Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Brett Favre, Pro Bowler. Chad Pennington, Bowling.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Brett's no Jet... he's a packer on furlough... nothing to get excited about... unless of course he continues to lead the league in INTs.:zzz:

Jets Insider VIP
    Charter JI Member

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=kyhangdog;2915888]Brett's no Jet... he's a packer on furlough... nothing to get excited about... unless of course he continues to lead the league in INTs.:zzz:[/QUOTE]

Would it also be fair to say your not a Jet Fan but a Chadwick Thundering Herd Fan???:P

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    ravens behind the jets??!?!! and philly at 15. ham you need to rethink these rankings my friend. im still laughing at the fact you had the jets at number 1 power house of the NFL

Undrafted Free Agent
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetnut;2915842] If you think Brett Favre's pro bowl selection is actually based on this years performance alone, then you are dumber than I already thought you were.
    [/QUOTE]

firstly if it was all based on reputation, than Favre would be a 16 time Pro Bowler. And for the same reason John Abraham is NOT in the Pro Bowl is one of the reasons why Favre IS. The competition is thin. Rivers has all the stats, but those stats have translated into barely 6 wins. for a QB, winning is the most important stat and Favre has 9, plus over 20TD's and leads a drastically improved offense from last season.

While Chad is playing well, he only has 16TD's and his team is goofy with their "Wildcat" crap. They're winning through gimmickry, not because Chad is leading them. Chad is just part of their machine. Rothlisberger is on a winner but his numbers aren't that impressive nor is the PIT offense.

Matt Cassel does not deserve Pro Bowl consideration because of his numbers and the fact that he inherited a team that went 16-0.

Thigpen's good but his team loses all the time. Schaub is way hot and cold and his team sucks. Trent Edwards couldn't keep it going (like his team), and Flacco wasn't dynamic enough to get anyone's attention.

Honestly this was hardly Peyton's best year but no one's complaining. You don't judge a Pro Bowl selection by "being the caliber of a Pro Bowl", but you vote in the best of who's available. And that's how you get Peyton, Favre, and Cutler.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Jetnut;2915842]
    Until then, you can rip into chad all you want. For the sanity of all Jets fans and especially for you, I hope you're right. [u]I'm extremely worried to say the least[/u].[/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://fabulousblueporcupine.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/puppy1.jpg[/IMG]

Look out! It's a fiercesome, frightening, scary dog! It's a killer! Run! Run for your lives!

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Johnny Bravo;2915872]Ha, like he cares.[/QUOTE]

After all my correct predictions over the last decade, I've got more than one "Get Out Of Rep Jail" card laying around.

SAR I

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Maybe Next Year;2915874]thats what im saying. SAR I posts are rediculous. if the only way of knowing how chad is doing based on SARs posts i would think pennington is the worst NFL qb all of time. now hes going to come to the meadowlands and theres a good chance he wins. and if that happens whats SAR going to say? you have a fascination with chad pennington and its retarded[/QUOTE]

Chad plays well in good weather.

Chad plays well against cupcake competition.

Chad plays well in low-pressure, early season games.

So, as they say....

[IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/mspin.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/mspin.gif[/IMG][IMG]http://i110.photobucket.com/albums/n114/srubenst/mspin.gif[/IMG]

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Not bababooey and I resent the implication
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=GB Jet Fan;2915953]firstly if it was all based on reputation, than Favre would be a 16 time Pro Bowler. And for the same reason John Abraham is NOT in the Pro Bowl is one of the reasons why Favre IS. The competition is thin. Rivers has all the stats, but those stats have translated into barely 6 wins. for a QB, winning is the most important stat and Favre has 9, plus over 20TD's and leads a drastically improved offense from last season.

While Chad is playing well, he only has 16TD's and his team is goofy with their "Wildcat" crap. They're winning through gimmickry, not because Chad is leading them. Chad is just part of their machine. Rothlisberger is on a winner but his numbers aren't that impressive nor is the PIT offense.

Matt Cassel does not deserve Pro Bowl consideration because of his numbers and the fact that he inherited a team that went 16-0.

Thigpen's good but his team loses all the time. Schaub is way hot and cold and his team sucks. Trent Edwards couldn't keep it going (like his team), and Flacco wasn't dynamic enough to get anyone's attention.

Honestly this was hardly Peyton's best year but no one's complaining. You don't judge a Pro Bowl selection by "being the caliber of a Pro Bowl", but you vote in the best of who's available. And that's how you get Peyton, Favre, and Cutler.[/QUOTE]
    Exactly.

Jets Insider VIP
    Board Moderator

Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;2915971]After all my correct predictions over the last decade, I've got more than one "Get Out Of Rep Jail" card laying around.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

True that. You've had A LOT of correct predictions over the years.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;2915668]I'm not confident about the week 17 game at all. SAR's putting his rep on the line with these threads and will never hear the end of it if Pennington plays well and Miami wins. I obviously hope he's right though...[/QUOTE]

If Penny beats Favre in week 17, SAR, Tex and Mangini will go into the witness protection program.

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;2916015]True that. You've had A LOT of correct predictions over the years.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for remembering.

I am making no prediction, by the way. Just merely saying that I am not afraid of the Dolphins and that Chad Pennington cannot beat the Jets. Wildcat might. Parcells might. Henning might. Pennington can't.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;2916040]Thank you for remembering.

I am making no prediction, by the way. Just merely saying that I am not afraid of the Dolphins and that Chad Pennington cannot beat the Jets. Wildcat might. Parcells might. Henning might. Pennington can't.

SAR I[/QUOTE]

hah so if miami wins now its not because of chad. hahaha you guys are funny.

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    Farve >>>> Pennington
    Miami CS>>>>>>>>Jet CS

tough game, talent wise shouldnt even be close, but the Jets seem to be unprepared, unmotivated, and out coached week in and week out.

I agree with SAR, chad pennington does not scare me and NO i dont think he could beat the Jets, but the Miami CS does scare me and they are more then able to take Mangini and Co. to the woodshed

All Pro
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Maybe Next Year;2916050]hah so if miami wins now its not because of chad. hahaha you guys are funny.[/QUOTE]

could ya name me a game this year the dolphins won because of Chad?

All League
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=AnthonySerp;2916062]could ya name me a game this year the dolphins won because of Chad?[/QUOTE] Yes..the Jets game Week 17.

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=Buzzsaw;2916015]True that. You've had A LOT of correct predictions over the years.[/QUOTE]

Yeah like Matt Leinart, Chad, and this year..

Chad is doing more with less and he keeps making excuses with the defense, Parcells, The friggin Wildcat, Weather, I mean is there a chance he is a good quarterback?

A real true character of a man is one who admits when they are wrong, and NONE of the Anti Chad posters can do it.

It makes me laugh with each and every Miami win

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=LETSGOJETS;2916225]Yeah like Matt Leinart, Chad, and this year..

Chad is doing more with less and he keeps making excuses with the defense, Parcells, The friggin Wildcat, Weather, I mean is there a chance he is a good quarterback?

A real true character of a man is one who admits when they are wrong, and NONE of the Anti Chad posters can do it.

It makes me laugh with each and every Miami win[/QUOTE]

Didn't you disappear for a few months with the rest of the malcontents? You can always go back. Anyway, here's a photo of the real Dolphins QB.

[IMG]http://deadlinepublishing.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/camp4.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I

Hall Of Fame
    Post Thanks / Like
    [QUOTE=SAR I;2916343]Didn't you disappear for a few months with the rest of the malcontents? You can always go back. Anyway, here's a photo of the real Dolphins QB.

[IMG]http://deadlinepublishing.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/camp4.jpg[/IMG]

SAR I[/QUOTE]

Yeah I did disappear when Klecloisgod was abusing his power and starting going into my account and changing my signature. Then would not change it back.

Then started banning people for things he was doing himself..

now that he is gone, I am back.

It had NOTHING to do with Chad or any of that stuff. Nice try though.

When will you admit you are wrong?? Or are you gonna be like the rest of the Anti Chad Posters and just take your ball and go home?

You are a total joke

JetsInsider.com Legend
    Post Thanks / Like
    [B]LETSGOJETS Yeah I did disappear when Klecloisgod was abusing his power and starting going into my account and changing my signature. Then would not change it back.[/B]

My apologies. I hated that guy too for similar reasons.

[B]When will you admit you are wrong?? Or are you gonna be like the rest of the Anti Chad Posters and just take your ball and go home?[/B]

Admit I was wrong about what? We're 9-5, in first place in December, control our own destiny, and are 2 wins against gimmie opponents away from hosting only our 3rd home playoff game since the 1980's. What exactly was I "wrong" about?

[B]You are a total joke[/B]

I don't disagree.

SAR I

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    Fact 1: Chad Pennington has completed more long balls than Brett Favre (20, 30, 40 yrd passes) on less attempts

Fact 2: Favre leads the lead in picks (Chad has 6)

In conclusion:

1.) Favre has a noodle arm upside(has fewer long balls than an actual noodle)

2.) Favre has a gunslinger downside (leads the league in throwing right into the defenders hand)

Fact 3: Shaq made the allstar game last year while not playing the first half of the season