Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lupica's blind hatred for the Yankees rears it ugly head once again

Banned

Lupica's blind hatred for the Yankees rears it ugly head once again

This guy doesn't even try to hide his hatred for the Yankees.

Whatever sells papers I guess..

Banned
    Anything to try to rain on the Yankees parade. I never really liked Lupica anyway, to me he's the most annoying part of the Sports Reporters on Sunday morning.

Veteran
    I know he hates the Yankees...but I think he hates EVERYTHING and EVERYONE in general..that his schtick...he is an arrogant thinks he knows it all schmo..

Hall Of Fame
    Wow, that is extreme sour grapes right there.

How could anyone not be happy about landing a top 5, if not the not the best pitcher in the game?

New York is ruthless.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruby2 View Post
    Wow, that is extreme sour grapes right there.

How could anyone not be happy about landing a top 5, if not the not the best pitcher in the game?

New York is ruthless.
    It's really disappointing that people assume that what the media writes is what the majority of the fan base is feeling.

All League
    He may not be Johan but he is definitely a top of the line Ace. I don't really understand how you can bash the signing, maybe the money...

Banned
    I pass on Johan again in a heart beat. We got CC and didn't give up any top prospects.

I am not so sure if I would pass on Johan again. Granted last year I did not want to part with Hughes, but I would have done the final offer of Kennedy/Cabrera/Something Else. People on here praised Alan Horne, who could have been the third piece in a deal. Well Horn is not even on the 40 man roster and still won't get picked up in the Rule 5 Draft today.

They didn't give up any prospects for CC but had to pay more than $30 million more for him. Plus the package the major part of the package that would have landed Santana is now probably heading to Milwaukee for Cameron/Bill Hall.

Practice Squad
    Lupica's blind hatred for the Yankees rears it ugly head once again
    Maybe it's your blind homerism as a Yankee fan. I agree with Lupica that Santana is a better pitcher than CC and if you had Santana last year the Skanks may have made the playoffs.

Still can't figure out why the Skanks bid against themselves at a $60M premium to the next highest bid for CC.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mudcat21 View Post

Maybe it's your blind homerism as a Yankee fan. I agree with Lupica that Santana is a better pitcher than CC and if you had Santana last year the Skanks may have made the playoffs.

Still can't figure out why the Skanks bid against themselves at a $60M premium to the next highest bid for CC.
    Shocking..

and if we had CC last year.. we might have what? Won the World Series?

Last edited by Tyler Durden; 12-11-2008 at 12:52 PM.

Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    I pass on Johan again in a heart beat. We got CC and didn't give up any top prospects.
    +1

Santana wouldn't have helped the '08 Yankees get over the top. That team was more than 1 pitcher short. Now they have that ace AND keep their young guys.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisrud View Post
    I am not so sure if I would pass on Johan again. Granted last year I did not want to part with Hughes, but I would have done the final offer of Kennedy/Cabrera/Something Else. People on here praised Alan Horne, who could have been the third piece in a deal. Well Horn is not even on the 40 man roster and still won't get picked up in the Rule 5 Draft today.

They didn't give up any prospects for CC but had to pay more than $30 million more for him. Plus the package the major part of the package that would have landed Santana is now probably heading to Milwaukee for Cameron/Bill Hall.
    That deal wouldn't have gotten it done. That's a horrible package even at this time last off-season.

Banned

Final offers included Kennedy and Wang together and Hughes and Melky together.

But who gives a crap.. we have all of them + CC now.

Hall Of Fame
    And had you traded for Johan you still wouldn't have given up any top prospects

Banned
    And had you traded for Johan you still wouldn't have given up any top prospects
    I don't get it?

I believe they wanted Wang also for Santana from us... I think it was Wang or Cano and Hughes, Kennedy, Melky. Something like that.

Hall Of Fame
    I don't get it?
    I was implying that the prospects offered were not top ones.

Final offers included Kennedy and Wang together and Hughes and Melky together.

But who gives a crap.. we have all of them + CC now.
    Exactly. I rather have CC and Wang at the top of a rotation rather than just Johan. I mean Wang was a very good pitcher, 19 game winner type pitcher. Now with CC up there we have a killer 1-2 punch. Not to mention us getting Burnett who would be a killer day 3 pitcher.
    Our rotation is going to be sick this year.

Veteran
    I was implying that the prospects offered were not top ones.
    The prospects offered were not, the prospects requested were.

Hall Of Fame
    So wait you're really going to sit up here and say that Johan Santana isn't better then Sabathia and prospects? GTFO with that bull****.

Santana is the best pitcher in baseball.