FairTax?;)

Board Moderator
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2903586]I would vote for you Doggin, but it really wouldn't matter because here in Canada, when you have a minority government, it doesn't matter who you vote for when the opposition party forms a coalition government to overthrow the elected one and take a majority, so....[/QUOTE]

Arrrgh, why does America Junior have a parliamentary system!!?

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Vilma;2903599]Arrrgh, why does America Junior have a parliamentary system!!?[/QUOTE]

I don't know, the two party system sure is working....

And why is it that Americans constantly like to belittle Canada by calling us AMerica junior? You did take history right, and you do know that we were a British colony? So, if you want to call us Britain Junior, that would be one thing, but we have no affiliation with the U.S.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2903607]I don't know, the two party system sure is working....

And why is it that Americans constantly like to belittle Canada by calling us AMerica junior? You did take history right, and you do know that we were a British colony? So, if you want to call us Britain Junior, that would be one thing, but we have no affiliation with the U.S.[/QUOTE]

I call it America's hat. Better?

Board Moderator
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2903607]I don't know, the two party system sure is working....

And why is it that Americans constantly like to belittle Canada by calling us AMerica junior? You did take history right, and you do know that we were a British colony? So, if you want to call us Britain Junior, that would be one thing, but we have no affiliation with the U.S.[/QUOTE]

LOL, it was Simpsons reference. They had to go visit Toronto for some reason, and Homer says "Why do we have to leave America to go America Junior?"

Obviously there are many differences, but, the reference is more of a poke at the many similarities Americans and Canadians share as a culture, society and as allies.

Jets Insider VIP

Its cuz your beer sucks

Hall Of Fame
    [QUOTE=Guido Monzino;2903626]Its cuz your beer sucks[/QUOTE]

And Alexander Graham Bell was a Scot who then became, and died, an American citizen. So stop stealing our(or Scotland's) inventions.

kidding:D

Board Moderator

Double majored in history by the way.

I was taught that French colonists setup the first outposts in Canada and later ceded them to the English.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=doggin94it;2903411]Anyone want to donate to the campaign fund? :D

So, knowing what you know about me, would you vote for me? And if I were running in your district, what issues would you be interested in hearing my positions on?[/QUOTE]

I could vote for you though it's hard to keep you and SMC straight. i think it's the pictures of the kids that throw me off.

Depending on who you're running against you definitely be my choice over the majority of JI posters.:yes:

[QUOTE=The Crusher;2903647]I could vote for you though it's hard to keep you and SMC straight. i think it's the pictures of the kids that throw me off.

Depending on who you're running against you definitely be my choice over the majority of JI posters.:yes:[/QUOTE]

What if he ran against SMC?

Board Moderator
    How will you spend the money President Obama will give your district for public works projects?

Considering you've never run from defending your positions while doing do in a civil and eloquent manner, you're extremely knowledgable in foreign and domestic affairs, as well as based on knowing you personally am quite certain that you'd adhere to ethical standards (sans possibly a few latke dinners), and are certainly educated enough for the position, yes.

If memory serves correctly, you've been considering this for a long time now and have blogged about it several times in the past. Honestly D, you should give it a shot since it's clearly what you want and there's a good chance that you'll regret it down the line if you don't.

All Pro
    You're too honest and rational to be a politician. Do something productive for society... open a safe-sex brothel....:D