Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lupica OWNS the Yanks again....

All League

Lupica OWNS the Yanks again....

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...vines_che.html

I think the reason why all you Yankee lovers hate Lupica is the fact that he's usually spot-on in his assessment of your team. They are a joke. Cashman/Levine/Steinbrenner- go get em boys!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post

I think the reason why all you Yankee lovers hate Lupica is the fact that he's usually spot-on in his assessment of your team. They are a joke. Cashman/Levine/Steinbrenner- go get em boys!
    I pray you see the day when you can root for your own team without another team impacting how you feel. If the Yanks are a joke, what is that back to back choking team that plays in queens

Mets fans can't talk smack, their last championship was in the 80s..... Anyways I think they should worry about beating the Phillies and stop worrying about the Yankees. Anyways Buster Olney wrote a way better piece on the Yankees offseason and I believe he was right on.
    http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/blog/...e=olney_buster

The Yankees have a plan installed.... They aren't trading away that plan for older players, FA pick ups have no impact on our prospects. The Yankees farm system is developing and we won't know the impact till later. Lupica is a moron....... Seriously the Yankees problems were not spending money, the Yankees have ALWAYS spent money. It was spending money on OLD players. Buster Olney breaks it down really well.

Hall Of Fame
    I still haven't seen anything great about Phil Hughes. He had one great start against Texas his entire career. Lester on the other hand, wow.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    I still haven't seen anything great about Phil Hughes. He had one great start against Texas his entire career. Lester on the other hand, wow.
    He's had a handful of good starts, and solid outing in the postseason. I can list them if you like. The guy just needs to stay healthy and get consistent starts. And I agree Lester has great stuff, I also love his story... hard not to root for him, even being a Red Sox.

All Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    He's had a handful of good starts, and solid outing in the postseason. I can list them if you like. The guy just needs to stay healthy and get consistent starts.
    Still, he's got a lot to prove.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    Still, he's got a lot to prove.
    Of course.. as do many 22 year olds.

Quote Originally Posted by JV51 View Post
    Lester had more time to work on his stuff..... Phil Hughes wasn't ready, his secondary pitches weren't refined. He did real good his last start this year, he added a new pitch. He will be good as he grows.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker134 View Post

I wipe my ass with the Daily News sports section. That's all it's really good for. Lupica is a bore.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post
    Lester had more time to work on his stuff..... Phil Hughes wasn't ready, his secondary pitches weren't refined. He did real good his last start this year, he added a new pitch. He will be good as he grows.
    I still think Hughes has the potential to be a decent 4th or 5th starter - maybe better.

Ian Kennedy, however, is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by k.Rhodes25 View Post

FA pick ups have no impact on our prospects. .
    well, they do. yanks now have 2 less high draft picks, which does effect the farm system.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    I still think Hughes has the potential to be a decent 4th or 5th starter - maybe better.

Ian Kennedy, however, is awful.
    If Hughes turns out to be a 4th or 5th.. that's disappointing. He's got better potential than that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    If Hughes turns out to be a 4th or 5th.. that's disappointing. He's got better potential than that.
    Perhaps.

I was never a huge Kennedy/Hughes guy unlike most Yankees fans were which was why I hated it when Cashman refused to trade them for Johan. From my perspective if we get anything out of Hughes I'm happy.

Quote Originally Posted by NE_PATS_FAN_54 View Post
    well, they do. yanks now have 2 less high draft picks, which does effect the farm system.
    Well the article says the Yankees will add picks also. But we get to keep our prospects and continue to develop them.

And Hughes has the talent to be a top of the line starter, a 4th or 5th starter is extremely disappointing.

Banned
    And Mike Piazza was drafted in like the 64th round. The baseball draft is the biggest f'n crapshoot out of all the drafts in sports. Can you give the Yankee-hating a rest for at least 5 minutes? It's starting to sound really lame.

All Pro
    I'm fine with that because 1) We still have two picks in the 1st 2 rounds and 2) C.C Sabathia for 3 years at least is better and more of a proven thing that a prospect so i'm happy with the cost/benefit ratio.

Quote Originally Posted by VincenzoTestaverde View Post
    And Mike Piazza was drafted in like the 64th round. The baseball draft is the biggest f'n crapshoot out of all the drafts in sports. Can you give the Yankee-hating a rest for at least 5 minutes? It's starting to sound really lame.
    To be completely fair, losing a first (and second) round pick does hurt you given that you are going to add a pretty good prospect no matter what - especially if you are the Yankees. Maybe he won't pan out, but he still has value. Either way, you'd much rather losing a draft pick than numerous prospects that you have spent time and money in developing. And it was clear that the plan for the Yankees, even from last season, was to go after CC.

As for this Lupica idiot, I'll respond to his hypocrisy after work.

Veteran
    As a fan of both the Mets and Yankees, I wish the Mets would spend money like the Yanks. I wonder if this Ponzi scheme will impact the Mets spending. I sure hope not.

All League
    Quote Originally Posted by ChadLover View Post
    As a fan of both the Mets and Yankees, I wish the Mets would spend money like the Yanks. I wonder if this Ponzi scheme will impact the Mets spending. I sure hope not.
    The Mets spend plenty but what they don't do is throw money at people so that the offers are irresistable. I am very happy with the moves we have made so far this year and I sure there a few more to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Jets Voice of Reason View Post
    I'm fine with that because 1) We still have two picks in the 1st 2 rounds and 2) C.C Sabathia for 3 years at least is better and more of a proven thing that a prospect so i'm happy with the cost/benefit ratio.
    well, the yankees only have 1 pick in the first two rounds. that pick is either 28 or 29. they got an additional 3rd round pick(probably around pick number 80-90 depending on free agents) for failing to sign their 2nd round pick. and the only reason they have those two picks is because they did not sign their first and second round draft picks this year, so thats not exactly something to be happy about.

and by no means am I saying that a draft pick is more valuable than c.c. sabthia, i was simply to responding to the notion that the farm system is not effected by the signings.
    Last edited by NE_PATS_FAN_54; 12-15-2008 at 09:33 PM.