Thread: FF horror story....this could happen to you.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like

FF horror story....this could happen to you.

so i get a call from my friend yesterday..the guy is almost crying...i am like whats up? he tells me this....

he is in the semi-finals of a league where first prise is 2G and second place is a G third place 0....going into Monday night the first finalist was set (according to him a weak team who has gotten by scoring low in the playoffs) and he had McNabb going...down by something like 20 points.

So McNabb puts up 290 yards (you get a 3 point bonus in my league for 300 yards passing) and gets taken out of the game in the 3rd quarter....translation....he lost 2G on 10 yards passing

EDIT: forgot to say he lost by 2
    Last edited by K-Met57; 12-16-2008 at 10:58 AM.

Hall of Fame
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    First place. A car.

Second place. Steak knives.

Third. You're fired.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    I once lost $200 bucks due to freakness. I don't remember the specifics, but on the last game of the season I needed Rich Gannon to get me 4 points to win the championship. I turn on the TV and the game is in a hurricane, sideways rain etc. You couldn't even see the plays on TV. Long story short, Gannon played the entire game and attempted only 8 passes-he got me 2 points.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    I lost in the semi-finals by one f'n point.

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was in the champ game down by 11 points with only Cooley left to go, difference between first and second was around 500. First 3 mins of the game he catches a 30 yd td pass and I am now only down by 1 point. I need only one more catch by Cooley to win the championship and we are not even one third into the first quarter.

I then proceed to stay glued to the tv while watching Cooley block the rest of the game and drop the pass that would have won me the game.

The eventual winner said he was so sure he was going to lose after the td catch that he went to the bar and got ****faced...only to find out later that night he won anyway...

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Danza View Post
    I was in the champ game down by 11 points with only Cooley left to go, difference between first and second was around 500. First 3 mins of the game he catches a 30 yd td pass and I am now only down by 1 point. I need only one more catch by Cooley to win the championship and we are not even one third into the first quarter.

I then proceed to stay glued to the tv while watching Cooley block the rest of the game and drop the pass that would have won me the game.

The eventual winner said he was so sure he was going to lose after the td catch that he went to the bar and got ****faced...only to find out later that night he won anyway...
    rough bro....read my story again it will make you feel better.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Met57 View Post
    so i get a call from my friend yesterday..the guy is almost crying...i am like whats up? he tells me this....

he is in the semi-finals of a league where first prise is 2G and second place is a G third place 0....going into Monday night the first finalist was set (according to him a weak team who has gotten by scoring low in the playoffs) and he had McNabb going...down by something like 20 points.

So McNabb puts up 290 yards (you get a 3 point bonus in my league for 300 yards passing) and gets taken out of the game in the 3rd quarter....translation....he lost 2G on 10 yards passing

EDIT: forgot to say he lost by 2
    He was screwed being down 20 with a player left...even though that was a good player in a favorable matchup (I should know, I nabbed McNabb in the 7th round of my draft), I'd still think I was done until proven otherwise. In other words, it's not a sucker punch type feeling like a game I had earlier this season....tied 69-69, I had LEE EVANS remaning, opponent had nobody. Lee Evans proceeds to catch ZERO balls for ZERO yards, I get a TIE, and it dropped me a seed in the playoffs.