Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: True Christians Against Christmas

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like

True Christians Against Christmas

You know, every good idea those pesky athiests come up with to attack those superstitious Christians seems to come from the horse's mouth.... Sorry, guys, you'll have to put away all that tinsel and those flashing lights. It's all off limits to a true Christian....

[url]http://www.jesus-is-lord.com/christm3.htm[/url]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Christmas is a materialistic sham. It would be heaps better if gifts weren't part of the equation.

Thanksgiving >>> Christmas

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Now that you are over 20 and have no kids. Christmas is about the kids. Let them believe there are good people in world, besides their parents.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2904120]Christmas is a materialistic sham. It would be heaps better if gifts weren't part of the equation.

Thanksgiving >>> Christmas[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2904220]Now that you are over 20 and have no kids. Christmas is about the kids. Let them believe there are good people in world, besides their parents.[/QUOTE]

For most Americans, it's about getting sh*t. Gimme gimme gimme. No one can deny how materialistic our society has become. We rack up credit card debt for short-term gratification. Christmas is that personified.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I can't argue with you, but once you have kids it changes.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2904239]For most Americans, it's about getting sh*t. Gimme gimme gimme. No one can deny how materialistic our society has become. We rack up credit card debt for short-term gratification. Christmas is that personified.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2904248]I can't argue with you, but once you have kids it changes.[/QUOTE]

And not necessarily for the better. I think we'd be better off with another Thanksgiving instead of Christmas.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, BB, Christmas has another name: "stimulus package!" :D

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you love T-day as a 8 year old kid? Sitting around with grown ups and eating?

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2904263]And not necessarily for the better. I think we'd be better off with another Thanksgiving instead of Christmas.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2904301]Did you love T-day as a 8 year old kid? Sitting around with grown ups and eating?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, getting **** for Christmas made me such a better person.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2904322]Yeah, getting **** for Christmas made me such a better person.[/QUOTE]

Man, you are no fun.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    What are you talking about? I asked a simple question and it has nothing to do with being a better person.

Wow.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2904322]Yeah, getting **** for Christmas made me such a better person.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2904331]What are you talking about? I asked a simple question and it has nothing to do with being a better person.

Wow.[/QUOTE]

Yes, I loved it at the time. But I was a kid, and didn't know jack ****. If kids ruled the world, we'd sit around all day watching cartoons.

Enjoying presents as a kid doesn't mean that Christmas wouldn't be better off with less materialism.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    There's nothing wrong with a few gifts for kids. But people overdo it. Ruins everything.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=FF2;2904388]But people overdo it. Ruins everything.[/QUOTE]
    This also aptly describes the 1000th religious thread in a Politics/World Events forum. Unlike probably most every media outlet and discussion forum on the Internet, JI seems far more interested in the "War Against Christmas, version 20.08" than in the intrigue surrounding a governor caught by the FBI trying to sell the seat of a President-elect.

We have a decided plurality that agrees with the concept separation of church and state; wouldn't a separate forum for religion be a relief?

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2904338]Yes, I loved it at the time. But I was a kid, and didn't know jack ****. If kids ruled the world, we'd sit around all day watching cartoons.

Enjoying presents as a kid doesn't mean that Christmas wouldn't be better off with less materialism.[/QUOTE]

Who says it can't be? My wife and I limit the amount we spend on our kids, we make sure we give more to those in need at this time of year, we spend Xmas Eve at my in-laws farm, have Christmas brunch with family followed by Xmas dinner, and then the family goes up to the cottage to spend the whole week together.

MANY people (especially in Europe) do not focus on the material aspects of Xmas...that is a North American phenomenon invented to sell more goods at cheap prices...it was keeps us all going don't you know!

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=sackdance;2904424]This also aptly describes the 1000th religious thread in a Politics/World Events forum. Unlike probably most every media outlet and discussion forum on the Internet, JI seems far more interested in the "War Against Christmas, version 20.08" than in the intrigue surrounding a governor caught by the FBI trying to sell the seat of a President-elect.

We have a decided plurality that agrees with the concept separation of church and state; wouldn't a separate forum for religion be a relief?[/QUOTE]

I hope I'm not lumped in here. People absolutely have the right to act like greedy simpletons in a pagan fashion.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=CanadaSteve;2904426]Who says it can't be? My wife and I limit the amount we spend on our kids, we make sure we give more to those in need at this time of year, we spend Xmas Eve at my in-laws farm, have Christmas brunch with family followed by Xmas dinner, and then the family goes up to the cottage to spend the whole week together.

MANY people (especially in Europe) do not focus on the material aspects of Xmas...that is a North American phenomenon invented to sell more goods at cheap prices...it was keeps us all going don't you know![/QUOTE]
    There are certainly exceptions. I was speaking on a macro basis. I still think all of these things could be accomplished without gifts. Look at the Thanksgiving drives.

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2904239]For most Americans, it's about getting sh*t. Gimme gimme gimme. No one can deny how materialistic our society has become. We rack up credit card debt for short-term gratification. Christmas is that personified.[/QUOTE]

You and me have to get drunk.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=32green;2904491]You and me have to get drunk.[/QUOTE]

Any time man. I may be an ornery ol' crank online, but that's because I don't want it to bleed into the rest of my life.

Speaking of, it really is a b*tch that co-workers Facebook you now. There's some things on there they probably wouldn't approve of.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2904220]Now that you are over 20 and have no kids. Christmas is about the kids. Let them believe there are good people in world, besides their parents.[/QUOTE]

true that!