Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OT: Journalist throws shoe at Bush

That was pretty funny. :yes: I hope they waterboard that savage. He has a better arm than Chad.

Yankees still need a 5th starter. I'd sign him to a 2 year $24.2M deal.

****ing backwards country. I'll take solace in the fact that the Secret Service probably beat the living crap out of him.

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2911282]****ing backwards country. [/QUOTE]

Exactly.

All League
    [QUOTE=djsmoke;2910076]can someone please make a gif of that clip, aside from the leon washington td, that was the best thing I have seen all day! :D[/QUOTE]

I didn't make it but here's one.

[IMG]http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/2931/23yt2.gif[/IMG]

Regardless of whether you like Bush or not, that is a disgrace. If someone did that to Obama I would be just as disgusted.

Undrafted Free Agent
    Well, nobody got hurt as Bush was a good sport about it!;)

Banned
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2911282]****ing backwards country. [/QUOTE]

But it's still the perfect place to convert to democracy and sink billions of our dollars into. :rolleyes:

[QUOTE=VincenzoTestaverde;2912061]But it's still the perfect place to convert to democracy and sink billions of our dollars into. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

No it isn't. Not anymore. I heard on the news that the guy who threw the shoes yelled something that was roughly translated as "This is a gift from the Iraqis, you dog." This is how these bastards feel, fine, we're gone. I want President Obama to do a full-scale, massive reverse starting on January 20th. 100% pull-out. I could care less if the country reverted back into a pre-historic society.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2912097]No it isn't. Not anymore. I heard on the news that the guy who threw the shoes yelled something that was roughly translated as "This is a gift from the Iraqis, you dog." This is how these bastards feel, fine, we're gone. I want President Obama to do a full-scale, massive reverse starting on January 20th. 100% pull-out. I could care less if the country reverted back into a pre-historic society.[/QUOTE]

They didn't ask us to invade their country.

You know, if I were George Bush in Iraq, and a dude stood up in a press conference, yelled something in Arabic, and then threw an object at me, I'd definitely think it was a bomb. Yet Bush just stood there and looked at him bewildered.

All Pro
    He should have thrown one of my socks. Everyone in the room would have died on impact.

With his popularity, just imagine how many people around the world would love to throw something at him...funny scene though...LOL

[QUOTE=adb280z;2911583]I didn't make it but here's one.

[IMG]http://img369.imageshack.us/img369/2931/23yt2.gif[/IMG][/QUOTE]

haha this is awesome

[QUOTE=RutgersJetFan;2912197]You know, if I were George Bush in Iraq, and a dude stood up in a press conference, yelled something in Arabic, and then threw an object at me, I'd definitely think it was a bomb. Yet Bush just stood there and looked at him bewildered.[/QUOTE]

I think Bush half expects to get asssasinated whenever he goes to places like that

"Who throws a shoe? Honestly."

[QUOTE=Pac2566;2910068]Actually I was impressed with the cat like quickness he exhibited in avoiding the Puma that was headed towards his mug.

Laughed at his response to reporters which was something like "all I can report is it was a size 10". :D[/QUOTE]

What should he say it was a Iranian Missle. I cant think what the Messiah would say?

Hall Of Fame
    sure it's in Norwegian, but you should still be able to play along! :D

[url]http://flash.vg.no/grafikk/2008/bush/kast_sko.html[/url]

[QUOTE]
    [URL="http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article5352043.ece"]From Times Online[/URL]
    December 16, 2008
    Journalist who threw shoes at Bush, Muntazer al-Zaidi, 'has broken arm and ribs'

He may be a hero to millions of Iraqis but the “shoe man” has had to spend a second night in detention, during which he nursed a broken arm and ribs as well as cuts to his face, according to his brother.

Muntazer al-Zaidi rose to fame on Sunday when he threw his shoes at President George Bush during a Baghdad press conference, missing narrowly, in apparent protest at the actions of US troops over the past few years.

His brother, Durgham al-Zaidi, said he was told that Mr al-Zaidi is held by Iraqi forces in the heavily fortified Green Zone compound in central Baghdad, where the US embassy and most government offices are housed.

“He has got a broken arm and ribs, and cuts to his eye and arm,” he said. “He is being held by forces under the command of Muwafaq al-Rubaie [Iraq’s national security adviser]." Television pictures from the press conference show Mr al-Zaidi being carried away by prime ministerial guards but no sign of excess violence.

Thousands of Iraqis, both Sunni and Shia, took part in a second day of street protests today demanding Mr Zaidi’s release and hailing him a national hero. In Mosul, Iraq’s third largest city, north of Baghdad, an estimated 1,000 protesters carried banners and chanted slogans in his support.

Several hundred more also protested in Nasiriyah, a Shia city about 200 miles southeast of Baghdad, and in Fallujah, a Sunni area west of the capital. “Muntazer al-Zaidi has expressed the feelings and ambitions of the Iraqi people toward the symbol of tyranny,” said Nassar Afrawi, a protester in Nasiriyah.

In Baghdad, the head of the Iraqi Union of Journalists described Mr al-Zeidi’s action as “strange and unprofessional” but urged Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki to give him clemency.

“Even if he has committed a mistake, the Government and the judiciary are broad-minded and we hope they consider his release because he has a family and he is still young,” Mouyyad al-Lami said. “We hope this case ends before going to court.”

[B]Mr al-Zaidi’s action is a personal embarrassment to the Iraqi Prime Minister, who was standing next to Mr Bush at the press conference. But given that 2009 is an election in Iraq, Mr al-Zaidi’s popularity is likely to save him from a long prison sentence.

In one example of Mr al-Zaidi’s status, a geography teacher at a Baghdad elementary school asked her students if they had seen the footage of the shoe-throwing. “All Iraqis should be proud of this Iraqi brave man, Muntazer. History will remember him for ever,” she said.[/B]

Mr al-Zaidi’s action also won him widespread plaudits in the Arab world, where President Bush’s policies have drawn broad hostility. Lebanese television channel NTV, known for its opposition to Washington, went as far as offering a job to the journalist. In its evening news bulletin on Monday, it said that if he takes the job he will be paid “from the moment the first shoe was thrown”.[/QUOTE]

Unbelievable how this guy is now a national hero in Iraq. Here's my favorite comment from underneath the article:

"If he had thrown shoes at Saddam Hussein, how dead would he be now?"

Answer: Verily

Board Moderator
    Jets Insider VIP
    JetsInsider.com Legend
    Charter JI Member

Two things, I'm sure have already been discussed without reading the entire thread...first Bush still looks pretty athletic for a guy his age, and the expression of you have to be joking in between pitches, so to speak, is priceless. Second, the fact that the secret service did not destroy this guy before the second throw is unbelievable, it's the first thing I said to my wife when we saw this Sunday, where the hell were those guys?