Virtual Locks

Closer - Francisco Rodriguez (R)
    8th- J.J. Putz (R)
    7th-
    MR-
    MR-
    LS-
    LR-
    Last edited by JV51; 12-11-2008 at 01:12 AM.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Still complete sh-t, even with K-Rod in there. Smith is an average middle reliever and everyone else sucks balls. So help me God if Omar goes into this season relying on what he did last year, I'm going to murder a small to medium sized Asian family.

Hall Of Fame
    I think Joe is pretty solid. He's young as well. We need more power pitchers.

Rumors

LAS VEGAS -- The Mets are looking at the Pirates' Matt Capps and a few others in addition to Colorado's Huston Street as they begin to focus on a set-up man to front new closer Francisco Rodriguez. One problem the Mets are encountering, though, is that teams are insisting on young lefthanded pitching prospect Jon Niese, whom the Mets do not want to trade, in return.

The Rockies' rejected the Mets' offer of Aaron Heilman for Street, but perhaps those talks can be resurrected. The Mets also bleived to have talked to the Cubs and Mariners about relief help.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    I think Joe is pretty solid. He's young as well. We need more power pitchers.

Rumors
    Let Hielman go already...if you get Street in return, great!

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post
    Still complete sh-t, even with K-Rod in there. Smith is an average middle reliever and everyone else sucks balls. So help me God if Omar goes into this season relying on what he did last year, I'm going to murder a small to medium sized Asian family.
    Clint Eastwood?

Hall Of Fame
    Virtual Locks

8th-
    7th-
    MR- Joe Smith (R)
    MR-
    LS-
    LR-

We need a lot more arms! Any rumors and news I see, I will put in here.
    i would bring back both Sanchez and Feliciano and even Scott Schoeneweis....they were not the problem.

Undrafted Free Agent
    What are peoples feelings on Eddie Kunz?

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by jets1981 View Post
    What are peoples feelings on Eddie Kunz?
    He has no second pitch.

Hall Of Fame
    He has no second pitch.
    word....but he does have potential....

All Pro
    If the Mets can add Street that would be a nice signing. If he could back to his Oakland days the Mets would have an awsome 1 - 2 punch to close out games. At one point Street looked as though he was the best young closer in the game.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    i would bring back both Sanchez and Feliciano and even Scott Schoeneweis....they were not the problem.
    sanchez has lost it, the only hope is he was still recovering last year and his arm has built up strentgh

as for the other 2 they are both LOOGYs and only one of them should be on the team. They are both decent , Me i would prefer Feliciano, but all in all its basically the same.

Hall Of Fame
    I think most people need to realize that we're not going to have 6 new relievers next season, nor should we. Truth is we have some guys who have been very good in the past, with a nice track record, who should rebound from their poor showing in 2008. I'm of course talking about mainly Heilman and Feliciano, and to a lesser extent Sanchez, who quite honestly wasn't really bad last year. We shouldn't just give these guys away and spend big bucks replacing them. I have no problem moving them, but get fair compensation in return if you do so.

What we should do is shore up the back end of the bullpen with someone like a Street or Capps and another reliever, preferrably a Lefty who can get Righties out, but I can't figure out who fits that bill, and fill out the rest with either internal options or on a few low risk guys (Rule 5, Waivers, a couple Minor League Deals, and a guy like Chad Cordero who might come on a heavily incentive-laden deal because of his health questions).

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by AnthonySerp View Post
    sanchez has lost it, the only hope is he was still recovering last year and his arm has built up strentgh
    It's hard to say with Sanchez, because there's almost no comparibles to his situation. His injury was not baseball related, thus it's hard to say if he will continue to regain strength, and thus gain velocity in the future.

Still, a 4.32 ERA is not necessairily bad. It's average, but not bad. And, lets keep in mind that Sanchez was the one guy who was good to hitters from both sides of the plate. Even if he doesn't improve, there's no reason he can't be a 6th or 7th reliever on a good team.

as for the other 2 they are both LOOGYs and only one of them should be on the team. They are both decent , Me i would prefer Feliciano, but all in all its basically the same.
    Feliciano was fine against Righties in 06-07, his poor numbers against Righties seems to be a recent occurance. I'm hopeful that was more fluke then anything.

Banned
    AS VEGAS -- The Mets are looking at the Pirates' Matt Capps and a few others in addition to Colorado's Huston Street as they begin to focus on a set-up man to front new closer Francisco Rodriguez. One problem the Mets are encountering, though, is that teams are insisting on young lefthanded pitching prospect Jon Niese, whom the Mets do not want to trade, in return.

The Rockies' rejected the Mets' offer of Aaron Heilman for Street, but perhaps those talks can be resurrected. The Mets also bleived to have talked to the Cubs and Mariners about relief help.
    I would think Street for Heilman would be a no brainer..

Hall Of Fame
    Virtual Locks

8th-
    7th-
    MR- Joe Smith (R)
    MR-
    LS-
    LR-

We need a lot more arms! Any rumors and news I see, I will put in here.
    update pleaseeee

All Pro
    Unless they add someone else like Cordero

K-Rod
    Putz
    Stokes
    Green
    Sanchez
    Feliciano
    Schowenweis

Quote Originally Posted by Bay Ridge Jet View Post
    Unless they add someone else like Cordero

K-Rod
    Putz
    Stokes
    Green
    Sanchez
    Feliciano
    Schowenweis
    Cordero is probably on his way. Omar has been talking to his agent for awhile but it depends on his recovery.

Ayala might as well be brought back cheap, he was solid for the most part.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Quote Originally Posted by RutgersJetFan View Post

You're an idiot, case closed.

Hall Of Fame
    More Pen More Pen More Pen

All League
    Putz signing is final as per ESPN NEWS

YES !!