Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caylee Anthony's Body Found?

Caylee Anthony's Body Found?

[url]http://www.newsday.com/iphone/orl-bk-caylee-anthony-body-found-121108,0,7926553.story[/url]

[QUOTE]From Orlando Sentinel

Caylee Anthony
    'Remains appear to be Caylee Anthony', says searcher

Walter Pacheco, Bianca Prieto, Sarah Lundy and Amy L. Edwards | Sentinel Staff Writer
    3:18 PM EST, December 11, 2008

EquuSearch's leader said sheriff's office investigator thinks the remains found today belong to missing toddler Caylee Marie Anthony.

Tim Miller, the founder and director of EquuSearch, said the remains "appear to be Caylee, but with any case, we have to wait until a positive ID is made."

"It looks like finally it's over with," Miller said.

Orange County deputies said a meter reader found the remains of a young child this morning in the area of S. Chickasaw Trail and Suburban Drive -- less than 1/4 mile from the Anthonys' home on Hopespring Drive. Spokesman Jim Solomons of the Orange County Sheriff's Office said the remains were found in a bag.

Todd Black, the spokesman for Casey Anthony's defense attorney, said the utility worker picked up the bag and a skull rolled out of it. Residents said duct tape was found around the skull, but those reports have not been confirmed by law-enforcement official.

"We certainly hope it isn't [related to the Anthony case]," Black said. "If it is, it is a sad day."

At the scene, Orange County Sheriff Kevin Beary said, "we are trying to put it all together." The sheriff also said there are no other cases of missing children in Orange County.

Beary said the FBI was notified and their investigators told him the discovery is a top priority for the agency's lab.

WKMG-TV reported that the medical examiner's van just left the scene, carrying the remains.

Dr. Lee Jantz, coordinator of the forensic anthropology center at the University of Tennessee, told the Associated Press that it is more difficult to identify a child's body than an adult's.

Jantz said the first thing medical examiners will do is compare photos of the child with the skull, in hopes of making a bone structure comparison. In high-profile cases the DNA of the bones will also be tested.

Anthony's defense attorney Jose Baez, walked out of Orange County Jail shortly after 1:33 p.m. and he was surrounded by media cameras and reporters. He would not speak about the remains. He said he would comment later today.

EquuSearch volunteer Deborah Smith said she searched the area three times and had "a bad feeling" because Anthony had mentioned her daughter was nearby.

"It still feels like she's, she's close to home," Anthony told her brother Lee Anthony in a recorded telephone conversation in July. "That's still my best feeling at the moment."

Smith said the area where the remains were found is "really wet and steep and there's lots of snakes back there."

Three-year-old Caylee Marie Anthony was reported missing July 15. Anthony was indicted in October on first-degree murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child and four counts of providing false information to law enforcement.

Anthony is being held without bail at the Orange County Jail.

Cindy and George Anthony have insisted that their granddaughter is alive.

Captain Angelo Nieves of the sheriff's office said investigators "right now cannot confirm the sex of the child." Nieves said lead investigator John Allen called George and Cindy Anthony about the discovery. The Orange County Jail was also notified.

Nieves said forensic detectives are inspecting the remains. A medical examiner and FBI detectives are also at the scene.

Sheriff's office patrol cars are blocking Suburban Drive at Hopespring Drive. Yellow crime scene tape surrounds a section of woods near the intersection.

EquuSearch spokeswoman Mandy Albritton said their workers did not check that location earlier because it was submerged in water when they had looked in September. When they returned in November, the site had been fenced off.

Check back for updates.
    [/QUOTE]

If the mother is guilty, fry the b*tch.

I'd pay good money to pull the switch....

All League
    This sociopathic pig was out partying wth her homies in a club only a week or so after her child was "missing"....She has never showed any signs of concern or worry about her child....I have a daughter of the same age and I would be a ****ing relentless animal unitl I found her, as would my wife.

Ugh, that's sickening. And so sad.

The number of people not fit to live is growing at an amazing rate

[IMG]http://www.supernannyrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/caylee-anthony-nc.jpg[/IMG]

Beautiful little girl.

I can't imagine anyone, especially her own mother harming her.

Someone remind me why this is top-of-the-fold first-headline News?

With respect, it's a tragic story, no doubt......but do you have any idea how many people (including children) are killed in America each year? Why is this one so special as to warrant this kind of coverage?

Other than being a telegenic white kid, why is this story getting coverage whilst hundreds and thousands of others get bupkis?

All Pro
    This is one of the most disturbing stories. I don't get it but the prosecuters have already ruled out the death penalty. To me, if this woman doesn't deserve death no one does.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=Warfish;2905921]Someone remind me why this is top-of-the-fold first-headline News?

With respect, it's a tragic story, no doubt......but do you have any idea how many people (including children) are killed in America each year? Why is this one so special as to warrant this kind of coverage?

Other than being a telegenic white kid, why is this story getting coverage whilst hundreds and thousands of others get bupkis?[/QUOTE]

I think it is the strange circumstances. Wasn't reported missing for over a month, mom out partying. Strange reaction from grandparents.

[QUOTE=Warfish;2905921]Someone remind me why this is top-of-the-fold first-headline News?

Other than being a telegenic white kid, why is this story getting coverage whilst hundreds and thousands of others get bupkis?[/QUOTE]

The circumstances.... Mother out partying 2 days after 2 year old is missing. Mother refusing to talk. .... Mother not reporting child missing for 2 months....Mother suspected of killing her own child...

Schluberator & Gadfly

It probably wouldn't have received as much press if the mother (and I use that term loosely) had reacted like a "normal" parent.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

[QUOTE=ChadLover;2905927]I think it is the strange circumstances. Wasn't reported missing for over a month, mom out partying. Strange reaction from grandparents.[/QUOTE]

The grandparents were here in Orange County, CA two days ago because someone reported seeing Caylee in a restaurant in Newport Beach. It was sad. They were completely in denial, saying that Caylee was definitely alive and that their daughter couldn't have done anything like that. Yesterday they jumped on a flight to Tennessee after another report came in. I think everybody knew that Caylee was deceased somewhere but they just kept insisting that they would find her, it was bizarre to watch. They went on to say that because the prosecution had 140+ witnesses to testify against their daughter, that there must be no case :confused:

I guess a human's mind sometimes can not deal with something so tragic. Very sad.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2905915][IMG]http://www.supernannyrules.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/08/caylee-anthony-nc.jpg[/IMG]

Beautiful little girl.

I can't imagine anyone, especially her own mother harming her.[/QUOTE]

All I can do is sigh. There's so much evil in the world.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2906006]All I can do is sigh. There's so much evil in the world.[/QUOTE]

It breaks my heart. This beautiful little girl should be excited right now, making out her Christmas list and sending it to Santa.

Instead, all that's left of her is a bag of bones thrown into the woods... never to grow up.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2906093]It breaks my heart. This beautiful little girl should be excited right now, making out her Christmas list and sending it to Santa.

Instead, all that's left of her is a bag of bones thrown into the woods... never to grow up.[/QUOTE]

Uh, God. Just awful.

[QUOTE=DeanPatsFan;2906093]It breaks my heart. This beautiful little girl should be excited right now, making out her Christmas list and sending it to Santa.

Instead, all that's left of her is a bag of bones thrown into the woods... never to grow up.[/QUOTE]

+1 I hope they fry the *****

[QUOTE=GreenSpleen;2905898]The number of people not fit to live is growing at an amazing rate[/QUOTE]

No human has the real authority to determine if another should live or not.

No one cares about poor black kids.

Veteran
    This story had much coverage only because the mother did well in deceiving close people and the cops. Her insistence of a kidnapping and the search kept this front page. Not to mention Nancy Grace.

All Pro
    [QUOTE=BrooklynBound;2906392]No human has the real authority to determine if another should live or not.[/QUOTE]

take your BS liberal agenda and park it at the door. This is a two year old girl we are talking about, and a 'mother' who didn't give a sh*t. Maybe your concern should be about her and not with a mother who has lost her rights the moment she parked her sorry a*s in a bar rather than care for the child she brought into the world.

I honestly can't wait for this trial to start, the testimony itself is bound to be fascinating. If I remember correctly the court has a hearing in a few weeks to determine a change of venue.