Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Ad from the Big 3 - Read the Fine Print!

Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Piper;2904967]Democrats gotta take care of the union voters, right?

Even if they are making $78/hr to put a sticker on a car!![/QUOTE]

From what I heard watching a cnbc show called "saving GM". GM is buying off these $55/Hr workers and replacing them with $14/Hr workers to compete.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2905293]By the way, to me, $55-75/hour IS rich. It's far more than I make, and I [U]guarantee[/U] you I work just as hard if not harder than these auto-workers do.[/QUOTE]

$135,000 is far more than I make but I still don't consider it rich in America today.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2906225]Ummmm. Ok? That's great...

At least you don't have a political party motivated in mob form to hate you...[/QUOTE]

As opposed to a party that is in the pockets of the unions and wants to pass a bailout bill that isn't deserved?

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2905875]What was our country built on?
    Times have changed, but we no longer care if we make anything anymore. The shareholders are more important than our country's health.

Sad.[/QUOTE]

Capital will flow to where it is more efficient. We don't make as much stuff any more because others can do it for cheaper. That's reality. We can cry for the milk man, or we can become more efficient.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    This country has become efficient at manipulating numbers. We do this to make more money than we need. The shareholder is more important than the truth.
    Reality, no one deals in reality when it comes to making money. When the truth does come into play it is too late.

It's all BS in the end and we are suffering for it now and in the long run it will destroy what is left of our country.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2906582]Capital will flow to where it is more efficient. We don't make as much stuff any more because others can do it for cheaper. That's reality. We can cry for the milk man, or we can become more efficient.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2906646]This country has become efficient at manipulating numbers. We do this to make more money than we need. The shareholder is more important than the truth.
    Reality, no one deals in reality when it comes to making money. When the truth does come into play it is too late.

It's all BS in the end and we are suffering for it now and in the long run it will destroy what is left of our country.[/QUOTE]

What is the truth?

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    The true data, that is manipulated for whatever the current CEO wants to show for the time being.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2906656]What is the truth?[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2906695]The true data, that is manipulated for whatever the current CEO wants to show for the time being.[/QUOTE]

Ok. That doesn't change the fact that efficiency and costs matter. If a company needs to cut payroll to succeed, that's what it should do. It's better than neglecting costs like the Big 3 and endangering the entire company. Much more jobs are lost in that scenario.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also, CEOs never manipulated anything in the past? I love the good ol' glory days...

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree and that is why the truthful numbers are hidden the majority of the time.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2906701]Ok. That doesn't change the fact that efficiency and costs matter. If a company needs to cut payroll to succeed, that's what it should do. It's better than neglecting costs like the Big 3 and endangering the entire company. Much more jobs are lost in that scenario.[/QUOTE]

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Absolutely they tried to, but that was a time when people still believed in company first.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2906706]Also, CEOs never manipulated anything in the past? I love the good ol' glory days...[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2906712]Absolutely they tried to, but that was a time when people still believed in company first.[/QUOTE]

Riiiiiiiiiiight. People weren't greedy until recently. Got it. There must be something in the water.

That a Water Utility CEO planted there.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Guess what, everybody needs to look out for themselves first. Employees certainly do, companies certainly do.

If companies do, they'll grow and be able to hire more people. If management makes poor decisions, they'll lose money. If the decisions are the right ones and people lose jobs, that's what should happen.

It's the best way to do it. Crappy companies go away, and profitable companies are rewarded. Unless you're a government statist, and believe the government should reward crappy companies.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am speaking about when companies gave a sh@t about the country. You know making quality products and taking care of their employees.

This country makes nothing, we allow China to make us crap products, poison our pets and kids. Oh yea and buy up our debt and pretend they are not a communist country and exploit their own people.

Great stuff and you are worried about Christmas.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2906714]Riiiiiiiiiiight. People weren't greedy until recently. Got it. There must be something in the water.

That a Water Utility CEO planted there.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2906750]I am speaking about when companies gave a sh@t about the country. You know making quality products and taking care of their employees.

This country makes nothing, we allow China to make us crap products, poison our pets and kids. Oh yea and buy up our debt and pretend they are not a communist country and exploit their own people.

Great stuff and you are worried about Christmas.[/QUOTE]

I'm not worried about Christmas. I just recognize that Thanksgiving is greater than Christmas due to the lack of gifts. That doesn't mean I don't think people have the right to be greedy. Of course they do, even if I don't agree with it.

Companies should be company first. Again, that's how you grow and hire more people. Not by neglecting profit. That's what they are there for. If we didn't bail out failing companies, this would be more apparent.

We don't make more products because it's simply not cost-effective to do so. If there was money to be made in it, people would do it. It costs too much.

Yes, we should make sure that our imports are not hazardous. Fine. That does not conflict with my point one bit. China exploits their people, sure. That's something they have to work out. It has nothing to do with us.

I'm sure there are things China doesn't agree with about our country. Guess what, it has nothing to do with them. None of their business. It's our job to fix our problems and their job to fix theirs.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    That is laughable that what happens in China has nothing to do with us.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2906764]I'm not worried about Christmas. I just recognize that Thanksgiving is greater than Christmas due to the lack of gifts. That doesn't mean I don't think people have the right to be greedy. Of course they do, even if I don't agree with it.

Companies should be company first. Again, that's how you grow and hire more people. Not by neglecting profit. That's what they are there for. If we didn't bail out failing companies, this would be more apparent.

We don't make more products because it's simply not cost-effective to do so. If there was money to be made in it, people would do it. It costs too much.

Yes, we should make sure that our imports are not hazardous. Fine. That does not conflict with my point one bit. China exploits their people, sure. That's something they have to work out. It has nothing to do with us.

I'm sure there are things China doesn't agree with about our country. Guess what, it has nothing to do with them. None of their business. It's our job to fix our problems and their job to fix theirs.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2906783]That is laughable that what happens in China has nothing to do with us.[/QUOTE]

That's all you could ascertain from my post. Good job there.

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yea, you got it.

[QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2906790]That's all you could ascertain from my post. Good job there.[/QUOTE]

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=cr726;2906802]Yea, you got it.[/QUOTE]

Well, it really has little to do with how companies should operate more efficiently, even if it means cutting jobs. Just because a job exists doesn't mean that it should be around.

As for China, I'm the last guy to take away freedoms, so you know I think their situation is terrible. And if people don't want to trade with China personally, go for it. That's your right. But the government should not get involved.

China has actually enjoyed a greater quality of life since their capital markets become more free. This is why our policy towards Cuba has been such a disaster. If we really cared about Cubans, we'd realize the best way to help them is through mutual trade.

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a really complicated issue that I think is being over-simplified..

If American companies need to outsource good paying jobs to cheap foreign labor in order to compete, at what point do American citizens no longer make enough money to buy all the **** they're trying to sell??

Actually, maybe it happened about 15 years ago, but luckily all these new debt instruments were available to allow us to outspend our earnings..

Jets Insider VIP
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with what you have posted here. How can a consumption based economy survive if there is not enough jobs that pay well enough to keep on consuming. In the long run it can't last.

[QUOTE=CTM;2906921]This is a really complicated issue that I think is being over-simplified..

If American companies need to outsource good paying jobs to cheap foreign labor in order to compete, at what point do American citizens no longer make enough money to buy all the **** they're trying to sell??

Actually, maybe it happened about 15 years ago, but luckily all these new debt instruments were available to allow us to outspend our earnings..[/QUOTE]