Thread: Anyone see this interview with Barney Frank on 60 Minutes?

Anyone see this interview with Barney Frank on 60 Minutes?

Typical fluff piece from Leslie Stahl. At first, she was asking some really tough questions, leading Frank to say, "Of course I like welfare, don't you?" Then he started to fire back, get on her case, and you can see her actually shrink during the interview. Then the rest of the piece was a description of Frank's crusade as a gay man :rolleyes: Because that's what everyone involved in the credit crisis cares about.

I thought it was interesting how he blamed everyone from Obama to Paulson regarding the current crisis, deflected questions about his own possible faults, and all but guaranteed that this problem would go away by the end of '09.

Oh yeah, and remember when everyone made a big deal because McCain said he doesn't use email? Barney Frank, Chairman of the House Financial Services Committee, composes letters via dictaphone and has an ancient typewriter on his desk. That made me chuckle.

[url]http://www.usnews.com/blogs/the-home-front/2008/12/15/barney-frank-on-60-minutes.html?s_cid=rss:the-home-front:barney-frank-on-60-minutes[/url]

Jets Insider VIP
    [QUOTE=pauliec;2913872]I thought it was interesting how he [B]blamed[/B] everyone from Obama to Paulson regarding the current crisis, [B]deflected[/B] questions about his own possible faults, and all but [B]guaranteed[/B] that this problem would go away by the end of '09.
    [/QUOTE]

Wow. That's the trifecta. Why hasn't this man had a cabinet level position for the past 8 years is beyond me...

[QUOTE=PlumberKhan;2914338]Wow. That's the trifecta. Why hasn't this man had a cabinet level position for the past 8 years is beyond me...[/QUOTE]

hahaha, I'll give you that one, that was pretty good :D

All I heard was "Thaa thaa tha thee tha tha" couldn't under stand a word out of his schlong infested mouth

All League
    [QUOTE=acepepe;2914731]All I heard was "Thaa thaa tha thee tha tha" couldn't under stand a word [B]out of his schlong infested mouth[/B][/QUOTE]

Wellllll, that's interesting.

[QUOTE=ReleasetheAnimal;2914865]Wellllll, that's interesting.[/QUOTE]

He's kind of agitated today. I thought the piece was a kind of double-edged sword. I think I like Frank a little less after watching the piece -- it'll be interesting to see how things play out in the next year. Reminded my of the piece Ed Bradley (RIP) did years ago on John Kasich (sp?) back in '94/'95.

[QUOTE=fukushimajin;2914900] I thought the piece was a kind of double-edged sword. I think I like Frank a little less after watching the piece -- it'll be interesting to see how things play out in the next year. Reminded my of the piece Ed Bradley (RIP) did years ago on John Kasich (sp?) back in '94/'95.[/QUOTE]

He sounds like he's never heard the phrase "the buck stops here". If there's anyone else he can possibly blame, he takes that option. He also sounds like a d-ck (no pun intended).

No, I really don't like him at all.

[QUOTE=pauliec;2914922]He sounds like he's never heard the phrase "the buck stops here". If there's anyone else he can possibly blame, he takes that option. He also sounds like a d-ck (no pun intended).

No, I really don't like him at all.[/QUOTE]

But at least give him credit for taking an active stance and (for now) for getting the respect of his colleagues on both sides of the aisle. We'll see how long it lasts.

He uses his dick to phone?????

Barney Frank is an idiot.
    It's amazing how the Chairman of the Financial Services Committee (formerly called the Banking and Currency Committee) could know so little about monetary theory.